Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

811 - 820 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Well i am right thewith you girls on the stupid tests!! BOOBS are hurting like crazy (well one is ) LOL but the tests are the same faint line so its def the tests! My temp is still up but consistant with a drop for tommorow and then AF! So i am excited to start the tamoxifen next cycle and see where it gets me!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntrying: I'm hoping that your temp doesn't drop!!!

Anastasia: GL! Im sure everything will be perfect!!!

AFM: I talked to someone on the ovacue site and I guess since my average cycle length is 34 days the monitor wasn't looking for any patterns yet so that's why it wasn't saying I was fertile. They said judging by my chart I ovulated yesterday. At freaking CD9!!! Which also means I had a late LH surge since I just got my positive this morning. I wonder if this has been a lot of the problem the whole time? Maybe this whole time I have been getting late surges and doing my insems way after O! Ugh! Well they said to keep monitoring to make sure so we shall see. It will be interesting to see if my opk pops up after O again next cycle.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Im not too sure about that Mel, you do have a dip but i think CD9 is really early for someone who has normal cycles, i think you should just keep temping and using the OPKs, i get a surge sometimes a few days before O and then get a real one when i O thats why you see some girls with days of positive opks then a really dark one heaps darker than the control, it could be super sensitive opks too! i have had a smiley for 3 days with the digis and the last day being my real surge as confirmed by BBT, that what is so good about BBT is you actually know if you O predicting tools are working! I hopw you O on the right time and get an insem in! but maybe you need this cycle to work it all out and then give it a real go next cycle!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Mel, I agree with stillfuntryin. Is it even possible to get your LH surge AFTER you O? I thought it was the surge of LH that caused O, so unless you tested really early in the am yesterday and your O happened overnight, I can't see how that could happen. My temps are all over the place during my follicular phase, but the O dip should be pretty noticeable, and you'll see your temp go and stay UP right away after too.

Anastasia, good luck at your next appointment! Be sure to tell us how it goes! I think I'd feel the same way about the heartbeat. If you don't hear it though, don't let yourself worry!

User Image

11 years ago

Well, We BD again last night and I used my preseed and my little softcup.....and I HAD to check for spermies again with my microscope (I have patience issues too!) and guess what???? I found some!!!! Not a whole lot, but I found SOME swimming around in there. It was after about 30 mins laying with my butt propped up, so hopefully most others went inside. But at least I know he is producing sperm I didn't say anything to him cause I still want to do the semen only sample (hopefully tonight) and he might chicken out if he knew

User Image

11 years ago

Hoping: yeah!!! That is fantastic news!!!!! Congrats!!!! I hope this month you get your bfp!!!

Stillfuntrying and northernbabydream: thanks girls for your help and advice!!!!

AFM: so my v readings on my ovacue dropped again today so I didn't O it's strange that I got the positive opk but I'm just happy to see that I still have a chance this cycle to make things happen. I am expecting O next week so fingers crossed my ovacue gives me plenty of heads up to when I will be Ovulating so me and my brother in law can work it all out! I can't wait! Lol! Sometimes I think the pre O is just as bad as the tww lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

i'll bet it is for u,Mel since you only get one chance a month! Hope its not too late and next week is real O.....

User Image

11 years ago

Hoping, I'm so glad you saw some swimmers! That's great news! I still think you should get a SA done (same for you, Supersue!) so you know for sure what the motility and morphology are like. My hubby has lots and lots of swimmers (more than the average) but really bad motility and morphology. You can probably get an idea of these though if you can see their shape and follow them as they swim under the microscope?

Where are you at now in your cycle, Hoping? Is it O time? If so, good luck!

Mel, I can imagine that the lead-up to O is just as bad as the TWW for you. I have my FX for you that you get lots of warning with the ovacue - it should, at least according to their literature that I've read. I would love to see you get a BFP soon!

Stillfuntryin, how are you doing today?

User Image

11 years ago

Im good girls!! the witch should be here today... UGGHHH i wish we could just get a memo every month to say "Yep your not preggo try again next time" instead of AF!

Hoping- are you doing a at home test? If you are then you need to leave it a couple of days after his last ejaculation so the sperm can buils especially if he has a low count, 5 days id probably best, i think when you get a real SA they say anywhere between 4 and 10 days of complete abstinance, and they also say that he will produce more if you get the sample if you bd and then he pulls out instead of masturbation, dont use sperm that has been inside the vagina, for one they leave the semen really quick and you will be left with just semen and no sperm and the vagina is acidic so it will also harm the sample! when we did ours i even wiped him clean before he produced the sample (sorry TMI) so i knew there would be no contamination!

Doesnt this TTC stuff just strip you of all dignity, sometimes is baffles me LOL, I was trying to talk DH into doing the Tamoxifen cycle at the clinic but he really doesnt want to spend the cash, but i wonder if it will work without a trigger shot????

Temp is down again... sorry about those crappy IC northernbaby there are alot of them getting around i have had my fair share!!

Mel - Thats great news that you didnt O!! I didnt think you did, so much for your pos OPK but as i said the real positive will be a super dark one!! And i cant beleive somone told you that you have Od before a pos OPK, really... some people just say stuff for no reason! Im sure it caused you more greif than what it was worth!!

Sue- isnt hubbt getting checked in april? 2 more cycles!!!

11 years ago

Northern: on CD 11 today, and have EWCM. No temp jump yet and OPKs getting darker, but not positive yet. I tried Soy this cycle and take robitussin these few days and using preseed with a softcup. Would LOVE for something to finally happen and get a BFP!

I was thinking of doing a home test too, but this weekend isn't a good time since I am supposed to O on sunday or so and I don't want to have to wait 3 or 4 days to do the count. Planning to BD on saturday, (which puts us at every other day) We are leaving for Europe for 10 days on Wednesday, so I might take one with me and do it there since I will be past O. I don't really want to ask again yet for him to do it...I think he just feels like a sperm factory this week .
TTC becomes like a science experiment doesn't it?

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo