Community post

Discussion

Anyone on or near 10 dpo? How are you feeling?

View Full Post

Just wanted to check in with others who are like me waiting to find out if they are pregnant this cycle.
How are you feeling?
Any symptoms that are standing out that have you hopeful or wondering?
When are you going to test?

I am ttc #1. I have regular 27 day cycles with a 15/16 day luteal phase. I check my cm, take vitamins and use opk's. Been trying for almost 5 years now.

This cylce I got ovulation spotting which has only happened to me 2 times in my life before this. Hoping it's a great fertility sign?

Ovulated on Feb 13th. Now I am 10 dpo.

Symptoms so far
0 day - 7 dpo Not much. Just the usual gassy, heartburn, bloated, nipples sore for a few days after O, Some weird dreams and moody.

8 dpo - 10 dpo (current ) Vivid dreams, hot and cold body temps, dry throat, thirstier, dry skin (but it is winter) rash or pimples breaking out on my chest ??? Stuffy nose for 3 days. Mild ovary cramping/twinges. Getting shooting pains in my breasts a few times a day/night which I have never gotten before. Less moody today then the past week thank GOD! All these could be progesterone as well.

Anyone want to add on so we can obsess, wait, hope, pray and test together?

User Image[/url][/url]

7993 Replies • 11 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

5451 - 5460 of 7993 Replies | Last Page

Football do you think he would try fertilaid? It can't hurt and if he did have a low count it would help. That way if it is him then you can help with it. Also I thought y'all were taking a break from ttc, did y'all start trying again?

I think I had my first bought of morning sickness at 9:30 at night lol. I'm so sad chocolate may be a no for while since that's what made me sick. My sinuses are clearing up but now I'm getting a cough.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

10 years ago

@Athena- He took it for two months, then was frustrated always having to remember to take them. He hates going to doctors and taking medicine. :( We were (and are) more of NTNP as much as possible. I started temping because I was beginning to worry I wasn't ovulating and I wanted to ease my worries that I was. I haven't been timing sex or anything, but still charting and keeping track of everything.

I hope you're able to keep chocolate in you without getting sick!! That's no fun, hope you're feeling better!

User Image

10 years ago

This is my first post, but I have been lurking this site since we first started trying! Just started trying after a major health scare that made us realize we want another little while I still can (due to health reasons.) This is my first cycle of tracking and I have been spotting symptoms like crazy, although I know it isnt likely to happen that quickly or for me to feel so much so early on... I am driving myself CRAZY waiting til AF is supposed to come on Valentines day! Took a test yesterday morning and was negative so trying to hold off as long as possible before taking another one! Hoping to make some friends on here, this is all new to me

" border="0" alt="User Image" class="signature_image" />

10 years ago

mamamimi - Hi and welcome! Symptom spotting can drive you nuts! I think we've all done it!

football - and dear. I can understand your feelings, but try not to get down. If your dh needs to do a SA, he can always collect the sample at home, and one of you can run it in to the lab. That's what my dh did, and it was much easier on him. Perhaps the dr would let him do that? And there may not be anything wrong, sometimes we can be perfectly healthy and time as best we can and it still takes awhile. Hang in there.

Athena - are you feeling better? Sorry chocolate kicked off your m/s. I can't even touch a cup of coffee right now, which really stinks. I enjoy a cup of regular in the AM and several cups of decaf in the afternoon, and I had to go cold turkey.

Skyline - can't wait to hear your news!

Introuble - I'm sorry your boss is being a jerk! But wow, only one more week at work! Has it flown by for you?

Lschrader - I told my dh that yesterday - I miss football! But it won't be long and NASCAR will be back on TV so that will be fun. To be honest I watch just about all sports, it's just tough when there's a gap in them being on TV.

Pisces - hon, I hope you feel better today.

Lolee - so sorry you're still struggling with your chest cold! I hate being sick while I'm pregnant. It makes my energy level that much lower. I hope you kick this thing soon.

miracle - FXd for you!

Makeup - how are you doing today?

Afm - we got more snow yesterday, and they think another storm will hit Thursday and maybe Saturday. It's been so cold this winter, nothing is melting. Or if it does it freezes right back up. I love the winter, but I'm looking forward to spring this year. I want to be able to walk outside more.

I think I'm feeling better, but still tire easily and have a hard time keeping up with all the work I normally do around the house. If I could just get rid of this head cold and cough, I think I'd feel 100%, but I guess it's going to hang around for awhile.

And when I get hungry, I get REALLY hungry. Thank goodness for bananas and apples! Lol!

User Image

10 years ago

Good Morning! I have been been wanting to lose 15 lbs and so this past week I thought i was doing good. I started eating more fruits, salads and vegetables. I cut out most sugar, just allowed myself a little bit of honey and/or bananas only to find out I have not lost a lb. :( So discouraging. Anyways I love food and I love to eat. I love my carbs and that will fatten you up quickly. I guess I am going to have to kick up my exercising.

I'm 10dpo today. I would be so happy if I got another bfp this cycle, but I have to be prepared for a negative as well. I guess I need to be hoping for my cycle to be my normal 28 -30 day cycle. My dr told me some woman it can take a while for your af to return. Everything that I have read about natural miscarriage especially so early on like I had, woman get their af right on time. We shall see what my body wants to do. I am fairly positive I ovulated 11 days ago and now I am dpo.

I hope everyone has a great Monday.

User Image[/url][/url]

10 years ago • Post starter

Yay! I finally have time to tell you guys all about the announcement Saturday! But first I have a lot of responses to get to...

@LSchrader - Yeah, I don't know how often I have had the bump, but it definitely didn't mean AF was on her way for me. I am so eager to see if this is your cycle. I really hope so! How many DPO will you be on V. Day? I know you don't like testing before AF is due, but have you considered testing on V. Day? I'm sorry, I may be planting devil seeds in your mind! Shame on me. Yay for snow! We are supposed to get some more "wintry mix" tonight and tomorrow. NO! I don't want stupid freezing rain and ice, I want SNOW.

@ladyycamper - So sorry the got you. :( I hope you catch the bean next cycle! I didn't realize this, but it can take a perfectly healthy couple 6 months to a year to conceive sometimes. Others luck up and get it first try, just know it can take a little while and to not let is stress you out.

@pisces - I am so sorry you might be having a chemical. All the technology we have these days has to help a lot with these types of situations, but it's still not the same as being with the one you love! I hope the time passes quickly for you until your first visit.

@football - I was very confused with my chart around this same point, you really have to wait a few more days to see the big picture. I hope it makes sense soon! Looking at the overlay chart, I say you should definitely get your answer within the next few days, hang in there! Looking back, I felt the most certain that I had missed it and that I either was not going to O or had and my temps were screwed up or SOMETHING right smack dab ON the day I actually O'ed. Very ironic. Try not to let your feelings get the better of you, they can totally be lying to you. (I know this is 100% speculation and cannot be known with the incomplete chart, but it looks like you may have O'ed on CD17 last cycle...)

@miracle - Hooray for Etsy orders! It sounds like a productive follow-up appointment, I hope everything works out and whatever bridges you have to cross in this journey, you are able to cross them beautifully when you get to them. I saw they are calling for more rain on the west coast, I hope you get some of that! I will keep my fingers crossed that BFP or not, your cycle is regular and not out of whack.

@rebecca - Aw! That is so cute about your daughter trying to feel for a baby. Isn't so strange how little children sometimes seem to pick up on these things out of the blue? I've heard lots of stories like that. I hope the time to tell them seems to come quickly, I know the pain of the wait! I really want one good snow, but I am also looking forward to spring. My daffodils are coming up and will be blooming soon, so I don't want a cold snap to come and kill them. It happens way too often!

@athena - I'm glad you found relief for your cold, has it gone away yet? Hope you don't have to deal with it much longer. My appointment is on the 13th and I really hope we get to hear the heartbeat this time. Getting to do the early U/S has to be really nice! I have discovered that non-complex carbs and sugar are the things that make me feel the worst went I eat them. I have not felt a very strong desire to eat either one, and when I do, I regret it. It would be awful to be craving the stuff that makes you feel bad!

@lolee - Hope your chest cold goes away and I am glad Eli has been well. I hope both appointments go well for you guys.

@introuble - That sounds really annoying! My boss is in his 70's and we just told him today, he is really happy for us. So that was nice. We are going to present a new working arrangement to him that we really hope he agrees to, we will just have to wait and see!

@mamamimi - Welcome! It would be so neat if we got three or four BFPs up in here on Valentine's Day! Fingers crossed for everyone who is waiting to find out this cycle!

I have run out of time and DH is ready to go to lunch, so I have to save my announcement story for when we get back from our lunch break. Ugh! lol

User Image

10 years ago

@Football-I am sorry about DH. When I was going through the testing and they told DH that he needed to do a SA also, he was super hesitant about it. At first, he said no. He just kept saying his swimmers are fine. I didn't push it, but I just told him that I was going through with my testing because I feel I need to. After a few days, he decided he would too. I asked if it was easiest if I handle all the scheduling at what not and he said yes. So I made it super easy for him. His first SA, he did at home. We rushed it to the office, and I ran it inside. Since his first results came back with really low counts, they wanted him to do it again. This time in their office. After our first appointment after all of our testing, DH was a mess. I don't think I realize how big of a hit it was to him. It's a super personal thing for men. He just felt so defeated and like he all of the sudden wasn't good enough. It was so hard and I felt so bad for him.

It is hard to explain, but your DH just might be really fearful of what getting tested means. I never expected my DH to react and be as hurt as he was. I honestly thought he would just brush it off and say, well there you have it. No, he was totally opposite. He just said that it is in their DNA to reproduce and to be told that you might not be able to, that's like the worse news a man could receive. As hard as it is to wait and to be patient with your guy, remember it is important. I would sit down with him and tell him how important it is to you and that you really feel it could be helpful. SA's are cheap compared to the women's testing and honestly, if one of you are going to have issues, it's better for him to. I hope this helps. The waiting does suck :(

@athena-Chocolate! No! haha, hopefully that goes away soon!!!

@mamamimi1208-Welcome to the group! Well you are still early if AF is due this Friday. AF is due on Saturday for me. IF i test, it will be closer to Wednesday or Thursday. A lot of things have to line up for that though! I usually spot a couple days before AF shows, so if that happens, there is no reason to test. Wouldn't a Vday BFP be awesome! GL to you!

@skyline-UGH you are killing me lady. i want to hear your announcement story! As far as testing goes...if I am not spotting by Thursday or Friday, I will test. I hate it, but i always spot a couple days leading up to AF, so I just know i am out. Yeah, all our snow is pretty much gone now! It started raining and it's melting. It was fun and pretty while it lasted though!

@rebecca-Yeah yesterday just was not the same! If the Mariner's didn't suck so bad, I would be excited for baseball to start up!

@miracle- I HATE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT! Mainly because I suck at it. I have always been little, and the last couple of years, I would gain 5 or so pounds here and there. Well those 5 pounds every year add up. I did a cleanse that really helped. One thing also that is helpful is just eating clean, cutting out as much dairy as possible and no salt. It's a pain, but it does help.

I sure hope this is your month! If AF just show, I hope she is on time!

I am sure I missed someone. I will have to read back!

AFM- Well here i am 12dpo today. All my spotting or whatever that was is gone. Watch...i will go the bathroom and it will be back :) I had a really lazy weekend which was great. One thing I noticed and have noticed the last couple of days is that my cervix is tilted. Is that weird or bad?

10 years ago

@LSchrader - I'm back, the wait is over. ;) I hear that a tilted cervix is pretty normal. My sister said that she had a tilted cervix with all of her pregnancies which made it hard for them to find the heartbeat until later in the pregnancy or something like that. Anyway, I really hope you get a Valentine's BFP!

AFM - So as you all know, I have been eagerly awaiting the birthday dinner for all the Jan/Feb birthdays with my DH's family this past Saturday because most everyone would be present and we planned to announce the pregnancy. Here is his family dynamic:

Mom & Dad
DH is the 1st Brother, he is the oldest
1st Sister 26 (SIL that lived with us for three years and recently moved back home for college)
2nd Brother 24 (Absent - lives in SC now)
2nd Sister 22 (her boyfriend was there too)
3rd Sister 21
4th Sister 19
5th Sister 17
3rd Brother 13
4th Brother 11

(DH and I have been married for 8 years in April and none of their other children have married or had babies yet.)

On the way to their house DH called his brother who lives in SC and told him the news. He was very happy for us and told us a secret of his own, he is going to ask his girlfriend to marry him this Thursday night!!! So that was really cool.

(Oh, and before I get on with the rest of it, I have to give you a bit of backstory on the mother's day gift all of us went in together to get his mom. In case anyone is not familiar with the Origami Owl living lockets, they are like little shadow-box lockets that you put little charms inside that have different meanings and such. We got her a large one with a plate in the back that says "blessed" and several charms such as her DH's birthstone, one that says "family", and "I love to cook" and "I love to read" charms, a little palm tree to stand for her family in SC and a cross to stand for her faith. So I just so happened to see my friend who sells Origami Owl on Saturday before going to their house and I got the bright idea to get her the "grandma" charm. I was so tickled how that worked out! So now to continue with the story...)

After we got to their house we mingled for a little bit and then everyone gathered in the livingroom to say the blessing. (I was SURE to instruct DH not to announce before the blessing because I knew his dad would go off on some long awkward tangent in his prayer about the baby if he did. )

So after the blessing DH spoke up and said we had something we wanted to tell them. His mom got a look very similar to this on her face and mouthed, "Are you going to have a baby!?!" to me and I just grinned and nodded "yes".

There was a great bit of exclaiming that burst forth, but I didn't really see any other reaction but my MIL's! She started squealing with excitement and jumping up and down in such a joyous oblivion that her locket bust open and all her charms went flying onto the floor!! So we had to take a pause in celebrating and were all on the floor hunting down each charm.

Thankfully, we found them all, and as she was knelt down at the end table putting them back in her locket I ran off to get that "grandma" charm thinking it was the perfect time to present it to her. So I came back in and said, "I just so happen to run into Kelly today and I just had to get you one more charm for your locket..." and I set it down on the table with the others. She bent close to read it and just covered her face with her hands and started to cry. She absolutely loved it! She is so, so excited about becoming a grandmother, I was so happy!

DH's youngest brother seemed pretty stoked about the concept of becoming an uncle, he told us we needed to eat plenty of rice and I was like... and one of the girls looked at me and explained, "Because of "Uncle Ben's Rice"." LOL! He is a goober.

My SIL (who lived with us) was like, "You didn't tell me!? I can't believe you didn't tell me!" and I assured her if she had still been living with us she would have found out right away, I just couldn't risk letting her in on the secret since she's back at the house and is the one the rest of the girls would come to and asked if they suspected I might be pregnant. She had been asked THREE times around Thanksgiving if I was pregnant and I knew she would have a hard time lying to them. She felt better after I reminded her of that. lol It was SO hard not telling her because we talk about everything now.

One of the girls admitted that they had noticed my belly and had just been about to ask her if she knew if I might be pregnant right as DH started making the announcement. Haha!

It was so great and it feels SO good to have told both our families now. I'm on Cloud 9.

I can't wait for everyone on this board to get their ! Announcing the news to family is one of the most joyous things!

User Image

10 years ago

@skyline-Oh that is interesting. It seems normal now, but the last few days it has been tilted. Guess I will keep an eye on it.

It sounds like telling the fam went perfectly!!! I have to admit, for some reason, I thought something bad had happened when you said something about your MIL's reaction a few posts back. i was getting nervous haha. I I am so happy everyone was thrilled for you!! I bet it feels amazing to have the news out!! Will you guys find out what you are having???

10 years ago

@Skyline- That sounds just fabulous! What a special experience. So happy that you and your husband were able to surprise your families and announce the good news! I heard another storm's planning on hitting Atlanta Tuesday/Wednesday..hope you guys stay warm and safe {again!}

About the SA for DH: I'm the one that always handles appointments and such anyway. I offered to be the one to run inside to get the cup, but at this point he won't do it. There's not much else I can do at this point because I don't want to overwhelm him anymore than necessary. He sounded really concerned when I told him testosterone therapy can stop sperm production.

Do you ladies mind taking a look at my chart {AGAIN, sorry}. I'm pretty positive that yesterday (CD15) was O day since today my CM is dry/sticky, a solid 48 hours after the first positive, and my cervix is low, hard, and closed now. I think my temp today would have been higher since I woke up a little earlier than normal because my dog woke me up three hours before normal time (so I got up and peed) and I went back to sleep and temped at the normal time (only three hours later; stupid, I know).

I'm just worried that today's spike wasn't a big one. I played with the numbers the next few days, and when it puts a coverline up, CD12-14 are above it. Is this normal? Does my chart look like I'm ovulating?

User Image

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo