Common-sense rules to keep the community productive and safe. Please take these rules seriously. Overstepping these boundaries may result in deleted content, banned accounts, or other restrictions.
Be nice and law-abiding
The following types of content (found in photos, comments, posts, replies, profile content) will be removed:
- Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language or image
- "Trolling", or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments meant to harass, threaten or abuse an individual
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs
- Links, comments or images containing sexually explicit content material
- Discussion of illegal activity
- Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people's computers or mobile devices
- Acknowledgement of intent to stalk an individual or collect private information without disclosure
- Commercial solicitations or promotion of a competitor
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights
- Content that relates to confidential or proprietary business information
- Content or image determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of the site
- Promoting competing products, services, or brands
- Personal promotion
Administrators or moderators may remove any content or account without notice.
Please use basic writing conventions as a courtesy to those reading. This means using proper punctuation and capitalization, proper grammar and minimal text speak. Content with excessive text speak (txtspk), ALL CAPS, and/or a lack of punctuation are likely to be deleted.
You may find content you don't like, but doesn't violate the Community Guidelines. If that happens, you can mute the person who posted it or simply scroll by.
Note from the founder:
Countdown to Pregnancy was developed for any woman who is looking for information about conception, early pregnancy and signs and symptoms. For anyone who thinks she may be pregnant - trying to conceive or not, long term trying to conceive or new to it all. A place for mothers with children or women just starting their family. It's a place for women to get support from each other regardless of their personal situation or status (age, race, weight, religion, marital status, sexual orientation etc.)
Remember the saying "If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all".
If you have helpful advice and can answer a question, then do so. If you can relate and want to share in a discussion, then do so. If not, move on to a different item where you can add value.
Treat others as you would like to be treated. Do not judge, berate or offend others. Do not let your own situation cloud the advice you can give someone. Your situation is unique, just as others are different from you. Share your experiences if they will help.
Some women are full of anticipation, some are worried or scared, some frustrated, some excited, some depressed, and some are just confused... We all have questions, thoughts, emotions and feelings. Most just want support, advice and understanding.
Pregnancy is one of the most profound and life changing events we will ever experience! Bear this in mind when using the site. This is very personal and emotional subject, and we need to show respect and consideration when discussing it.
As a gender, we can pride ourselves on being gentle, supportive and caring. It's these qualities in us that have made or will make us terrific mothers! Let's keep CTP a safe, supportive place for all women.
I have always trusted CTP members to be sensible and sensitive in their use of the site. I have allowed for fairly free run when it comes to posting. Please have respect for your fellow members. Let's take good care of each other.