Community post

Discussion

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person???!!!

View Full Post

I think I might be pregnant ....I'm probably not ....could be, I'm late and crampy ....or maybe I ovulated later than I thought ...My breast feels sore, I gotta be pregnant ...maybe it's sore from me poking at it to see if it's sore. LOL! Anyone else mentally wrestling yourself ?!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

9961 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

7061 - 7070 of 9961 Replies | Last Page

We've nicknamed the baby Tiny.

Here's Tiny at 9w3d (upside down, lol)....

User Image

User Image

10 years ago

Awww! that's funny baby magic...our son's middle name will be Tyne (family name) and I'm gonna nickname him Tiny too! ROFL!

Ok..talked to the doctor. I dont feel like retyping everything so this is my email to Parints that explains everything. Hope to hear back from them today....I'm a ball of nerves!
"Hi Ms Becky/Ms Jen,
I just got off the phone with Dr Levey. I was tested for Protein S and C activity, Antithrombin 3, and Prothrombin Factor 2, as well as karyotyping. She said all my tests came back normal. The only thing abnormal I have going on is the pcos and compound heterozygous mthfr.
She left it up to me to decide what to do next. She again recommended IVF but even she agrees that I can get pregnant without IVF...it's implantation failure that is the issue. From my research, IVF wont really help if your body wont allow the embryo to implant.
I know that there are some doctors that believe that mthfr doesnt cause implantion issues/miscarriages due to some of the research done. But many other doctors (even Perinatologist, Dr Michael Paul at MOBap) believe the studies werent done properly and believe that some forms of mthfr mutation lead to implantation failure. So far,
everything I've looked into states that my form of mthfr mutation (compound heterozygous c677t and A1298C) is the 2nd most potentially severe form and has been shown to lead to implantation failure.

"The MTHFR mutation is fairly common in the general population. Approximately 44% of the population is heterozygous and another approximate 12% are homozygous for the MTHFR mutation. Compound heterozygous and homozygous MTHFR have the highest incidences of being linked to implantation failure, late term miscarriages, specific birth defects and overall vascular health. Whichever type of MTHFR you have, it should not be discounted, particularly if there is a personal or family history of any such incidences."

I do have a family history of miscarriage. Though the cause wasnt determined, based on medical history, it could very possibly be clotting issues with mthfr. I'm comfortable being on the Foltanx and baby aspirin. However, I discussed with Dr Levey, the possibility of trying Lovenox injections starting a few days after ovulation/iui. It's been shown to help with implantation issues, especially with my form of mthfr. She said she leaves the decision to you and if you would be okay allowing me to try this treatment our next medicated cycle, she would be alright prescribing daily lovenox (I've already discussed it with my insurance company and it is covered). I've already talked with Dr Paul's staff and they said if I decided to have him as my future high risk OB, that I'll be started on Lovenox anyways.
I'm trying my darnedest to keep from having to pay the high costs of an RE. But if I still miscarry using the Lovenox, I believe we will move on to an RE in the future. I hope you'll consider trying Lovenox in my case, but I respect your opinion :).

So after this freakishly long email I wrote haha...what are your thoughts in my future treatment?

thank you,
Tara
Oh...dr levey is also checking my estradiol today to see if my eggs are doing anything this cycle without meds :)."

Sorry it was so long...just easier to copy paste !lol.

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

10 years ago • Post starter

Parints said they wont prescribe Lovenox and it has to be my doctor...my doctor says same thing but vice versa. My life is like repeatedly running face first into a brick wall.

I would ask Parints to give an ok letter for you to be on the Lovenox and then have your Dr prescribe it. It's not fair for you to be caught on their "Merry-go-round".

Do you know if they tested you for Factor V Leiden? That is actually a fairly common one, and it does cause clots and miscarriage.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago

Hey ladies just wanted to update you. One of my uncles passed away Last night from what they think was a massive heart attack, which is how my grandfather died 20 almost 21 years ago. My mom has 14 siblings 11 are boys and this was the first to pass away. We are all still just shocked. The family needs prayers but I have 2 specific prayer requests. The first is for one of my other uncles, he was the one that found my grandfather when he had died in his sleep, he developed severe OCD and anxiety after and it took him years to get it under control. He was the one that found my uncle last night along with my 10 yr old cousin. The second is for another uncle, he was with him beforehand last night and my uncle that passed said he had horrible indigestion and was going to bed, which he didn't think anything of but now he's blaming himself.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss Athena. Sending my condolences and thoughts your way.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago

Oh hunny. I'm so sorry Athena. I am praying for you and your family, for peace and comfort during this difficult time. If you need anything let me know. HUGS

User Image

10 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss Athena! I will be praying for you and for your family.

afm: my doctors office called and asked me to come in for fasting blood work tomorrow. All the nurse would tell me was that they wanted to check my homocysteine levels. She said the doctor would go through all of my tests results at once at my apt. May 27.. Been doing online research and I'm guessing something showed up on the MTHFR test.. Ii just wish I didn't have to wait until the end of the month to know what's going on.. :(

10 years ago

Also Tara, sorry your doctors are giving you the run around. Any updates on that front?

10 years ago

@athena- I'm so sorry athena. We're going through something similar right now. Dh's cousin fell and hit her head against a car in a parking lot last week. They didnt think anything of it and dropped her off at home. They found her 2 days later on her couch. The autopsy is too expensive but they are guessing a brain bleed. Everyone is still in shock. Praying for your family honey!

@staggart- no updates. Getting my estradiol checked tomorrow to see if anything is brewing in my ovaries. Cycle day 21 today. I havent talked to Parints since Saturday. I did get an email reminding me that they prescribed folgard not metanx. They said folgard is the 'right kind' of folate. Well apparently they dont read up to date research. Yes folic acid (folgard) is a type of folate...but it's in a form that I cant absorb. I dont care what they say...I'm staying on Metanx! I was folgard before and that didnt work and I'm not blaming it on a bad egg again. Right now, I'm just taking a step back. I'm in the middle of cycle right now and just need this time to think of what to do. Part of me wants to find another dr that will take mthfr seriously, but it's hard! The only ones that do are perinatologists and they dont take you til a couple weeks after you're pregnant. I should have gone to medical school so I could treat myself. I'm also thinking about calling some Re's for prices this week. Just to get an idea. Be awesome if I could get one to work with parints so my IUI would be cheaper. I may need to just pay for a consult to see what one has to say....

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo