Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

911 - 920 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Supersue, I get it. I live and work in a small town. The place I work I see alot of people I know.They all know I have a daughter, and I get quite a few comments a month asking when I am going to have another child, and that I better "hurry up" because Annika is getting close to 4! It drives me crazy to no end, as if I can just snap my fingers and that was it. I mean this has been a 6 year deal to have one daughter. I keep all this very private, so I usually just respond something like, yes we will eventually, or whenever it happens.... But inside it hurts pretty bad and makes me upset. Bunch of insensitive jerks!!
Okay enough ranting for me!
Working 10 hour day tomorrow, plus a trip to the gym, send me some energy please

User Image

11 years ago

stillfuntrying: Sorry about AF

Supersue: It sucks when people make comment like that. Even though you know they mean well it still hurts. This is one of the reasons I decided to be up front with everyone around us. it just makes it a little easier for me.

AFM: my cycle is all over the place again this month. BBT is going down like I'm close to O but ovacue is just saying I'm possibly furtile. Last month it gave me my 5 days leading to and through O but so far nothing. so anyways, I told my BIL I needed him to send the stuff this week and he was only able to ship it yesterday. I told him to aim as close to 5 as he could. well he shipped it off at 9:30am so I was stressing then he shipped it overnight to my house instead of having them hold it at the local fedex which stressed me out more. then they tell me it could be here as late as 4:30. So it arrives at 2 and I open it up and he hadnt put the TYB in with the swimmers so we paid all that money for a kit and for shipping and got nothing. They were all dead. I looked under the microscope and nothing. My poor hubby I was so irritated and crying. finally calmed down enough to explain it all to my BIL and luckily he said he can ship a second one tomorrow. which fingers crossed my ovacue gives me a fertile/high fertile day sat and it will all work out.

on another note I did put the semen in anyways in case there was one or two lucky guys swimming around and used a softcup for the first time. I will say I had no problem getting it in which was great but getting it out was a whole nother ball game lol! I tried for about 15 min then finally had to have the hubby get it out of me while I was in doggie position lol! Talk about hilarious. my dh doesnt get grossed out very often but this def. did it for him lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Oh crap Mel that sounds like a real ordeal!! Finally home!! My poor dog is all busted up from the pigs again but there is nothing i can do they are healing fine! AF is over and im on my 4th day of soy and i am also taking evening primrose for my CM...see how it goes anyhow! Not much else to report on! Talk soon

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

LOL! The things are poor partners put up with!!!! Whenever I try to explain stuff to my DH about ttc (like CM, mature eggs and the softcup) he just stares at me like I am an alien sometimes. He then says..."how about you just tell me what to do and when to do it, Ok?"

User Image

11 years ago

HaHa, I tell my DH a little bit but he doesnt really take it in, He is now figuring out that we need to BD around O day so telling him anymore would just be pointless! My last day of soy today, i have heard some conflicting things about it but i will do this cycle and miss the next one to give my poor ovaries a break! It will be interesting to see how the evening primrose goes with my CM.
It was sssssooooooo go to sleep in my own bed last night! I slept like a baby, i hate that you never get a decent blanket for your bed over here in the hotels! I have a duck down doner and love it!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

I found this in someones journal and thourght you would all appreciate it,

There are women that become mothers without effort, without thought, without patience or loss and though they are good mothers and love their children, I know that I will be better.

I will be better not because of genetics, or money or that I have read more books,

but because I have struggled and toiled for this child.

I have longed and waited. I have cried and prayed.

I have endured and planned over and over again.

Like most things in life, the people who truly have appreciation are those who have struggled to attain their dreams.

I will notice everything about my child.

I will take time to watch my child sleep, explore and discover. I will marvel at this miracle every day for the rest of my life.

I will be happy when I wake in the middle of the night to the sound of my child, knowing that I can comfort, hold and feed him and that I am not waking to take another temperature, pop another pill, take another shot or cry tears of a broken dream. My dream will be crying for me.

I count myself lucky in this sense; that God has given me this insight, this special vision with which I will look upon my child that my friends will not see.

Whether I parent a child I actually give birth to or a child that God leads me to, I will not be careless with my love.

I will be a better mother for all that I have endured. I am a better wife, a better aunt, a better daughter, neighbor, friend and sister because I have known pain.

I know disillusionment as I have been betrayed by my own body, I have been tried by fire and hell many never face, yet given time, I stood tall.

I have prevailed.

I have succeeded.

I have won.

So now, when others hurt around me, I do not run from their pain in order to save myself discomfort. I see it, mourn it, and join them in theirs.

I listen.

And even though I cannot make it better, I can make it less lonely. I have learned the immerse power of another hand holding tight to mine, of other eyes that moisten as they learn to accept the harsh truth and when life is beyond hard. I have learned a compassion that only comes with walking in those shoes.

I have learned to appreciate life.

Yes I will be a wonderful mother.

11 years ago

That was nice Stillfun.
Supersue, what an ordeal, and what a great BIL, good luck with that I hope you catch some swimmers!!
Good night all

User Image

11 years ago

Ok girls quick question. So my BIL ended up not being able to ship me the stuff today. He said he could ship it Monday but here's the thing my ovacue is saying my highest fertile day is Monday the stuff wouldn't get here until Tuesday and my ovacue says I should still have a high fertile day Tuesday do you think I should have him go ahead and send it or count this cycle out? It's def going to be close.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

If it were me i would!! Anything is worth a shot!! it wont be a month missed then!

11 years ago

Thanks stillfuntrying! I think I'm going to. I guess if it doesnt work at least ill feel better we tried and if it does work that will be a boy for us! Lol!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo