Community post

Discussion

Anyone on or near 10 dpo? How are you feeling?

View Full Post

Just wanted to check in with others who are like me waiting to find out if they are pregnant this cycle.
How are you feeling?
Any symptoms that are standing out that have you hopeful or wondering?
When are you going to test?

I am ttc #1. I have regular 27 day cycles with a 15/16 day luteal phase. I check my cm, take vitamins and use opk's. Been trying for almost 5 years now.

This cylce I got ovulation spotting which has only happened to me 2 times in my life before this. Hoping it's a great fertility sign?

Ovulated on Feb 13th. Now I am 10 dpo.

Symptoms so far
0 day - 7 dpo Not much. Just the usual gassy, heartburn, bloated, nipples sore for a few days after O, Some weird dreams and moody.

8 dpo - 10 dpo (current ) Vivid dreams, hot and cold body temps, dry throat, thirstier, dry skin (but it is winter) rash or pimples breaking out on my chest ??? Stuffy nose for 3 days. Mild ovary cramping/twinges. Getting shooting pains in my breasts a few times a day/night which I have never gotten before. Less moody today then the past week thank GOD! All these could be progesterone as well.

Anyone want to add on so we can obsess, wait, hope, pray and test together?

User Image[/url][/url]

7993 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

3741 - 3750 of 7993 Replies | Last Page

@miraclemama - Hope you come to peace about the decisions you have to make. Does it have anything to do with the possibility of moving? And thank you, she's coming to visit me (which is rare, I usually go to her because of the convenience factor, she has two kids and I'm a little more "free") I just felt the need for her to come and get a feel for my life as it is right now. The crazy thing about us is that we are complete opposites! Every personality test we come out as being the type that is the polar opposite of the other. It has to be the only way we can be friends, if one of us were slightly different it probably wouldn't work. lol

@rebecca - Glad your appointment went well and your reading is high, BD away! ;)

@LSchrader - Was it you who said our DHs would be mortified if they knew what all we said about them and such?? lol That cracked me up. What CD are you on?

@football - Thank you! :) About your feelings, it's perfectly understandable! Keep in mind that the rise of progesterone during the luteal phase can cause emotions to run high, which makes the TWW so difficult, you have the added emotions of hoping you are pregnant and having to wait (and in your case seeing someone else get a BFP first try). So basically, the phase in which we are least equipped to handle emotional stress is the exact period of time we have to handle the TWW and all that comes with it!

"There is about a 15-25% chance of becoming pregnant in each ovulatory cycle. Approximately 40% of couples who are starting out TTC will conceive during the first three months of trying, and about 70% of couples TTC will conceive during the first six months. Up to 85% of couples will conceive within the first year of TTC."

I don't think very many women go into trying to conceive thinking it will take long and I think there are a lot more couples consciously trying to conceive these days than in times past. So I think that results in a heightened awareness. There is this pervasive idea (probably brought about by sex ed and trying to keep teens from getting pregnant etc.) that if you have sex without protection anywhere near your fertile period you have a 99% chance of getting pregnant. And then that perception backfires a little on us gals when we DO want to get pregnant as it is only a 15-25% chance.

Anyway, all that to say, @athena is right, chin up. It's too early to fret, but also, like @LSchrader said, if by 6 months you haven't caught the bean, you might want to go ahead and take action to see if you or DH have something going on, instead of waiting a full year like most recommend. No need in wasting precious time!

I really hope this is your cycle and I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you!

@athena - Buh! You will be cute pregnant. The only person I have ever seen who didn't look cute was so thin, her belly LITERALLY looked like she had a basketball under her shirt. But it was kind of pointy and it just looked really strange. lol Tomorrow is Wednesday! Are your temps still up?

User Image

10 years ago

@skyline-Yes that was me! Our poor DHs!! I love all your advice. Now only if I could take the same advice during the TWW :) It's hard to practice what we preach, but it's oh so important!

Today i am CD8. I started having a mix of creamy EWCM yesterday. I also had some cramping on my right side. OPK was negative (thank goodness) and my temp this morning was 97.73. It has been a steady 97.70 this whole time. SO I am not too sure. DH leaves tomorrow for vegas and gets back on Saturday. I typically don't O until CD12-13, which puts me right when he gets back! Yikes, cutting it close! I got my soft cups. I was wondering If I should put one in tomorrow morning just in case.... I am also so lost with when to BD because of his lowwww count. We BD last night, should we not tonight, and BD tomorrow morning and put a SC in? They say with low counts, you should bd every day to get him "cleaned out" up until two days before you O, then switch to EOD.

10 years ago

@rebecca- Thank you! Good luck and have fun BD'ing ;)

@Skyline- Thank you, too. I'm sure if anyone can understand what it's like seeing others get pregnant so fast, it's you ladies. Thanks for being so supportive to this newbie :).

AF is scheduled to show up Thursday. I don't want to wait two more days! :/ I also keep stressing that she'll show up early...that's just my luck!

My boobs are becoming more sensitive, but they're sensitive in a weird way. Nipples feel sensitive, too. But the girls are hard, hard, hard (and heavy). I keep trying to tell myself "you're not actually feeling nauseous," but I'll occasionally feel dizzy and a tad sick (I actually threw up a little and swallowed it this morning....TMI, sorry). And last night, after I put the chicken in the oven to cook I about died of the smell. When I was trying to cube it up, it made me want to gag. Oh, and I cried for the very first time cutting an onion. What the heck is going on with me?!?!

I've been really busy the last few days, and now that things are slowing down I'm dying waiting until AF. I'm really trying to tell myself to relax, but it's easier said than done, huh?

One question for you ladies; in your experience, the day your EWCM dries up, is that the day you find you O? If not, when within the time frame do you? Thanks again for everyone's support. I've been a(n) {irrational} mess.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi everyone. Not much going on here. I'm with Football in that my breasts hurt so damn bad right now, it's painful. They are harder, heavier and more sorer than ever. I don't like it.

@Football ~ I hope the boob pain is because you're going to get a BFP. We shall see in a few days for you. As far as my experience goes my cm dries up within 24 hrs of O'ing. Without temping I have no idea really, it's all a guessing game. When I don't temp, I go off of cm drying up and nipple sensitivity. They usually go together on the same day right after or during O day.

@Lschrader ~ Don't you worry, if it's meant to be then it will be divine right timing for you and your DH this cycle. Stay positive.

@Skyline ~ I'm not going to ignore you but just evade the question for now if you don't mind.. :) I appreciate you asking me and caring. I just don't know what to do yet.. I will explain more later after I have figured it out for myself. I hope your friendship continues to blossom and deepen.

@Rebecca ~ I hope your busy bedding. get er done hon. lol! Bring on some BFP's in here.

@Athena ~ Well did your temps drop.. did you poas today? What's the verdict.. lol Hope you're doing well.

User Image[/url][/url]

10 years ago • Post starter

Um seriously....is it even possible to O today? I am only CD8. I have lots of EWCM and I was cramping on the right side yesterday. My temp went to 97.73 this morning (it has been a steady 97.70). This is AWFUL timing if I am getting ready to! DH leaves tomorrow after work for Vegas!! I am SOOOOO hoping my body hold soff until Saturday!

10 years ago

@LSchrader - It definitely is hard to practice what we preach. lol Ugh, It's definitely possible! Sperm can live for up to 5 days so I would say BD today and tomorrow morning and use that soft cup!

@football - These sound like some promising signs, but all you can do is wait. :( I was pretty much going to say what @miraclemama said about the EWCM. You might want to look into the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility, my friend says it has tons of great info in it, I've meant to get it myself, but I haven't gotten around to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Taking-Charge-Fertility-Anniversary-Edition/dp/0060881909/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383682998&sr=8-1&keywords=taking+charge+of+your+fertility

@miraclemama - Haha! Okay, I won't pry any further. :) I hope you get things figured out and come to peace! You think your 7DPO, right? those boobs aren't killing you for nothing!

User Image

10 years ago

Lschrader....i felt o pain on Thursday (cd7) and had more CM, and am just now getting a high reading. (Cd12) Everyone's different, but dont worry.

Crazy to feel so hopeful, but we did make time to BD. My dh said he would try to BD tomorrow too, then go back to EOD. What a sweetie.

User Image

10 years ago

@rebecca - Glad you're getting it in! Man, it seems like you were just in your TWW a few days ago! Some of you guys just seem to be O-ing all the time. lol I don't O until CD18-20 or thereabouts.

So... I'm really thinking I might want to use OPKs this cycle because I want to confirm that I am O-ing and when... advice? I have never used them, when do you start testing?

User Image

10 years ago

@Skyline- I have used OPKs for three cycles now (only TTC for two, though). The very first cycle, I started CD10 because I wasn't exactly sure when I O'd. I use them the same time every day, and when I notice they're getting darker that means (for me, at least) that I'm going to be getting the LH surge soon. When they're at the point where they're practically positive, I start to test every twelve hours. For me, it's usually about 12-24 hours from the time I get my first "is it positive?" result to "it's definitely positive."

I also take a picture with my phone right after I look at the test strip so that I have accurate documentation of the progression. I've found that sometimes my mind wants to believe it's positive, but when I actually get the true positive, it's obvious. I also like to know roughly how long I have the surge, so once I get the positive, I test 1-2 times a day until I get my negative.

Good luck with OPKs! I've been debating if I need to start temping, too! :)

User Image

10 years ago

Sorry ladies, my temp is still up so that's good.

Fxed for everybody.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo