Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1471 - 1480 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Anastasia, 16 weeks! Good luck at your appointment - I'm sure everything will be fine. Sorry to hear you're still not feeling that great - so much for it getting better in the 2nd trimester, hey? Let us know how the appointment goes!

Stillfun, so sad about your piggie - I can just imagine you trying to get Ken to look after it!

Mel, sorry I have no ideas on your chart. Hope you feel better soon! I had the same thing happen to me a couple months back - turned over wrong in my sleep.

AFM, still nothing new. Getting sore boobs and CM getting watery so I think that AF is on her way - due Sunday, the same day that we also set sail for California. Lovely. I may test in a couple days but I'm 99% sure that it will be a BFN.

User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun poor piggy :(
Hope your chart sorts itself out Mel, and that you feel better maybe you pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve?
Northen saling to Cali?? Sounds amazing :)

AFM: Doc apt went great, had a full physical all is well. Heard heartbeat, best sound ever!!!
Ultrasound comes next around 18-20 weeks. Gotta go get DD ready for first day of preschool, ttyl

User Image

10 years ago

YAY for a great apt Anastasia! You will be giving birth before you know it :)

I know how you are feeling Northern! People always say "your not out til AF" But you can always tell when your body is gearing up for AF, on the up side IUI is getting close :)

Mel I will go to your OvaCue page.

AFM- No O yet, stupid OvaCue, I knew not to believe it! CBFM is still on High readings, waiting for peak to BD but.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Mel - I looked at your chart and im not sure what they usually look like after your O but they never really went up much, If you didn't have the spike on the day after you Od it wouldn't really look like much, but on the other hand the readings only have to be very minimal, I low temp could def be a fluke, I wouldn't worry too much about it! I hate the OvaCue it was the biggest waist of money, I think if the CBFM continues like this I will swap to BBT and CBFM as its way easier and more predictable. Maybe stop soing you V readings as it will only stress you out! Easy to say I know but I think they are a waist of time and money!

I just went back and check out the reading number and that's incredibly low, I haven't seen a number that low! Must be a bad reading.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Aw, that's great you heard the heartbeat and all is well Anastasia!! Yes, we're helping our friend take his sailboat from Vic down to either San Francisco or San Diego (depends how far we get). I'm a bit nervous as this is our first true offshore trip - we'll be 100 miles offshore for up to 2 weeks. I'm so hoping that we get good weather!!

Stillfun, yeah, I just know AF is coming this time - it's my typical symptoms and god knows I watch them carefully enough to know! Yeah, we're getting closer to the IUI. I'm starting to panic a bit that they aren't going to be able to fit me in for it in October because my appt isn't until Oct 3rd and I'd have to start on meds something like the following week. I think I'm going to call them just to give them a heads-up that it is my plan to get started in October. I was mapping out different options for due dates and our trips etc, and I really REALLY want October to work as the timing would work out perfectly and we'd have a summer baby (which I also want). I know there's a huge likelihood of it not working the first time but I can still hope and dream!

User Image

10 years ago

As you know I live in Outback Australia, Feral animals are a big pest out here and twice a year we do poison baiting. Its cruel but very effective, its run by our local government! To kill a feral pig or dingo they only need a slight little bit, even if they pick it up and spit it out it will still kill them, I hate poison baiting and have nothing to do with it but it must be done, now back to the reason why I am sad, At about 3am this morning we wake up to this horrible yelping and barking from our little dog Diva, as soon as we opened the door she came bolting inside, we thought a snake must have bitten her until I followed her and she wouldn't come out of the corner of the room from behind the couch, I finally got close to her and she bit me, we ended up sticking her in the shower with the cold tap on to help but things only got worse from there, she was pooing and yelping and bitting anything that came near her mouth, I went and got Kens dad who has seen poisoned dogs before and asked of she was too far gone, by the time I got back she was frothing at the mouth and was in so much pain, by then she was incoherent and wasn't Diva, she was just trying to deal with the excruciating pain of the internal bleeding she was going through, I wasn't going to leave her another second to be in this sort of pain, we got the gun and had to shoot her, my heart is sssooo broken, this is the second dog I have buried in 6 months! I know that some people wont understand and tell me that poisoning feral animals is wrong and cruel, I know! But its something we have to do, We still don't understand how Diva got near the bait, if the bait touches water it doesn't work so every car and clothes and anything that was involved in baiting is washed and put away, Diva didn't even leave the house yard, another animal maybe a bird or something must have bought it in, even if a bird had bait on its foot landed and she licked where it was she would be poisoned! It really sucks! I have been crying since 3am!

RIP my baby Diva

And to top it off om Oing today.....

10 years ago

As you know I live in Outback Australia, Feral animals are a big pest out here and twice a year we do poison baiting. Its cruel but very effective, its run by our local government! To kill a feral pig or dingo they only need a slight little bit, even if they pick it up and spit it out it will still kill them, I hate poison baiting and have nothing to do with it but it must be done, now back to the reason why I am sad, At about 3am this morning we wake up to this horrible yelping and barking from our little dog Diva, as soon as we opened the door she came bolting inside, we thought a snake must have bitten her until I followed her and she wouldn't come out of the corner of the room from behind the couch, I finally got close to her and she bit me, we ended up sticking her in the shower with the cold tap on to help but things only got worse from there, she was pooing and yelping and bitting anything that came near her mouth, I went and got Kens dad who has seen poisoned dogs before and asked of she was too far gone, by the time I got back she was frothing at the mouth and was in so much pain, by then she was incoherent and wasn't Diva, she was just trying to deal with the excruciating pain of the internal bleeding she was going through, I wasn't going to leave her another second to be in this sort of pain, we got the gun and had to shoot her, my heart is sssooo broken, this is the second dog I have buried in 6 months! I know that some people wont understand and tell me that poisoning feral animals is wrong and cruel, I know! But its something we have to do, We still don't understand how Diva got near the bait, if the bait touches water it doesn't work so every car and clothes and anything that was involved in baiting is washed and put away, Diva didn't even leave the house yard, another animal maybe a bird or something must have bought it in, even if a bird had bait on its foot landed and she licked where it was she would be poisoned! It really sucks! I have been crying since 3am!

RIP my baby Diva

And to top it off om Oing today.....

10 years ago

Stillfun: I am SO SO SO sorry about your furbaby. How horrible that must have been for both you and your DH. :( I know that you are a good person and you do what you feel you need to do and that you LOVED Diva and never would've hurt her. Its not anyones place to judge you for doing what you need to do to protect yourself or your land. Its not normal here but I'm sure we do things here that you would find "not normal" as well. At least your furbaby is no longer in pain I would've done the same in your position. I hope you get your bfp this month you deserve it so much and what a great distraction it would be for you. Try and keep yourself busy. I will be thinking about you. If you need someone to talk to I'm always ready to lend an ear.

northern: I too would LOVE a summer baby!!! They usually are the happiest children. ;) Good luck!

Anastasia: YEAH! I'm so happy your appt went so well!!! Awe it must have been so bittersweet sending your baby off to preschool. :)

AFM: So my ovacue ended up giving me such a low reading last night that it kept saying error. after three tries it went to 1, I thought that's not possible so I waited and tried again after a couple more errors I got a 20. So I jumped on the site panicked that my progesterone must just be crazy low. they had me run a test on it and they are sending me out a replacement and taking my current one back. So I guess the test didn't go well. I'm hoping it is the sensors and not me. I started taking 200 mg of progesterone last night anyway just in case. Since I'd hate to not implant because of it. I only have enough left over for 5 days so hopefully it will help enough to get things going on their own. Also I went to urgent care yesterday for my neck. it was in so much pain and my head has been stuck in a tilted position. Turns out I have something called torticollis. Its due to having the air and fan on at night and not keeping my neck covered. (who ever heard of such a thing lol) he gave me meds and even in the hundred degree whether I'm supposed to keep a heating pad on my neck and if I leave home I'm supposed to wear a shirt with a collar or turtleneck. UGH! lol! I will probably start testing on Sat.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Oh Liz, I just saw your post. I am so devastated for you. That's awful. Poor Diva. You didn't do anything wrong - it's part of the hazards of living out there. I know that invasive species need to be dealt with and you have a bunch of them in Australia. That's just awful though that this had to happen to you and little Diva. Gah, it's too bad that the shooting isn't enough to deal with the population. I don't even know what to say - I couldn't imagine having to go through that. At least you were there and able to put her out of her pain.

Mel, I've never heard of that problem with your neck - that is so weird!! Hopefully it gets better now and you don't have to use heat too much (ugh!).

User Image

10 years ago

Well the apt didnt really go as planned, He is doing nothing to help Kens sex drive and completely skipped IUI and offered my IVF!!! What the hell do I need IVF for? He said out of pocket at the end of the day is not much different and I have a 40% success! I don't think I want to do IVF I have been preg at least twice! Anyway I thought I would update

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo