Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

731 - 740 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

I dont mind, i live on a cattle propery in Northen Australia, Its 8hrs to Cairns in Queensland and 3hrs to our closest town called Normanton but its really an Indiginous type town with not much but drunk aboriginies and over priced food that is allways off, i never go to Normanton unless i have NO choice, Cairns is a fairly big city, it has afertility clinic there, Normanton only has 1 small doctor surgery there and you have to be nearlly dying to go in there LOL Its just my partner ken and I live here at this time of year (our rainy season) for around 4 months its just us and we have no access in or out via roads becuase they are all dirt, but Ken flys a helicopter so we have one here just incase of an emergency and so we can check on the cattle if we cant drive, we have around 7000 head but we are looking to double that number in the coming years i think the size of the property is about 700 000 sq miles if that makes any sense, our nearest neibour is about 3 hrs drive 30min in the chopper and its another cattle propery, so yeah we are pretty secluded. Thats why getting our mail once a week is so important! But they dont seems to care :(

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Whoa, I missed a lot!

Mel - glad to see you back! I understand about needing to avoid all things TTC to keep it off of your mind.

stillfun - I'd be frustrated too if I were you! On top of your cycle being so screwy this month, they screwed you with the mail too! haha

Northern - how are you doing? 6dpo today too, right?

hoping - my DF's brother only had one testicle that needed descended too, and his wife is pregnant with their second. I suppose all cases are different though. He may just have a lower count than normal because of it. AF today????

AFM - do you know what stupid thing I did yesterday? I took an opk. Without even thinking about anything. I don't even know why I did it! And it was positive. Not really dark like when I surge, but definitely as dark as the control line. Ugh. Nothing like something to get your hopes up for no real reason - at 5dpo I wouldn't have even implanted yet. I am so mad at myself for even taking it! Ugggh.

User Image

11 years ago

Lots going on!

Stillfuntryin, that really sucks that they wouldn't bring the mail. You'd think that bush pilots would be more understanding than that. They are super nice and helpful up here, from what I've heard - often going out of their way to help if needed.

Mel, I just realized something. Look into putting a castor oil pack on over your ovary with the cyst. The castor oil is supposed to be absorbed through your skin and dissolve the cyst. I forgot that my naturopath had told me about that when I was having pain and AF wouldn't come. She thought I had a cyst and advised that I do it. I never ended up doing it because I was always worried that I might be pregnant - you definitely don't want to do this if you could be pregnant. Castor oil is really cheap to buy, but doing the pack can be kind of messy from what I read. Anyhow, it can't hurt to try it. And that is exciting that this could be what has been making it harder for you - at least you know the problem and can do something about it.

And Mel, I totally agree with you on needing to put a time limit on this stuff, as much as I don't want to. I'm not exactly putting my life on hold right now, but I have made some changes that I wouldn't have otherwise, like leaving my job. I'm making plans now that don't include a baby or being pregnant (like sailing to Hawaii on a friend's boat!) but these can always be changed. I just feel like I'm going to start making myself really miserable if it doesn't happen soon. I already have a hard time being civil with family members who are very young and having "oops" kids. I know that lots of people conceive in their 40s (my mom had my sister at age 42, unplanned), but I really don't like the odds of having something go wrong or ending up with Downes, etc. We also have a lot of plans for the future and want to get on with it!

Supersue, I'm on day 6 too. Starting to get really impatient to see an implantation dip! I've been getting little pulling pains again, like I had last cycle, but that's it so far. Boobs are getting bigger and a bit tender and tingling inside but that's normal hormonal stuff for me. LOL - you just couldn't help testing! This has got to be the hardest week of the cycle.

User Image

11 years ago

Okay then stillfun, wow I thought me living in a small town of 3000 was secluded, holy. That must deff make things difficult for you with the mail planes and what not! I hope that you get what you need in the mail soon!
Nothernbaby I know what you mean about the oops babies, drives me bonkers!!!! Where I live there are a few young moms that have kids for the money, it's awful. And of course they get pregnant just by being looked at.
BTW, 7 weeks tomorrow, first ultrasound in Feb, can't wait to see the baby and hear the heartbeat, but it might be too early next apt at just under 10 weeks. Just want to hear it so I can breath a sigh of relief :)

User Image

11 years ago

GL with the U/S!! Well my temp rise was nothing it dipped again today so im thinking its an annovulatory cycle... BBOOO! we put so much effort into bding this cycle too!! LOL to you northenbaby looking for an IMP dip haha!!!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Well, I think my cycle is FINALLY ending. I don't like that in-between time from when AF is supposed to start and finally does. (cycle has never been that long before!) Now I can prepare for the next round of ttc!

User Image

11 years ago

Too bad, hoping. Your chart looked so good too - I can't believe you didn't get a BFP! Next cycle will be the one!

Stillfuntryin, that's so frustrating! I've never had an annovulatory cycle but I would be so pissed - especially after trying so hard to get all the timed BDes in!

And yes, lol, I am expecting that implantation dip! Who says you can't conceive with just sheer willpower! ;)

Anastasia, yay, 7 weeks! I'd be holding my breath too, waiting to hear the heartbeat! That's awful about girls having kids for the welfare $$. I have a feeling that a lot of the young mothers I see are doing the same thing too. They don't seem to particularly like their children, which makes me soooo sad. It's so unfair to the child. Maybe they just don't understand birth control...

User Image

11 years ago

Norhternbaby- Can you look at my chart im super confussed and i wanna know if you think it looks sorta like i may have O'd just my temp is slow to rise this time
User Image
My Ovulation Chart

Sorrry bout AF Hoping that chart looked so special too! Maybe chemical they heve been going around like the flue latley!!

11 years ago

stillfun, I looked at it, and I wonder if maybe you DID ovulate on CD15 but your temp is just not staying up properly - maybe your progesterone is a bit low? If it weren't for those two dips, it would look right on track.

They put you on progesterone (suppositories?) when you did conceive, right? So they were concerned about it then. Maybe you should be taking progesterone like I do. I put it on topically (on my inner upper arms) at night starting the night after I know I've ovulated, up until AF starts or my temp drops. When I do conceive, I'll just stay on it. You have to get the bio-identical progesterone cream from a pharmacy with a prescription not the natural stuff that you can buy online. My naturopath prescribed it for me.

On the other hand, maybe it's just your body being confused after a miscarriage and a chemical back to back, and next cycle will be back to normal.

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks for the concern stillfun.... I was wondering the same thing. I have WICKED cramps this time, even tho bleeding is pretty light.
I kinda agree with northernbaby. Your body might just have all sorts of hormones floating around this time and doesn't know what to do yet!

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo