Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

611 - 620 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

I dont think so mel i did think that maybe it could have been it as i didnt want to belive it but i just did another 4hrs later and no change :( i posted it but you cant see much, DH thinks i shouldnt be sad and just move on! Typical men and there fricken emotions, anyway i am now positive that i am not preg anymore and i will just wait for AF she is 2 days late i hope she come soon by the pics it doesnt look like there is much HCG left so hopefully it will be all over and on too a new cycle.... BBBBOOOOOO stupid body

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Sorry to hear that stillfuntryin....it can be so hard when you get your hopes up. It really sucks when you feel preggo too :(
I am not testing for a while now for that specific reason :( I hope you and your DH are okay, mine is pretty quiet about the whole thing, he talks as much as he can when I prod him along!

User Image

11 years ago

I have a question about semen analysis, my DH is supposed to test this Thursday at 10:30, it has been over 10 days since we have done anything.... If I help him along tonight would that be too short a window for a test, I've read that 48 hours at least, but not more than 10 days. It's gonna be cutting it close, but I figure a little under 48 is better than over 10 days. Thoughts??

User Image

11 years ago

Anastasia - I've read that it should be between 3-5 days since he last ejaculated. That way there is enough fresh sperm. But I think that since your dh's issue is NO sperm, as opposed to decreased motility (which is what is effected by the sperms freshness), I wouldn't have him do anything tonight, with or without you.

AFM..... so, there's this guy at work. Long story short - we share the same birthday, we have fairly similar personalities, and we're really on the same wavelength. When I walked into the office he was in this afternoon - he looked at me and did a double take. He goes, "you're glowing!!!?" O_o I have NO IDEA where that came from!!!

I don't feel pregnant, and I took an hpt last night and it was still neg (10dpo and diluted urine, but still...) I didn't take one this morning because my fiance and I have been fighting (really a recurring theme around here lately, huh??? Lol) But now I really want to POAS! Lol.

User Image

11 years ago

Supersue: lol! It must be male pms going around! I'm so excited for you to test. They say 12 days is a great test day so it's probably best u skipped today. Im so excited someone told you you were glowing! That's got to be a sign!!! Make sure you post pics of your test!!!

Anastasia: supersize is right I was told 3-5 days.

Stillfuntrying: did you test again? I could def still see a line in your last test you posted could it be that it just requires more hormone then the cheapies? I hope your doing well!!

Afm: not so positive today! My face is breaking out and I'm having my typical AF sweet cravings. Making brownies as I write this lol! Hopefully it still works out but I'm ok either way since now we have everything set up for next cycle anyways. Someone on here def needs a bfp though! :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Anastasia, I can't remember what the advice that we got was when my hubby did his SA...I think it was along the lines of between 4 and 10 days? Or maybe it was between 2-4 days? I can't remember - sorry I'm not much help - I'd go with the others' recommendations.

Supersue - that is definitely a good sign! And more pleasant than nausea, cramps or raging hormones! I'll be looking forward to your results tomorrow.

Sorry you're not feeling positive today Mel - but at least you are good to go for next cycle. Don't rule this one out though!

Stillfuntryin, you've got us to commiserate with at least!

AFM, spotting seems to be getting heavier so I'm pretty sure at this point that it's AF on her way - I can't really deny it much longer, lol. I so wanted this time to be the one - we've never BDed so much at the right time as we did last cycle. If we didn't nail it that time, I can't imagine ever getting it. Maybe it was too much, or maybe hubby's swimmers have declined even more. I've got him back on the vitamins, starting yesterday. I hadn't bothered for the last month since I felt so confident.

User Image

11 years ago

Well still no AF and my temp spiked again today even higher than last time, but im sure it is over its just taking my body a while to catch up, All my symptoms are still strong i even got some nausea this morning, I read up on the frequent bowel movement thing cause i have had it both times and thourght it was weird but it common with girls with a retro uterus because of the pressure of your uterus growing onto it... Anyway i havent tested agin i dont want to see another faint line... ALL I WANTED WAS A DARK ONE but dont we all... AF is officially 4 days late, how long did it take for you Mel when you had your chemical?

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntrying: if your temp is staying up that is a great sign!!! It took 6 days for Af to show up with my chemical. I say give it to the end of the week if no AF then def test again!!!

Northernbabydream: I'm so sorry your feeling like your out. I think that IUIs might be a good next step for you and your dh. It will put the little guys right where you need them and give u a better chance of success. I know they can get pricey but to do one or two every other month might not be bad! Fingers crossed you still get your bfp this cycle!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Northern - sorry that you feel like you're out, I'm right there with ya.

HPT is still stark white, and I had been thinking about it.... I ovulated 1-2 days early, so I bet AF will be here Friday, not Sunday. Which makes more sense about the spotting I was having... I bet that's what it was. AND - about an hour ago I got a text telling me a friend of mine just POAS and is pregnant, again, by accident. Sigh. Just so unfair...

User Image

11 years ago

Supersue, that sucks that you got a negative HPT too. Maybe try again on Friday if AF doesn't come?

AFM, I'm so confused. AF is due tomorrow, so I tested this morning when I woke up (at 5 am) and went back to bed. I looked at it when I got up at 7 and I could see a faint line. But I still have the spotting, and it was even heavier this morning, and my temp was down this morning too (but I didn't take my progesterone last night either). I don't have any cramping though and my boobs are still big and only slightly sore.

I'm going to try to upload a photo of this test - I've never done this before but I'd really like some opinions.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo