Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1541 - 1550 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Stillfun: Yes I want to do a cycle with injectables and back to back IUIs at the doctors. I just hit CD 1 today which is early for me so this month will be out as I wasn't prepared yet lol! But I would LOVE to do a cycle next cycle and maybe I'll get a WONDERFUL Christmas present!! Hopefully I can save some money this month. Its really hard right now as today Duck hunting season started so typically the DH won't work overtime and ends up spending money this time of the year. lol! I love the idea of embryo adoption too with the refund helps alot!!! wish I had the money to move right ahead but Im hoping to talk my Dh into taking out an equity loan on the home to do it. But I figure first I'll try these injectable cycles that we can afford and go from there. I can't wait Stillfun for you BFP!!! Are you worried about multiples? When I was researching the embryo adoption there was a HIGH rate of twins. Its crazy to think about going from trying so hard to have one to thinking you could end up with more than one lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

That sounds great Mel, I really think the iui will have to work, they will only transfer one at my age in Australia until after a few attempts at least, I'm so excited. I am gettins some cramping today so hope af is here soon, Ken is stressing about spending some of our savings so I know he would never go into debt for this but I hope your hubby is more open to it.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Mel, I forgot to answer your questions ca couple posts back! I thought acupuncture would hurt but it doesn't. You feel a tiny pinch when the needle goes in and that's it. If it does continue to pinch, you tell them and they'll move it or take it out. I had this happen a couple times - no biggie though. I really enjoy my visits - soft music and light, heat lamp, comfy bed...it feels like a spa! From what I've read, it's actually best to start acupuncture BEFORE IVF or ttc. Three months beforehand I think would be ideal, but that adds up to a lot of $$. I figure a bit is better than nothing.

Stillfun, enjoy your break before IVF!

AFM, just back from my CD10 ultrasound - got good and bad news. The good is that I have 3 larger follicles - 2 18s and one 20 mm. But my uterine lining is only 7 mm, due to the clomid. So they gave me some estrogen pills to use as suppositories and I was told to BD tomorrow and then go back for another ultrasound on CD 12. Was also told to take 1000 IU of Vit E every day to help with the lining - thought that was interesting since I hadn't read that anywhere.

Kinda bummed about the lining but hopefully the estrogen will help and we'll still have a shot at a natural attempt this month (with help from meds!). I wasn't planning on doing an IUI this cycle, stillfun, since I will be away on CD 15. Dr just confirmed today that they wouldn't have been able to do it anyhow this cycle b/c of my lining. So I'm guessing they'll get me on the estrogen earlier next time I take clomid.

User Image

10 years ago

Northern I loved acupuncture too!! It was so relaxing and not painful, I always felt so rested afterward. When I had my sessions the acupuncturist also did accutonics and that was great also (not sure if I spelled that right or not!)
Interesting how you learned at the Vit E now hey?? Good luck with this cycle.

Mel lots of options for you, how are you going to decide what to choose?? Unless you already have and I am far behind. LOL

Stillfun good luck too!!

AFM: Feeling pretty good, have been kinda lazy lately and have not been to the gym as much. I will ck back in with you all later, bye for now :)

User Image

10 years ago

Good to hear from you Anastasia! You're allowed to feel lazy! Your belly must be starting to get big now, hey? Not sure what acutonics is exactly or what it sounds like? There is soft "earthy sounding" music playing, so maybe they do it as well? Last visit the acupuncturist hooked up a thing like a TENS unit to some of the points too, to increase the effectiveness. She gave me an herbal incense type stick to use at home to do something called moxabustion - basically burning it close to your skin so it is absorbed. Apparently this herb is quite powerful and it can even be used to turn a breech baby. Worth a shot!

Back to the clinic today for my 2nd scan - CD 12. My lining hasn't increased - still 7 mm. But what the Dr thought was one big follicle on my right side was actually 2 smaller ones, so I have something like 2 or 3 on each side, ranging between 14 and 21 mm. I go in tomorrow for a trigger shot and am supposed to BD again tomorrow night and Friday. Not sure how I'm going to pull that off - hubby was grumbling about it last night already. He's tired and we'd just gotten some bad news (his dad fell and broke his hip and we found out the company we have our savings invested with is going bankrupt). Still easier than getting him to come to the clinic for an IUI though. Then we're off on Saturday for a month! We're flying into San Diego and will be there for a few days then sailing down into Mexico.

User Image

10 years ago

Sounds fun northern, I know exactly what you mean with the dh thing lol
Anastasia how many weeks are you now??
On my phone so only a sort one, I picked up my GonalF injections yesterday, I start jabbing tommorow!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Wow, stillfun, so the fun starts tomorrow for you, lol! Good luck to you! I'm going to try to check in periodically over the next month but it will be on other people's computers so not sure if I'll actually be able to. I'm so excited that you are starting on this IVF journey and can't wait to hear about your BFP! I know it will happen!

User Image

10 years ago

HI everyone!

Stillfun: how did you first couple days of stims go??? How are you feeling? When do you go back to check on the follies? I'm SO SO SO SO excited for you!!!! :)

northern: So sorry about your lining. I know I've seen that happen to a lot of ladies on different forums from clomid. How did your trigger shot and BDing go? Hope your in the TWW and feeling positive! I so need to start acupuncture, I thought my insurance would cover it but of course is doesn't but I'll def. be looking into it more.

Anastasia: I wish when I said I was feeling lazy it just meant not going to the gym AS much lol! I can't get my butt in the gym even when I'm not feeling lazy haha! I need to work on that. ;)

afm: well I had pretty much decided I was going to be doing an injectable cycle next month but then I discovered today we have paid off about 12,000 on a loan we took out 2 years ago. So now I'm going to talk to the DH when he gets home on Sunday and see if we can retake out that loan and add what we have, to move forward with the embryo thing in Sacramento. I don't know if he will agree to it or not but if not I will be doing an injectable cycle next month So either way I'm feeling better. :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

I hope you sort somthing out Mel!!!! I am keeping everything crossed for you :)
Just a quick post, i did my first U/S since i started stimming today, im CD 6 and we have 2 follies that are already registering over 10mm so thats great, they dont usually see too much at this time so im excited! My linning was 7mm so i am happy with that also! Another thing to be happy about is Ken produced his sample today so we have that out of the way!!! They up'ed my dose of GonalF from 100 units to 125 its still a really low dose but at least im progressing!!! i have another U/S in 2 days. I have another Vlog where i do a shot and stuff if you are interested.

10 years ago

Hey all, Northern accutonics (spelled something like that) is when the practitioner uses tuning forks at different frequencies, can't explain much beyond that but I loved it! You should google it!
Stillfun I am today 23 weeks 3 days, I can't believe it, going by so fast. Got the crib back together and the change table, now I am hunting down a dresser to re-finish, I did that for Annika and I loved how it turned out and want to do it for this LO too.
Mel yes I have been feeling lazy and not going to the gym as much as I would like, but besides the health benefits it is a mental break for me too, I get an hour to myself with music and no thinking or talking or doing anything except taking care of myself! I will deff be continuing going to the gym as soon as I can after LO is born and I feel ready for it. I just feel so much better after.

Stillfun sounds like things are in the works for you!! GL.
Mel glad things are moving in a positive direction for you too!
Northern how are you doing?
Hoping?

Gotta go get laundry done and then take DD to preschool while I go to the gym and clean house. Talk to you all later. Oh and happy Halloween if I don't talk to you soon. What are you all doing, dressing up yes/no?
My work is doing a theme, Alice in Wonderland and I am Alice, I thought it made most sense since I would need a dress for roominess.
TTYL

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo