Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

841 - 850 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Good luck today Anastasia! Let us know how it went - I hope you hear the heartbeat! My hubby is on lots of vitamins: regular high-potency men's multi, extra folic acid, zinc, selenium, vit c, B vitamins, Pycnogenol, Fertilaid and MotilityBoost, as well as Maca. I'm a bit worried about the Maca though and might not start another bottle. I didn't buy horny goat weed - I can't remember why now but I decided against it.

Mel, good luck on Thursday - I hope there's no sign of the cyst!

AFM, I'm frustrated with OPKs! I've been testing twice a day hoping to really pinpoint exactly when O will be, and the results are all over the place. Seems like I get a stronger positive in the AM than PM, but that's to be expected due to dilution and I've read that your LH is higher between something like 10 and 4 during the day. But I had a stronger 2nd line on CD 11 and 12 than I did today (CD 13). Maybe it was diluted this am, but I'm finding it really frustrating that I'm not getting a steady progression of darkening. My temp still hasn't jumped up, so I know I haven't missed it. I also spotted on CD 11 and 12 too but no O pains so far. I wish I knew what the spotting is from - I'm getting more and more of it around O time.

User Image

11 years ago

Hi girls!!!!
Good luck Anistasia.....
Well 1 day left of Tamoxifen, i have been getting really bad headaches with them
We have been looking for a car for the last couple of months but never really been too serious about it, but now we were on holidays we decided it would be the right time to find a "Family" car! We own a 3 seat 4wd so its not a very baby friendly car LOL We were looking for a second hand car simply because we have to get a certain type of car to stand upto our dirt roads and they are super expensive over here! Our highest offer for our car was $35,000 and out lowest was $24,000 what a difference! Some people ore just out to rip you off, We have found it hard to find what we want in our price range! $71,000 was the best we could find for a second hand one So we decided to get a brand new one thats the model below the expensive one for $61,000 so its a $26,000 difference which works our ok! we should be picking it up tommorow! I will post in FB im so proud LOL

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Wow, that's exciting stillfuntryin! Must be a nice car! Can't wait to see the pic! We have a very family-unfriendly car and truck too. Our car is a 2 door sporty type (cramped inside) and our truck is a small 4x4 extracab. I love my truck though so I'm not sure I'd want to give it up...there must be a way to fit a car seat in the backseat somehow, lol! Our 160 lb dog fit back there!

User Image

11 years ago

haha Northenbaby! I hope we pick it up tommorow but not certian, we need to get better tyres and a bullbar! just a few extras to make it better, It has a reverse camera and a little alarm if you get too close to somthing!! So cool, Our ute right now is expensive but is more "work" than comfy, And i will be glad not to have to put everything in the front when we are in town when we stop somewhere so no-one steals it!!! No pos opk yet, but i see your chart is looking right again Northernbaby and looks like you def O'd Mel

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Hey guys. I am sorry to say that at the doc apt he couldn't see baby on the handheld ultrasound which prompted a blood test and an ultrasound in the hospital.
I went in today and they found baby it was measuring 8 weeks with no heartbeat and I should be 10 weeks today. So, needless to say another blood test tomorrow to confirm my HCG is still going down and I have to meet with doc to decided what to do from here. I am thinking D&C so I can just get it over with.
I am beyond words and haven't cried so hard in years, I now have to tell some close friends and family that knew when I feel up to it. I am just so devastated and heart broken, sick and all the rest. I just want to crawl into a dark hole, but I unfortunately have to go back to work Thursday and pretend all is good and paste on a smile.
Sorry to tell you all the bad news, I hope someone else has better luck than me.
Bye for now

User Image

11 years ago

Oh Anastasia, I am devastated for you! I had to re-read your post because I just didn't believe it. I'm so, so sorry! I wasn't expecting you to have problems at all - things seemed to be going just fine for you! Ugh...I'm so frustrated with this ttc stuff. Please come in here and vent as you need to. Stillfuntryin had a miscarriage too, not that long ago. I know it doesn't help the pain right now, but at least you know that you CAN get pregnant. Eventually it will happen for you. I know that doesn't help any right now though. I wish I could give you a big hug. I'll be thinking of you, and if you feel up to it, let us know how it's all going. Hang in there...

User Image

11 years ago

Anastasia: I'm so very sorry! :( Life is just so unfair and even more so in the world of TTC. I wish there was something I could say or do to help you get through this. I hope that it is all over quickly for you so that you can move forward. Norhernbaby is right you know you can get pregnant now and usually another pregnancy happens quickly after a miscarriage. I believe stillfuntryin also had the fetus tested to make sure it wasn't something that would happen again. That might be a good idea and help you with your next pregnancy! Good luck Anastasia my heart goes out to you. We will all be thinking about you. Please update us when you are feeling up to it.

stillfuntryin: haha yes I O'd and I'm LOVING having a BBT chart!!! really hoping this all helps me get a BFP next cycle.

AFM: A couple in my neighborhood was asking around seeing if there were others that had adopted and wanted to start a group in the area. I know our second child will def. be adopted so I joined lol! The women in it are very nice. Some have been through the same ordeal we are all struggling with and some adopted after having bio children and its nice having local people to relate too. Im surprised there aren't more local groups for infertility. Makes me want to start one lol! On a side note my husband asked his Captain if he would consider being our donor. They are really good friends, they go out hunting and fishing alot together. Anyways his captain said he was honored he would ask and he wants to help us. fingers crossed his wife agrees to it. He doesnt think it will be a problem but you never know. YEAH!!! lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Oh crap Anistasia! Same happened to me, throught everything was fine until the appt for U/S and then my world broke in two! Please feel free to contact me with help on your decision for a D&C and getting the fetus tested so you wont blame yourself forever like i was going too! I found so much peace of mind in getting the testing! I am so sorry i know excactly how you feel hun BIG HUGS!!

Yay Mel for the possible Donor, thats such great news! I cant wait to see your full BBT chart and i am glad you are also finding it interesting.

Have you Od yet Northern?

Not sure if i shoud put this on here.... but we went to a sex shop today and got a little toy called a "We Vibe" I have seen it on TV and throught it might be nice to spice things up a little, make this TTC stuff not so same same! Anyways check them out! So cool.

And again Anistasia, if you need a shoulder i am here, its still a fresh wound for me too! And i dont think i could have gotten by so well without these girls on this forum! So keep me updated hun!

11 years ago

Mel, that's great news that you may have found a new donor! Yay for your hubby! That's great that you've also found a local group that can understand what you're going through, and you can start learning firsthand about adoption.

LOL, Stillfun, I don't think I could drag my hubby into a sex shop - he'd be mortified!

And no, I haven't O'ed yet! I don't know what is going on. I've peed on so many sticks...it's become a 3-4 a day habit! I am getting O pains - started yesterday and still there. Had some EWM yesterday too, but my temp hasn't changed and OPKs are still so-so.

User Image

11 years ago

Phew, I had a lot of reading to catch up on! Never made it online while I was on vacation, it was kind of a relief. I didn't even know what CD I was on until today. Lol. And wouldn't you know, I had a dream last night that I had suddenly realized that I missed my AF, and took a digital hpt that gave hcg levels instead of saying "Pregnant" - and I was pregnant!

Hershey - welcome! Sorry about your DH's diagnosis. Better to know now, I think. My DF is going to have an SA in a couple of months, so that I can also know if all of this ttc has been pointless... heh.

stillfun - have fun in that chopper, I'd never get in one either. Lol.

Mel - bummer on your bro in law, but glad your DH has someone that he is comfortable asking instead! Hopefully he's got a good wife!

Anastasia - omg. I am so sorry. I can't even believe it. It's so unfair that here in this group, the people that care the most about ttc, end up having the chemicals/etc. I don't get it.

AFM - just got back to work this morning, so I have a lot to catch up on here too. Just wanted to stop in and give to everybody!

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo