Community post

Discussion

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person???!!!

View Full Post

I think I might be pregnant ....I'm probably not ....could be, I'm late and crampy ....or maybe I ovulated later than I thought ...My breast feels sore, I gotta be pregnant ...maybe it's sore from me poking at it to see if it's sore. LOL! Anyone else mentally wrestling yourself ?!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

9961 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

6961 - 6970 of 9961 Replies | Last Page

OK, so trying to figure out the best way to tell the dr I want to take methylfolate. If I tell her I just want to order it online...I have a feeling she will freak out more. So I've researched some different prescriptions for MTHFR and one of the most recommended is Metanx. It's methylfolate and the active forms of B12 and B6 (nothing synthetic). Wiht my insurance I would pay $40 a month...which is worth it.

What do you think?

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

10 years ago • Post starter

Ok just left a message for my doctor...waiting to hear back. OH MAN...feel like I'm fighting goliath!

Hey Tara!!!! I was just passing through checking on you guys. I'm on the sidelines...my hubby is in Portugal for a year :-( (blasted military)
What is Methyfolate?

10 years ago

I didn't need the methylfolate, but I did take a b complex that had 1mg of folic acid. I'm not sure if they translate to the same doseage. I'm not sure if I'd take more than 1mg combined.

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago

Hey pisces! Methylfolate is the bio-active (most broken down version) of folic acid. I tested positive for MTHFR and I cant breakdown and absorb folic acid well. My dr prescribed Folgard, but this is basically just a high dose of folic acid which I cant absorb anyways. Research shows that when folic acid is broken down into methylfolate, it is better for MTHFR patients. So I'm trying to get my doctor on board with switching me but she's kinda ignorant to MTHFR. But since I'm going thru my 5th loss right now...I'm adamant about getting the proper supplements.

Portugal!? Sounds more like a vacation than military transfer. I'm sorry you're still trying. I guess we're both beating our heads against a wall, huh?

I called my doctor and asked to be switched to Metanx.

@Holly- did you dr have an issue with your ordering it online? Or did you ever tell her LOL!

I'm posting like crazy today LOL. Sorry :).
Just got my blood drawn....a lot in fact. I've become pretty close with the girls at the lab so since they were slow, we chatted for a bit. They completely agree with me about the levenox and methylfolate. Still waiting to hear back from the doctor but if she denies the Metanx then I will demand to change my prenatals to Neevo-DHA.

I agree that the Mentanx is probably the best for you. I really hope that the Dr does not give you push back on this. It's not like taking methylfolate as opposed to folic acid is a bad thing.

Hoping she sees the light!

Melissa-37, lost rt tube DH-36, MFI - low morph DD-7, conceived naturally after 26 cycles --- TTC#2 since 2006 IUI's in April, May, December 2011 - ALL BFN IUI#4-100mg clomid - Feb/12 BFP Ectopic pg ended March 2/12 IUI#5-100mg clomid - May/12 BFN IUI#6-100mg clomid - June/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#7-100mg clomid - Sept/12 BFN IUI#8-100mg clomid - Oct/12 BFP Chemical pg IUI#9- 5mg femara - Jan/13 BFN IUI#10-100mg clomid - Mar/13 BFN Counting down to our IVF in September! But wait...SURPRISE!! Aug/13- Natural, miracle for the second time while waiting for a treatment cycle to begin.

10 years ago

Cause Metanx wasnt produced for MTHFR, she may say no and not bother to do any further research.

We need an emoticon of beating our head against a wall. lol

HOLY CRAP SHE SAID YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo