Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

2231 - 2240 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Well, kinda disappointed. Only 1 follie and its 29.7. Not very encouraged for my last cycle :( lining was 11mm tho so its prob not a cyst.

User Image

9 years ago

Lots going on!!!!
Congratulations Northern!!!!!!!
Stillfun, that is scary for sure, how are things now? I am guessing you need to rest more? Take care of yourself, I know it can be hard to slow down, but you need to listen to your body.
Hoping with that follie test and the results are you going to go ahead this cycle?
Mel how are you?

AFM: I know not TTC related but I am thinking more and more I am done having kids. I got an IUD in as soon as I could. I am thinking that we will do something permanent in a couple years. Though you never know we may change our minds down the road!!

User Image

9 years ago

Northern: YEAH!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! I wouldn't be able to wait to tell hubby but I understand you not wanting to tell him on the phone either. Don't stress. Don't think negative thoughts enjoy your bfp and know that your little one is snuggling in. I'm sorry I wasn't able to hop on yesterday to congratulate you. My sister is in town this week and I was just very busy with her and her little one yesterday. When do you get your second beta?!!

Anastasia: I'm doing great thank you! I've just been adding to my maternity clothes and getting fatter each day :) lol! I think its a great idea to not do anything permanent just yet. You just never know what might happen the future. :)

stillfun: So sorry you had to go back to the doctor but happy that they confirmed your little one is doing well. No more working hard for you!! leave it all to hubby! :)

hoping: We are all here for you! Your next! Sometimes the cycles that seem like the least likely to work are the ones that end up taking. don't give up hope. That follie might just have the best egg yet! :)

AFM: Sister is in town for the week. here little one is 10 months old and boy is he a handful lol! Just wants you to hold his hands and walk him all over all day. Luckily my hubby took to him right away. He didn't complain about baby food/slobber on his clothes and danced with him. it was just so cute to see the fatherly side of my hubby and I can tell he is just going to be so amazing! For fathers day I got a little firefighter outfit for peanut so he can be just like daddy and I got my hubby a giftcard for a massage since his backs been bothering him a bit. I have my next prenatal appt. on Wed. and to top it all off I am officially done working for the summer!!! I am so excited lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

9 years ago

I was more concerned about it being a cyst. But I went ahead and triggered so I can go in the morning for the insemination. (23 hrs later)..Doc didn't see anything on right side but I feel tender on that side too. Who knows. I just don't feel confident AT ALL this time He didn't say anything about cysts and my lining is great he said.

User Image

9 years ago

Seen my OB he thinks everything is ok, have to take it more easy, no low placenta! Bubs was sucking his thumb :) very cute! On our way home.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

9 years ago

So, did you find out for sure if its a boy??

User Image

9 years ago

Not 100% will have another look at my scan next Friday, that's my big morphology scan then, o will be 19+4, I'm 18 weeks today.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

9 years ago

time flies! you're almost halfway there!!!!!

Really, really hoping this ginormous follie is a real egg

User Image

9 years ago

Stillfun, I'm so glad that everything is ok - what a relief. Now you have to take it easy!

Thanks Mel! And yay for being done work! I'm glad you're doing so well, and getting a good dose of baby busyness! Sound like your hubby is going to be a great daddy.

Thanks, Anastasia! Not sure when it's going to feel real! Good idea to start out with the IUD in case you change your mind. I had a terrible time when I tried to use one. It kept popping back out, and finally my doctor couldn't even get it to go in and she gave up and said it just wasn't going to work for me! Not sure if she was inexperienced or if there was something weird with me.

Hoping, you never know - if the doc wanted you to go ahead with this cycle, then he must think you have a good chance. I'm so sorry you have the extra stress of this being the last attempt. But maybe you can do some more ICIs on your own?

AFM, I'm trying to just enjoy and not worry but I took my temp this morning and it was a bit lower than it has been all luteal phase. Could have been just the way I was sleeping or something but it has made me feel uneasy. I did another hpt with fmu and it was a bit stronger than the first one I did, but not as dark as I thought it would be. I call the clinic tomorrow to arrange my next beta. I had to wait all weekend because my coordinator was off. Still no spotting and my breasts are getting more sore.

How many ultrasounds are normal? It seems like a lot to me.

User Image

9 years ago

Just did IUI with 29 mil motile sperm. The nurse said it was definately not a cyst since they develop from leftover follicles and I showed none at baselline. So hopefully this giant juicy follicle makes a giant juicy target for sperm!

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo