Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

221 - 230 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Not really that brave, I have more anxiety now then ever, but thank you. :)

Happy birthday Northernbabydream!

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Jmcandrew, how exciting that the IVF is moving forward. How's it going?

Mel, so funny that the boys left it to you and your SIL to discuss. Typical. ;)

Stillfuntryin, good luck on your TWW. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for the b-day wishes everyone! Hoping that I get my BFP this year - I'm 36 now and it's about bloody time! AF is starting today, and I'm happy that I didn't spot at all beforehand this time - spotting just started today on day 29. I'd love to get a BFP next cycle - we're visiting family for 3 weeks in Mexico in December and I'd love to be able to tell them the good news when we're there. Anyone else do the what if game, and count out the months before getting a BFP?

User Image

11 years ago

northernbabydream- Aahh i know that game rather well....
When i got all those lines on the blue dye test (grr evil things) i was so sure i was, i was working out dates and names and all sorts of things what would be the best time to tell our family, i woke up at 3am and did one and there was a line and that was it no more sleep my mind just went into overdrive i think i even named it jellybean or somthing along those lines (crazy anyway) I dont think i will sleep for a week when i do actually get preg i will be a crazy woman LOL

Melc- when does school start? are you nervous? I am fairly shy around people i dont know so i would be a jittering mess but thats just me LOL i think it takes a special type of person to be a teacher!

Jmcandrew - hows things going? whats the next step?

sugarbearttc- were have you gone? are you still with us?

AFM- i think im either 1 or 2DPO i got my darkest OPK at 6am on CD16 and they reckon your body wont show much LH until after miday so i must have had a fairly strong surge for it to be so dark so i prob O that night or early the next morning which would make me around 1 or 2DPO im on CD18 today, temp went up but not heaps but i never really spike the day after O so we can make it 1.5DPO LOL
I have had super bad cramps yesterday and today, my lower back and legs were just aching so much lastnight i took some pain killers almost like i over exersised but didnt, anyway hope everone is doing fine Just had to throw that in there oh and maybe a

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: I have meetings on Monday and work officially starts back up on Tuesday. I'm actually extremely nervous this year. I don't know the school layout yet and I don't know any of the staff. Really hoping Monday will put everything at ease for when the students get there tuesday GL! I hope you get your BFP! I tried to track my ovulation this month but completely missed it I thought I would O around the same time I always did so when I never got a positive I stopped but I must have stopped early because my cycle was longer this month I just hit day 1 yesterday meaning last month my cycle was 37 days
long.

Northernbabydream: I do that same thing. Im always trying to figure everything out way in advance, I just noticed on my calendar if I was to try again this month, which we probably won't be doing, my due date would fall on my birthday! That would be such a great gift although I'd be a little bummed to lose my own birthday it'd be well worth it lol! I wonder how accurate those due date predictors are. Maybe I will see if my Dh will let me do a home Insems with the vials we have left of our current donor. It will be another month or two before my BIL will have the surgery due to us falling a little behind this month financially. So it might be worth a shot. Hmm......Lol!

Afm: I'm feeling out of sorts today. My mom informed me that my bio father (or sperms donor) lol! His mother passed away this week then his brother couldn't handle losing her and killed himself. It's such a weird feeling to hear about "family" passing away when you don't know them but feel like you should. My husband asked me today why I cared and my reason is this to me it's not the same as a sperm donor in the sense that either no one knows the guy who helped create you or you/everyone knows the donor. In my case everyone knows him and his family BUt ME! And I feel if anyone should know him it's me instead i just constantly hear about him. I don't know. I know I still have the chance to meet him but I feel he could put in the effort to and doesn't. Unlike a sperm donor also which never has the choice unless he's a known donor. I tried calling him but his phone is disconnected I will probably be getting his new number and calling him to day to send my condolences but we shall see.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Hi girls! Just wanted to updated you guys. Had my cd9 scan, I have 10 follicles. Not sure how I feel about that. Wish it was more, im nervous that after all is said and done, we'll be lucky to get one. I'll update again after my next scan on Wednesday.

MelC: hope school goes well tomorrow.Maybe with the start of the new school, its good that you are not tring anything this cycle. You don't need the added stress. But I do think it might be worth trying the donor one last time. Other wise the vial you spent money on will just sit there.

Stillfuntrying and NorthernbabyDream: the what if game is an everyday dream. I spend way too much time on these fertility forums calculating every little detail. I've been thinking of trying yoga or something to decrease the stress... What do you guys do to relax?

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Jmcandrew: I'm sorry to hear you didn't get as many follies as you had hoped for but as long as the ones you have end up nice and strong then everything will be good. Are they upping your meds until wed? I think yoga would be a great idea. I don't really do anything to relieve stress but I def. need to start before we get back on the baby train. My husband has booked up all the days he can for overtime he really wants to get our baby fund back up as quickly as possible lol! I'm so ready to begin again. I don't like just sitting around waiting for things to happen.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

hi girls,
well my bbt chart is showing that i O'd the day after i think i did on FF and this site which makes my last BD day 3 days before so i hope it is wrong and i am still in with a chance, i didnt get to bd on O day Dh just really wasnt up for it (literally LOL) we did try but there was just too much stress around performing, SA in 2 days! i hope we find some answers, to relive stress the one thing i do (which i shouldnt) is having a light beer (or 2) every arvo with the men, it reminds me that making this happen is what i want but i dont want to lose everything i enjoy in the mean time.
Anyway im going to town tommorow at lunch which should get me there at around dinner time at least i will have a co-pilot and i wont be on my own.....

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntrying: I'm thinking of you today!!! I hope your DH's appt goes well today!

MelC: I forgot to ask you, How did everything go with you father. I'm sorry to hear your relationship is not what you would like it to be. But lucky for you, your DH is by your side, and he knows first had how valuable a father/child relationship is, regardless of DNA. I know him working overtime can't be easy, but i'm happy to hear he how devoted he is to the baby-fund, even if it means less time with you. The more I hear, the more I know your guys relationship is amazing & supportive, and you both deserve to have your BFP!!

NorthernbabyDream: How's it going?

SugarBear:....?

AFM: As of today, i had 16 follicles (yay!) i'm happy with that (some were kinda small though). I will get a phone call later today to tell me when the EC will be. Most likely Sunday. I'm trying to figure out how much time i should take off. I already took off monday... I guess i should take off tuesday as well? I'm not doing the transfer his cycle, So i don't have to worry about that. I also should mention i have a desk job - i'm not running around either...
But over all, I'm kinda scared, and excited... i'm trying to relax but who am i kidding.. i can't relax!!
Pretty please keep me in your thoughts these next few days... i'm praying that I don't pass the fragile X to too many embryos!!

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: did your Dh have his SA today? I hope everyone turned out great.

Jmcandrew: thanks for the kind words it means a lot. My uncle is supposed to be working on getting my bio fathers phone number he hasn't got back to me so I haven't been able to call him yet. I will see my uncle on sat. So I might get the number then. 16 follies is GREAT!! I wish I had some advice for the egg retrieval but I'm sure things will go great and you'll be back on your feet in no time. I will def. be thinking of you this weekend. I'm so excited for you.

11 years ago

Hi guys, back home, got the flue..... stupid town it allways happens. I dont think the clinic will ring us with the results until they get his bloods back, lucky we didt the sample in the hotel room he had alot of troubl doing it in there even, we had two attempts at it and im not sure if they will be able to tell but we had to BD to get the sample...... Hope they cant LOL.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo