Community post

Discussion

Anyone on or near 10 dpo? How are you feeling?

View Full Post

Just wanted to check in with others who are like me waiting to find out if they are pregnant this cycle.
How are you feeling?
Any symptoms that are standing out that have you hopeful or wondering?
When are you going to test?

I am ttc #1. I have regular 27 day cycles with a 15/16 day luteal phase. I check my cm, take vitamins and use opk's. Been trying for almost 5 years now.

This cylce I got ovulation spotting which has only happened to me 2 times in my life before this. Hoping it's a great fertility sign?

Ovulated on Feb 13th. Now I am 10 dpo.

Symptoms so far
0 day - 7 dpo Not much. Just the usual gassy, heartburn, bloated, nipples sore for a few days after O, Some weird dreams and moody.

8 dpo - 10 dpo (current ) Vivid dreams, hot and cold body temps, dry throat, thirstier, dry skin (but it is winter) rash or pimples breaking out on my chest ??? Stuffy nose for 3 days. Mild ovary cramping/twinges. Getting shooting pains in my breasts a few times a day/night which I have never gotten before. Less moody today then the past week thank GOD! All these could be progesterone as well.

Anyone want to add on so we can obsess, wait, hope, pray and test together?

User Image[/url][/url]

7993 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

6651 - 6660 of 7993 Replies | Last Page

Morning ladies. I am still in a funk and really trying to snap out of it. I just can't stop myself from reading all about IUI's and how usually the first one is not successful. I have never felt this sad or unahppy during this process. I don't mean to be the sad and emotional one on here, just need time to process it all.

On a better note, my team (Seahawks) won Best Team at the Espy's last night. That made my night :)

9 years ago

@LSchrader - Sending you a big hug. Take your time, even though there is still a light at the end of the tunnel, the prospects would still bum me out too. I really hope the IUI takes first time, will you try it a second time if it doesn't? I know if you're anything like us, the $$ for the first one isn't so bad, but the idea of it not working and having to come up with more $$ for a 2nd go round would a big source of anxiety. *sigh* Again, sending you a big hug and with a large side of empathy.

User Image

9 years ago

@skyline-thanks so much :) Yes it's just the idea of it not taking the first time. We will do it again if it doesn't take but like you said...it adds up really fast. We have the resources to do it, but it's still overwhelming to think about. I know if we needed to, my parents would loan us the money as well. I have heard that the third time has the highest success rate. Honestly, I don't know that I would go beyond three cycles. At that point I would be thinking of IVF. We shall see.

I am close to ovulating but I honestly don't know if it's even worth worrying about this cycle. It just doesn't seem like it will happen naturally :(

9 years ago

@LSchrader- You are completely entitled to feeling the way that you do. I'm so sorry that you and your husband have to go through this. I know you'll be a mother and I know you'll be a fantastic one at that. I pray that you get your BFP naturally, but if you don't, I know that an IUI will be successful. There just isn't a reason for it not to be. Please keep your chin up and know that we're here for you. Again, I'm so sorry. I really wish there was something I could do for you and @Miracle. :(

@Miracle- How are you? Check in when you can! I hope you're doing okay :(

AFM: Today our countertops are getting installed! I'm not sure if I've mentioned anything, but we (I say "we," but "we" didn't actually do any of the work...) tore the old kitchen out in our new house and have been kitchen-less for nearly three weeks! First it was waiting for the cabinets to come and be installed, then it was waiting for the granite to be put it...well, today's the day! The granite's going in, the plumber will be here later to set everything up and then we'll have a functioning kitchen for the first time in over a month! I'm very excited! I'll post pictures on FB when it's all done :)

While they were first sealing things, they used epoxy, and that smell took over the whole house! I had to hide in our master closet for a little while until the smell had time to air out (we opened the back and front door) a little more.

I have an exam tonight that I haven't really studied for...yikes. It's been so busy and crazy and I haven't really wanted to do much of anything. I have zero energy during the day despite sleeping 10-12 hours each night! It's ridiculous!

Also, I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but I'm switching OBs. The one I went to last week was just terrible. She answered a personal phone call right in the middle of us talking and I just can't wait 3+ hours each appointment. My next appointment with my new OB is July 31st.

Hope you ladies are doing well.

User Image

9 years ago

Football are you sure it was a personal call? My dr takes calls on her cell when people are in labor. 3 appts ago she got a call that someone was at a 9 and had to go immediately after. 2 appts ago I had to wait an hr because she was delivering a baby and they weren't sure how long it would be, but told me I could reschedule if I need to. I'm not saying you shouldn't change, but there could be a reason that it happened and it could be that way with any ob. Babies come when they are ready.

Lschrader I'm so sorry. I know you've said before you don't have any problems ovulating, but it could be worth a shot to give Clomid a shot. You typically ov early and your egg may not be mature enough to be fertilized. Just a thought. Iui's are definitely tricky, my friend from another forum had one in February, it was the 2 yr mark for when they started ttc. She had been pregnant 4 times but miscarried each time. She had genetic testing done and tested positive for both mthfr genetic mutations that cause miscarriages. She was very confident going into the iui and did get pregnant, but had yet another miscarriage. She did some research on her own and found out that the prenatal they put her on for the mutation wasn't enough for her to not miscarry so they have now changed her prenatal, but she isn't sure when she will do the next iui.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

9 years ago

Athena- she said "sorry, that was my friend" once she got off the phone. They had a five minute conversation about where to meet up for dinner that night while I was sitting right there waiting. She didn't even leave the room to talk. Pretty sure it wasn't about a baby being born.

While I was there waiting, I could see her sitting at a desk playing on her phone. Her office isn't at the hospital; it's not even close.

There are many other reasons why I'm switching...another (important) reason why is because I just didn't feel comfortable with her.

User Image

9 years ago

Oh ok well that is different. I'd probably want to change too. That isn't professional at all. I hope you like the next ob. Good luck.

9 years ago

@athena-Yes i do ovulate early but everything i have read said if you Ovulate on CD10 or after, you are fine. It's when you ovulate before CD9 is when you need to look into it. So I am not too sure. I have been ovulating around Cd11-CD15 the last year. I too have the MTHFR mutation, but a less serious strain of it. I only have one copy of the mutation, and my sisters have two. I have been to a nutritionist, regular doctor and my RE for it. I am on supplements for the mutation, as well as specific prenatals for it too. I have done a TON of research on it. My RE has also and does not believe there to be any strong link between miscarriages and the mutation. I know everyone has their opinions. I do not know where i stand. I do know that my mom had a compound version of the mutation, and suffered a lot of m/c before me. She feels very strongly that it was due to her mutation. My two sisters have six kids between them, and only one miscarried one time. Hers was a late term miscarriage which is usually uncommon for the mutation.

Sorry for all of that! Anywhoo, we will be going into our doctor on August 5th to go over all of our results and to see what needs to be done for an IUI. I basically want to do it all. I know i have no problems ovulating. I feel it every month, and I am actually feeling it now, so i know i will be in the next day or so. For someone who does ovulate normally, what does clomid do? I think i would be doing the trigger shot before my IUI so maybe that is similar?

9 years ago

@football-That is so exciting! I love new homes! Redoing our kitchen was SO MUCH FUN! I loved being able to make it my own! You will have to show us pictures soon!

Um yeah, i would be switching too!

9 years ago

Lschrader Clomid would just boost the egg to full maturation, if you weren't getting there. The only reason I suggested it was because a girl from another forum found out that hers weren't maturing. I think from my friends research it isn't the mutation causing the mc's it's causing implantation problems. It's hard for me to think there is no link when she's had 5 mc's. Have you had an ultrasound where they have looked at your eggs or an hsg to make sure your tubes are open? Just curious. A trigger will induce ovulation so your iui can be right on time so that's different than what Clomid would do.

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo