Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1721 - 1730 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Hi guys!
Yes Mel keep us updated on your chat,I am sure it will go great and that is one step closer!!

Sorry about your first puppy you chose stillfun, that is terrible, losing pets is always hard even if you hadn't met him/her yet. When have you decided to get the next round? Sorry if you said that and I missed that, I have been rather scatter brained lately.

Hoping so sorry to hear about the facebook bragger, I know I hated to see others posting all the time about their oopsie baby or bragging about how easily they got knocked up. I would just block them, I know I have done that! Glad to hear your test went well though.

Northern feeling any better??

Wishing chime in any time even not baby related!

AFM: yes my last day is coming up soon, I am so freakin excited to not be going to work anymore. I am still planning on my last day being a week before due date but we will see how things go. Feeling pretty good, my belly has been feeling pretty darn heavy and sometimes it feels like my muscles are ripping apart, but other than that all is well. Baby is head down and starting weekly apts now with internals each time, cervix is looking good no change there so.... baby might be on time or there abouts. Still have not 100% decided on names yet, I am guessing we will see baby and know one of our names will work. Although I still like my names I have picked out. Bringing the dresser home that I refinished for the baby tonight and new hardware is on the way in the mail so should be able to finally set up our room for LO to come. I wont feel really ready until I have diapers and some clothes in the dresser! Talk to you ladies soon xoxox

User Image

10 years ago

Oh so excited for you Anastasia! Everything sounds like it's going well...except for the feeling of muscles ripping - ouch! Would love to see the dresser when it's all ready too, if you post it on FB.

Mel, let us know how the appointment goes!

AFM, I'm feeling a bit better after my acupuncture yesterday. It's crazy how good my body feels after a treatment. I'm around 8DPO now and my acupuncturist thinks that my symptoms are partly from coming off all the drugs from last cycle, and partly my usual PMS symptoms that she's working on. Anyhow, I'm just trying not to bite hubby's head off and keep relaxed and rested. I'm so glad to not have the pressure of feeling that this cycle has to be THE ONE! I'm giving it 3 months before I start stressing out about it not working. So, hopefully I won't become my usual totally insane person during the last week of the TWW.

User Image

10 years ago

anastasia: The muscle tearing thing sounds really painful YIKES! not looking forward to that part lol! I'm also not looking forward to coming up with names. Every name I mention to my DH he either looks at me like I'm crazy or doesn't say anything at all. lol! I've become obsessed with names lately. My dh likes plain names and I would go celeb. style with my kids names if he let me (Merica for my girl and Captain for my boy, my brother loves it too and agrees with me lol) but Eric won't even let me use them for middle names :( lol! Anyways I'm in love with Kensington and Everett right now and I think maybe I might be able to win those ones over. :)

northern: glad your feeling better. I have heard it can take a couple cycles for you body to recover after a medicated cycle. that's good your working on stayi9ng relaxed I'm sure that will help ALOT!!!

AFM: Our appt. with the therapist went GREAT! my husband almost didn't make it home in time and I was freaking out (he went hunting this morning and then hit traffic) but luckily he showed up right when I started talking to the therapist. Dr. Ellkins was very nice and turns out he adopted his daughter so he knows all about IF. He asked us some questions that I didn't expect like if something was medically wrong and a doctor suggested a reduction of babies would we agree to it. YIKES! Another question was how we felt about telling our children. My husband actually surprised me and ended up saying he wants to be open. I was SHOCKED! Dr. Elkins said he is going to give his recommendation to the clinic tomorrow. I already contacted the clinic to let them know and they are saying they didn't get some of the bloodwork back so I am going to go ahead and have that redone this week and they said they are going to go ahead and place us on the list. My Dh today said if we get matched within the next 1-3 months he really doesn't know how we will be able to pull it off. UGH! I really hope we can figure something out. He doesn't even think we could get a loan for that much. Well I'm going to try not to stress about it until we are actually matched. Maybe a miracle will happen lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

LOL, Mel. My DH is exactly the same way with names. I like the ones that are a bit different, and I still haven't figured out what he likes. But he DOESN'T like ANY of the ones that I come up with. And we are both super indecisive so I know it will be really hard to settle on one even once we manage to agree on a few.

Glad that the appointment went great! You're getting there! You just have to have faith that it will all work out. Would family be able to help you out with an interest-free loan? Can you sell anything? I've been minimizing my contract work lately as I'm spending so much time TTC, and am planning to sell some of our antiques that we're not crazy about to bring in a bit of extra money.

AFM, I'm getting some cramping and bit of backache so I think that AF will be on her way. I'm ok with it though - it means I get another month to get healthier for baby!

Oh and if anyone is interested, the authors of one of the books I've just read has some free stuff online. You can do their online questionnaire to see what your TCM fertility type is and then look at recommendations for what you can do to increase your chances of conceiving. It's here: http://www.makingbabiesprogram.com/questionnaire/. In my opinion, this isn't the best TCM book (I still think The Infertility Cure is awesome!) but it's got a lot of ideas for things that you can easily do on your own.

User Image

10 years ago

Yes naming kids is hard! You have to think of things that rhyme that could be bad and how to spell it so not to create confusion!

I will post pics of the dresser once it is done, just waiting for hardware to come in, I ordered it from the states hopefully it comes in soon! I am thinking I might make the mobile today if I have time with Annika :)

Next doc apt on Monday and maybe couple more from then on, getting really close.

Northern sorry about the witch but glad you are feeling good from the effects of the TCM method! And yes being healthy for the pregnancy is super important :)

Mel glad to hear your doc apt went good, if you get matched up sooner than you thought I really hope you can work things out financially to make it work!!!

Oh and didn't mean to scare you with the whole "muscle tearing apart" thing, all is well at least it is not all the time, I just know baby is getting heavier and you will feel it.
TTFN

User Image

10 years ago

Anastasia, I went through the rhyming thing with names too - trying to think of ways they could be teased about their name. Too bad that parents have to think of that! Oh I forgot - how was your girls' weekend? So exciting that you are so close now!!

I'm not feeling like AF is coming anymore now. Not sure what that was - just 1/2 a day of crampy ick feeling. Feeling much better the last couple days and my temp was even higher today. No spotting so I'm really happy with that. I test on Wednesday (15 DPO). No other symptoms to speak of and my hormones seem to have settled down.

User Image

10 years ago

VERY QUIET!!??
Not much happening here either! Having lots of O pain for the past few days and really low temps!! Got a + OPK lastnight and also BD, I told ken i have already Od so there was no pressure LOL Im Sort of wondering wether not drinking ANY alcohol or caffine will help me out, I havent had O pain or EWCM like this EVER! I always had at least one beer a day with our men while i was working as its somthing i have always done sometimes i would have 2, they are only light beers but i know that it can effect fertility, I always maintained that i would not turn my life inside out while TTC, I always just thought it would just happen! People drink way more than me all the time and get preg! Anyway once IVF came into the picture i knew i had to give myself the best possible chance of conceiving! So i stoped drinking caffine ( i have 1 tea before bed) And stopped drinking any alcohol ( i had 2 Jack daniels and coke over the weekend for Australia day! :) only small ones LOL ) So looks like I may have Od lastnight, my temp was still super low today but i havent got a pos OPK that late n the evening ever! So i will count tommorow as 1 DPO i guess, Then i will have my dates right for the transfer :) Really looking forward to it! My due date would be Nov 16

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun, all the stuff I have been reading about the Traditional Chinese Medicine stuff says that you should really minimize both alcohol and caffeine. The one book I really like says to not drink ANY, especially alcohol and coffee (tea is not so bad). She had one stat about even having one alcoholic drink reduced the chances of IVF success by a lot in one study (I can't remember the exact percentage - something like 50% I think). Anyhow, I've been trying it - it can't hurt to cut them out for a while at least, especially if you've noticed that it might be making a difference for you. I've been allowing myself to drink and otherwise eat crappily on CD 1. So far, the coffee and alcohol have not been a problem - it's the uneaten chocolate left over from Christmas that I am having trouble staying away from.

I'm so excited that it's getting closer to transfer date for you!

Oh, and AFM, I started spotting today. I am pleased though that my PMS symptoms are pretty minor so far, and that I didn't spot until now. It's a good sign that my body and hormones are getting more in balance!

User Image

10 years ago

HAHA yes im a sucker for chocolate too! I made soem choc choc chip cookies the other day and have one with my cup of tea every night LOL they are super yum! I havent drank hardly anything since the month before my Stim cycle, i had a few after i found out it failed but i think i deserved it LOL So it will be around 5 months without alcchol or caffine by the time transfer comes around! I drink Decafe and i cant tell the difference! Im so glad your hormones are getting to the normal level! Its amazing how much things can change for a small shift in our lifestyle!
How is everyone else?

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Northern: I so hope all this traditional Chinese medicine helps you but hope that it's wrong too lol! I drink caffeine (soda) ALOT! And I have a Starbucks hot chocolate every morning. I hate the thought that I may be the reason for my own failure at conceiving. I just always tell myself that there's so many that get pregnant and do everything wrong. That is great your hormones are balancing out. Sorry about AF :/

Stillfun: when are you doing your transfer? This cycle?

Anastasia: it must be a strange feeling to feel a baby growing inside you. Sometimes I worry it's going to freak me out. Lol! I also picture it setting off my claustrophobia pretty badly Haha!

Afm: I'm so so so excited!!! Can a person have a panic attack out of excitement lol! Anyways I told my dh they are doing matches the next couple weeks for march transfers and that we may get a match. He asked me this morning what we would do if we can't come up with the money and I said I guess we turn down the match and let them move us to the bottom and wait some more. Well my dh must have decided that wasn't an option because he just called me at work to inform me I don't have to worry about mony anymore that if we get matched we are taking it!!!! Woohoo!!! I'm so extremely excited!!! Lol! Now I hope we get out match this week!!!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo