Community post

Discussion

Does anyone else feel like a crazy person???!!!

View Full Post

I think I might be pregnant ....I'm probably not ....could be, I'm late and crampy ....or maybe I ovulated later than I thought ...My breast feels sore, I gotta be pregnant ...maybe it's sore from me poking at it to see if it's sore. LOL! Anyone else mentally wrestling yourself ?!

Forum Founder; TTC 2 1/2 yrs; PCOS & MTHFR; 5 angel babies...Praying for a miracle!

9961 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

4421 - 4430 of 9961 Replies | Last Page

Athena, i bought MULTIPLE tests. all different test.. some pink some blue. the third test was pink and did the same thing. so like i said i am going to just wait it out. i only have like 6 days..

Also, Tara feel better! :( stomach bug sux a$$

10 years ago

@mandie I used both pink and blue last cycle and neither gave me even the slightest hint of a positive which was good coz I wasn't pregnant. I know blue can be less accurate but it sounds to me like u could be in with a serious chance! Maybe u could test with a first response early result in a few days? I have my fingers crossed for you!

User Image

10 years ago

Gracey,
Thanks! i really dont want to get my hopes up i called my mother because she was a Labor and Delivery Nurse for over 15 years and now has her Doctorates and works in ER lol, she told me that you will ONLY get a positive due to HCG detected that if the line showed up gray no matter what color dye is used its considered an Evap line..

the line when looking at them are clearly blue just very faint!

i guess i am eaither getting to excited or its finally my tims and my HCG levels are only 25-50 right now being im only 8 DPO today.

im getting really nervous due to the fact i have been TTC for so long!

she also said even if Tests sit for long periods of time it doesnt effect the results. she said it is eaither pos or negative. so now its even more of a waiting game! wish i didnt test so early!

10 years ago

Blue dye tests have blue evaps. Trust me I have had some pretty convincing ones. Pink dye tests have gray lines. I have to disagree with your mom though when a test sits it dries and the ink will show up when it dries even on a negative test. As I said I have had some pretty convincing evap lines. If you google it you will see how crazy evaporation lines can be.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10 years ago

If you read instructions on any test it says any results read after the time limit should not be considered positive.

10 years ago

i understand athena.
like i keep stating, im going to wait it all out.. u never know..
lots of women get their BFP after then get these cruddy faints. :D

i trust my mothers opinion about it even though instructions say to do this and that after all she has multiple medical degrees. but idk we'll see!

still not getting hopes up. never had blue or pink tests give me and pos. or evap lines even days after.

hopefully this is my BFP after a year and a half

10 years ago

Mandie - I'm sure your mom is a very smart lady. Going by what she said, though, I would have been pregnant about 10 times during this time of ttc. Having taken HUNDREDS oftests in the last year, I can tell you that some most certainly do give false positives when left sitting for a while. Clear Blue Easy and EPT and occasionally wondfo's have given false + for me within the time limit or just after. If you leave an FRER for about a day, it will show a false +. People call them Evaps because they generally occur outside the time limit. Technically it's only an evap if it's grey, but the term gets used pretty loosely. Sometimes the manufacturers screw up & a bad batch goes out the door that gives false + on some or all. I looked at your tests, and I think they may be +. However, I would try to restrain my excitement until I had a much darker +. That is my advice, and you may do with it what you wish. The advice is the result of staring at test after test after test, month after month. Tests lie sometimes, and your brain lies sometimes because you want something so bad. And, remember, I've seen my own true + tests a total of 5 times in the last 14 years, so I should be able to tell when one is or isn't, but I obviously can't. Every month I convince myself that my trsts are + when they aren't. With my last child I had a neg urine test at the doc after having had faint bfp's at home, so I asked them for blood work while I was there, and on the way home I stopped at the local pharmacy who had only blue dyes, and I got a clear but faint BFP, and my urine was even more diluted than at the doc's. The blood work showed I was pregnant. I have a history of ectopic pregnancy, so getting checked early & often is important. I hope your tests are showing a BFP. Good luck!

10 years ago

Well if you go and look at the evap section in the gallery you can see how bad it can be. Even first response has given nasty pink evaps. I'm not saying it isn't positive. I'm saying you can't trust test results after the time limit. I hope it's your bfp. I'm just saying from personal experience it is possible to get a color evap after the time limit and I'm not the only one. Blue dye tests are the worst for evaps.

10 years ago

LADIES,
I really am not trying to get my hopes up although i am posting my progress. :D
It very well may be a BFN! lol
Not saying my mother is right and not saying YOUR right ATHENA. although there is NEVER any certainty.

i would trust a medical professional's opinion over my own or anyone else who is not trained in the field as anyone would.

Also in the EVAP section a lot of those are NOT CONFIRMED.

I am taking day by day i have had so many NEGATIVES for so ling. and i have done so much research and talked to DOC's and the same thing is said you never know til you hold out longer.

Phat, Thanks gurrll! :D i still have my every doubts its a faint positive because i have had 3 faints and 3 negs so far so its a draw! :D ill keep you ladies updated..

also Athena please remember a POSITIVE is NOT ruled out.. not all FAINTS are an EVAP. :D

10 years ago

As I said I didn't say your test specifically is negatives or an evap. I was just saying that you can get a false positive after the time limit.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo