Community post

Discussion

Anyone with extreamly long cycles, feeling so alone

Hi guys, my last 2 cycles have been 80 and 75 days long. IDK if im just having a bad day but it's really hit me today, im CD12 and im going to have to wait another 2 months before i even OV. using my OPK's just incase things change and i get a short cycle and BBTing. Been ttc #2 for a year now with no luck. my DD was concieved within 9 months so thats getting me more down now.
I'm hoping there is someone out there who has long cycles like i do. People seem to think 35 days is a long cycle which frustrates me because i would give anything for my cycle to be that :(
Had my hormones tested but they came back normal so upto now it is unexplainable

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

65 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1 - 10 of 65 Replies | Last Page

Hi nutty1mrs,

Im so very sorry you have long cycle. I know exactly how you feel. My last cycle was 70 days long without ovulation. My dr. had to prescribe me provera to induce a period. You should go to your Dr and tell him whats going on. My hormone test came back normal also but my ovaries showed tiny cyst all over them when they did a sonogram. You may have PCOS like me. My Dr. also prescribed me metformin and I ovulated yesterday (CD 22). He told me if my cycle was over 40 days that it was "no good". They can also prescribe you clomid to help mature your eggs faster and help you ovulate sooner. There is help, so dont feel alone. Im also here for you because I know how frusterating and heartbreaking it is. Praying for you dear!

Love, Shea

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Im so sorry to hear that! I know how much it sucks. Mine are not that long but I do have longer cycles and they are not always ontime. Im not sure If im pregnant right now or my body is just tricking me. (it seems to love doing that) I am a month late and I have tingly weird feeling (NOT SORE) breasts and i feel like im having motion sickness. I dont want to test again and get a BFN to get a big dissappointment.

This whole TTC thing is driving me nuts. but, just know you arent alone in this at all! I wish you luck girl! Keep your head high!

12 years ago

Hi Shea, , aw sorry to hear yours are so long too, but i know im not alone now! I have an apt w/ the dr Thurs and nurse Friday so hopefully i will get some answers. I think i OV as i use OPK's and got my LH surge last month, and had OV pain. I'm a little confused today though as im having alot of EWCM and not sure why, i normally get that when i'm OVing not before, but i guess i'll have to wait and see. How long have you been TTC?

hmchugh00, aw no, that's not good! A month late!! Have you had any stress or anything that could cause it? I'll have my for you, and pray your pregnant some promising signs. Keep me posted.

to you both and thank you for your replies, it really helps
Love Nats xxxxx

12 years ago • Post starter

well ofcourse you know how it is when you desperatley wanting everything to be because of pregnancy so Ive been over analyzing myself as always. So that could be the stress. I am due for my AF this week. we will see if it comes. But im so glad I could help you! and thanks for the baby wishes!

12 years ago

nutty1mrs- It really sound to me like you have PCOS. And I have been ttc for about 3 years now....sigh....Anyways, yea, sound like mild PCOS to me. Kinda like what I have....I call it "silent" PCOS because I really dont show any symptoms except having extremely long cycles and I have cysts on my ovaries. Hopefully you will get some answers soon though.

hmc- I soooo hope you get your BFP soon! praying for you!

AFM- I think Im about 2 dpo. Ill start testing around 7dpo.

Shea Soy Cycle1- Soy Cycle2- Soy Cycle3- "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37

12 years ago

Shea - I was tested for that 4/5 years ago as the same thing happened then had u/s and a laparoscopy but showed nothing wrong at all. It's so confusing! Aw no 3 years! I'll keep my for your in a few days!! Any symptoms?

hmc - stays away and for your too!!

AFM - Im at dr's today so i'll see what he has to say about it. Still waiting to O will do my opk around 11am.
Keep me posted!!
Nat xx

hi I cant believe it!! I got a +opk today!!!! only CD14 just cant believe it!!! Argh im so excited

Nutty1- CONGRATS TS!

Nurse- Keep us posted!

Dont forget to keep me posted on everything as I will be doing the same!

12 years ago

I will!! It sound so silly but i feel as good as i would if i got my BFP!! I've just been so used to waiting months to O and it's happened so soon!! Hopefully November is our month!! It's mine and DP's anniversary and our anniversary of TTC so

Keep me posted

I also have a my TTC journal that yall are more than welcome to read! its called Young and Restless! LET WOMEN KNOW THEY ARENT ALONE!

12 years ago

Last page

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo