Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

661 - 670 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

CD5 for me today..... and I'm having the worst cramping on my left side! I didn't take an OPK yesterday because I'm still bleeding a tiny bit.... UGH. I will take one when I get home from work tonight. In my mind there is no way I am ovulating already. I hope. Because we haven't BD'd since last week! >:| This cycle has been bad for intense on and off cramps.. hopefully that's just what I'm experiencing now, and not a really early O.

My fiance decided on his own to start taking a multivitamin and l-argenine... and he can't even remember to do that. Lol. He can barely remember to take his daily prescription! I don't think I'm ready for that fight yet. In time, maybe. Gotta get him to do the SA first, but it's good to have a list ready of vitamins to have him research and maybe take (he's like your hubby, Mel - if a doc didn't give it to him, he's got to independently verify any info I give him. Lol. I don't blame him, I'm like that too! Except that I don't trust docs like he does. Haha.)

We got one BFP this past cycle, let's hope one of us hits this cycle! Wooooo!

User Image

11 years ago

LOL, Stillfuntryin, that's going to be a rough TWW for you without the tests! Use those digis sparingly! And thanks for the info about fertility friend. I'll see how this cycle goes and then might buy the VIP features. I love that we're on the same CD!

Anastasia, what bad effects did your hubby get from Maca, if you don't mind me asking? My hubby has been getting an upset tummy and I can't tell which of the supplements are bugging him! I think it might be glucosamine that he's on for his shoulder but I think i read somewhere that Maca can be hard on your stomach. And yes, he's on a ton of supplements right now since he wrecked his shoulder too. I got him to agree to take them all by saying it's just for 3 months to see how it goes. I'm hoping that after 3 months, he'll be used to it and hopefully he'll feel better and want to stay on them!

Supersue, I usually get O pains for something like a week before I ovulate. Maybe it's just starting, but you're not actually ovulating yet?

Mel, I hear you on hubby only listening to the doctor! My hubby injured his shoulder in September. I finally just convinced him to get it looked at since it was getting worse, and the doctor said that it was a torn rotator cuff and that he'd need surgery. Hubby was totally depressed and acting like he'd be crippled the rest of his life and would NOT listen to me telling him that I thought the doctor was jumping to the worse case scenario. We heard that there was a physiotherapist in town (they only come in a few times a year) so he went last night and sure enough, the physio figured out which tendon was injuring and told hubby that she thought it was only irritated and that with rest and exercises it should heal. Now hubby is all excited and optimistic... So yeah, it doesn't matter what I say!!

User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream, I think it could have been his tummy? I don't really remember, there was one other one that made his heart race so he stopped taking that too. But I can't recall which one did what!

User Image

11 years ago

Well im going with 3 BFP's for this cycle only 1 stuck, just cause we ended up with Af it is no less a bfp than if we didnt i say.... Finally some rain here! Its been so dry but that def mean no mail next tuesday unless it doesnt rain after today which i highly doubt we are forcast rain for the next couple of days but i am confident that if we can catch the egg again i will have an IMP dip its happen twice now so i think it will be a sign for me everytime (i hope) I just watched Bad teacher (movie day it's raining) And was thinking of you Mel LOL hope you arnt that crazy but it made me think of you... Have you done anymore with the lab? Hope they dont charge you and its easy and maybe you will have to home insem down pat soon, Well AF is completly gone YAY I am also happy we are on the same CD's northernbaby i dont think we have had that once on this forum and we have been toghter for months now! I will one day go back and read all our old post, there is some big ups and downs. Anyway GTG DH is disaplinig the dog with a fishing rod!!! Stupid men

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntrying: your right a bfp is a bfp regardless of stickiness lol! Omg! I def. wouldn't call myself crazy haha! But that did give me a good laugh. Still waiting in Af she should def be here tomorrow though. The sperm bank said they do not allow known donors only intimate partners. How lame is that? Then they tried to get me to order their sperm lol! Anyways looks like we have to just stick with shipping or my BIL is going to have to be ok lying and saying we are married lol! Omg I think your husband and my husband would get along great! Discipline the dog with a fishing pole sounds exactly like something my husband would do lmao!!!

Northernbabydream: omg! It's so good your hubby got a second opinion! That would have been horrible going into surgery for something he really didnt need!

Supersue: I hope your right one of us better get a sticky bfp this next cycle. Better yet all of us! We have all worked so hard and we deserve it! :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Girls - I don't know what is going on! I was woken up at 4:00 this morning with the most terrible O pain... an 8 on that 1-10 scale they give you in the hospital. You know the one with the faces? Haha. I had to take 4 ibuprofen, and it took probably 30 minutes for it to help. It was awful! I have NEVER had this before. I normally get O pain the day after I get a positive OPK. I took one yesterday, and it was very very negative. My mom had some problems with cysts in her ovaries when she was younger, and they just found one on my younger sister's. They told her that it may resolve itself, but they won't do anything for it until it's become and ongoing problem. I'm going to try and suffer through it this month (I was just at the doctor the other day, I don't want to take more time off of work for something that might resolve itself) and hope I don't encounter it again. Should be interesting to see if I even get a positive OPK this month though. Still pretty sore. Ugh. CD 6 today... in my fertile period, and I don't even feel like BD'ing! Bleh.

User Image

11 years ago

Pain has finally subsided. Man, that was rough. OPK is starting to get darker. Felt good enough last night to BD. ;) Should be interesting to see if my O pain is on the same side that I've been having all of this crazy pain.. (left)

Mel - did AF show yet??

User Image

11 years ago

Sue- You mentioned cysts with your family, PCOS can run in the family... Maybe you have PCOS and that is why conceiving has been troublsome, from what i understand in bad cases with PCOS that cysts cover the ovaries not allowing the egg into the tube and when the egg is released it can also turn into another cyst, In know that is a bad senario but that could be why you are still getting a pos OPK every month, I know that women still get a LH surge but never release an egg, so in other words you can still get a pos OPK but not ovulate, that is why BBT is so great in the fact of actually knowing that ovulation has really occoured and its not just a false alarm, i had an annouvulatory cycle when i was only using OPK's and i still got a pos opk 3 to be excact and was sure i had O pains and everything but when i got my progesterone bloods done when i started at the clinic they were super low so that means no O! So i know you dont wanna get all crazy with the BBT and all but it could be an easy way to tell if you are infact Oing or your body is just making you think you are. I watched a thing on you tube about it make look it up, it could be a mild case and you just might need a little clomid or tamoxifen to help you O

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Supersue: sorry to hear you are having so much O pain! Hopefully u still release a great eggs and get your bfp!

Afm: if I ovulated when I think I did I'm on 16dpo. I just don't understand. Still negative pregnancy test and still no AF! I'm having lots of pain in my ovaries like I'm ovulating again but there is no way! I was going to buy another opk today but don't have the funds until tomorrow when I get paid so I might check tomorrow if I'm still having these pains but I just don't understand why all the sudden in having such messed up cycles. Hoping I just ovulated later than I think and that it's possible to still get a bfp I am hungrier then usual lately but I'm sure that's in my head lol! Now that I wrote this ill probably get AF lol! But at this point anything would be better then just sitting around waiting! I'm thinking I might need to get checked to make sure im not hitting early menopause. It sucks I finally have a donor that I can use whenever and my cycles decide to go schizo on me. Starting to think I might just have to accept that getting preggo might just not be in the cards for me! Lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Mel- I think you really need to BBT, it will shed so much light on whats going on! trust me you wont regret it! The fertility monitors are like BBT arnt they? it will be interesting to see where you are at in your cycle, For me and most women your temp drops heaps the day before or the day of AF so you get a little hint the the witch is coming! I am a BBT believer and i dont know what i did before without it, i know when i should start testing OPK's (doesnt mean i dont get ancy and test early for no reason but because i think oh maybe it might be!) I know for sure that O has occoured and i have now found out that i get implatation dips! How handy i think its the only way i will get through my TWW without tests i will be looking for a IMP dip. When you figure out where you are in your cycle you can then determine if there is a problem, cheap insurance i say!
CD 9 and my chart is looking very different but still looks ok just different than any other cycles

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo