Community post

Discussion

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person???!!!

View Full Post

I think I might be pregnant ....I'm probably not ....could be, I'm late and crampy ....or maybe I ovulated later than I thought ...My breast feels sore, I gotta be pregnant ...maybe it's sore from me poking at it to see if it's sore. LOL! Anyone else mentally wrestling yourself ?!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

9961 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

9221 - 9230 of 9961 Replies | Last Page

Ya know, when I first started my blog, I wanted to create a page specifically on the different sensitivities of different brands of tests, but it turned into a really huge undertaking. I was going to call each brand of test and get their ACTUAL sensitivity, not just what you find on the Internet, ya know? Do y'all think that's something people reading my blog would actually like to see? I don't wanna waste the energy if y'all think I'd be wasting my time. If y'all think people would be interested (and if anyone is willing to help with the research load), I'd still do it!

Linda

8 years ago

Frsty, I too have been checking the feed looking for your pictures. I've been praying for you all week in hopes that you get your . Please, definitely keep us updated.

Angie, I too found that the test brand makes a difference. The first 2 tests I took in last month were generic brand from target - both came back negative. I then went out and got a box of FRER (First Response Early Result) and both of those tests came back positive. I am now 8wks 3days into my pregnancy. My recommendations would be to avoid generic brands and try either First Response or Clear Blue, if you haven't already tried those.

AFM, holy morning sickness batman! I haven't had the privilege of actually throwing up yet simply because I refuse to throw up, but the amount of nausea I've been having is almost supernatural. Add to that my newly developed aversion to ALL meat, and I've been miserable for over a week now. I'm currently looking for foods that don't make me want to barf all over myself, so far I have fruit, some veggies, pudding, and noodle soup. Today I'm going to try eggs because I have to get some protein in me some how. Smoothies might just become my new best friend. I'm also on a countdown til my first appt - 13days and counting. I'm especially on a countdown after having a scare yesterday; had some brownish pink discharge when wiping after using the bathroom and I passed a clot (sorry for the TMI). When that happened I lost it and damn near went to the ER, but my mom said it sounded normal, my husband calmed me down, and everyone said if I wasn't having bright red blood with cramps to not freak out. Been praying a lot and keeping my fingers crossed. Feb. 12th cannot come fast enough, and I'll feel much better once I can see a heartbeat.

Hope everyone's weekend has gone well!! Lots of and

8 years ago

@2frsty- I see blue! It's faint but I believe I see it. I cant wait for you test again. So exciting! Wow...that's a tough schedule for baby making . Praying this is it!!

@cateEgg- I'm sorry you are having spotting scares. I've known a couple girls that have been on the forum that had spotting for the first 12 weeks of pregnancy and everything was perfectly fine :). I know your fear though. I hope your appt gets here soon. What day is it? I'm so excited about your morning sickness but I hope the puking all over yourself stays away though lol.
Good luck with the eggs!

@angie- Hi angie! Your other two tests look positive :). Like the other girls said, different brands have different sensitivities so I bet the other test will get dark soon. Keep us updated!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

8 years ago • Post starter

Thank you all for your advice and help ladies, waitingonmymiracle, I remember the sickness well, it will get easier and soo pleased your doing well, apart from the strange hue of green lol ;)
2frsty, how are you doing still rooting for you girl, the test advice would be great, Ive worked out from your posts/info that frer seems to be the best? Im only using internet dip stick cheapies but if I ever get a hint of a line Im gonna treat myself to one, there is a section on here on tests and star rated, it rates them as one of the better ones, otherwise I have no idea which ones are most reliable/best......
How are you doing Angie?
AFM still bad wind/heartburn etc, boobs shooting pains but I had all that last month so not getting hopes up, might test wed-10dpo or too early? AF due Sunday , good luck to all -x-x-x-

8 years ago

pinkster--> Yes, FRER seem to be the gold standard. They definitely have the highest sensitivity, with confirmed positives at only 6 mIU! And 10 DPO is a good jumping off point for testing! Break legs girl!!

CateEgg--> I didn't have morning sickness with John, but I did have the aversion to meat. Especially red meat and chicken on the bone. I tried to stick with dark leafy veggies (like romain lettuce, etc) for iron and maybe beans/eggs for protein? Nuts are also good sources of protein. It CAN be done to avoid all meat, it just takes some work to keep your nutrients up. Also, what time a day are you taking your prenatal vitamins?

AFM: Well, it looks like the line yesterday was just a dud. I've taken several cheapies and 2 FRER and not gotten anything that promising since.

User Image
This was this morning's test. 11 DPO with FMU. Thinking I may be out this cycle. Surely something would show by now

Linda

8 years ago

Dont give up hope! I was on CD 39 and 16 DPO before I got a very very faint line on my HPT and then CD 40 and and 17 DPO before I got my first real BFP!

8 years ago

Mackie - CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hopefull - wonderful beta number!

Cate - I'm sure it will be okay. Fingers crossed for you!

2Frsty - good luck!

Pinkster- I hope you get your BFP! 10dpo is not too early, but it depends on how you deal with disappointment if you don't get a +. If you get really, really bummed, I'd wait if you can until AF is due.

Love you all!

8 years ago

For the record, OSOM hCG Combo tests are by far the most sensitive I have ever used. I like them much better than FRER, but you can't pee on them - you have to collect the urine, so there's that.

8 years ago

2frsty don't be be discouraged!! 11dpo is still early. I got my super super faint positive until AF was due and then my real BFP two days later I'm thinking I was around 21 dpo (I ovulated early) so hang in there! Fingers and toes crossed for u!

Thank u phatgurl! :)

I personally liked first respond- early result the best.

8 years ago

@2frsty- I must be losing it cause I see a line on your frer clear as day. I'm cheering you and your uterus on from st louis!

@pinkster- 10dpo sounds like a good day to start testing :)

AFM- Af is finally out of here and I started my birth control and spironolactone. It stinks but my testosterone is jacked up again. Pretty much all of our savings for babymaking are going to dh's car. Dh's dad (who works on old cars as a hobby) talked him into taking his engine apart thinking it was the timing belt. The belt was fine but the timing was off. Dh has been working on it but cant get the timing to line up right. His dad has been telling him exactly what to do including diving deeper into the engine so we have engine parts all over our garage. He's acted like he knows exactly what he's doing helping dh out but basically told us this morning that he has no clue what he's doing and his friend (a mechanic) will fix the timing issue for us for $300 if we buy the parts ourselves. But that only fixes the mess that has been created. The actual issue that started all of this could be the timing OR it could be something completely different. The $300 doesnt cover fixing the possible real issue. Ontop of that, the stuff dh's dad has instructed him to do, could have screwed up more delicate and expensive parts of the car. So, either our car will get fixed...or we'll buy a new car. Dh's car is a 2003 Tiburon and has 130,000 miles on it. It's not worth much anymore and it's almost silly paying way more to fix it than the car is worth. So we're hoping it was just the timing and paying the $300 will fix everything. If not...we may be car shopping soon. And something just hit me...I've been praying for a 4 door car (we both have 2 doors) cause with us HOPEFULLY have kids soon, plus me taking care of my nephew plus his new sibling due to arrive in August...I'm gonna need a 4 door at least. Maybe this is God's way of inching us in the direction of a bigger car. Either way I'm frustrated. Dh's dad has been using this as a bonding moment (father and son working on a car). I understand he's getting older and wants to create more memories with his son, but....could he have done it another way?! If he would have called his mechanic friend in the first place instead of guilting dh into letting him help...we wouldnt be out $300+ to just fix what has been done. We have $1000 of baby savings (needed $1200 for injectable cycle) but we may be spending all of that this week. ***slamming my head into wall over and over and over and over again*** Sorry, just needed to vent. Thank the good Lord, cause my good news is helping me through this. I'll let you all know in a couple days :)

8 years ago • Post starter

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo