Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

2111 - 2120 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Northern: hopefully you can get a BD in soon. I don't know much about taking aspirin to help but I have seen a lot of women on other forums taking them so there must be something that helps in them.

Hoping: sorry about AF. Sometimes when you know your out its best to just have her start to move on to the next round though and it looks like your already ready to go. Will you be upping the clomid this cycle?

Stillfun: I'm so jealous you got to go get your hair done. I want to get mine done so bad! I think weaning off the progesterone is a much better idea. I wish I would've done that. Lol! I can't believe how quite he other boards are. There's so many people on there you gin kit would be never ending. Nobody has posted in like 4 days.

Been feelng more nauseous today then usual. I'm wondering if it's not having the progesterone that's causing it. Even more reason to not get back on and have to go through the withdrawals again. The last two days I've been told I look like I lost weight guess there's a good thing about not really being able to eat anything lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

I can feel my uterus now, when I press I feel it in my back lol so maybe in a week or so I will have a real bump and not just bloat and fat! Its funny the lengths I will go to to eat what I'm craving, I drove around for ages today so I could make a chicken burger lol
The aspirin effects the blood and killer cells, I don't know a lot about it but I know that's why the doc put me on them, still have 2 weeks of them :) all so worth it! I can't Evan be bothered with the other forum Mel, I have one in Australia that's an ivf forum and is super active but CMP sucks! And I don't want to leave you girls anyway, we have been togther for too long :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

He increased clomid to 150 for this month. hopefully this month is lucky!

User Image

10 years ago

Hoping I don't want to rain on you parade but I see this all too often, instead oftrying to find out why ffertilisation/implantation hasn't taken place the just give people more Clomid like its a wonder drug, you Od fine this time and I don't think I have ever not seen you ovulate so why would he just feed you more unesasary drugs, I hope it mean multiple follies but it realy drives me nuts when o see doctors do this!! Good luck with your cycle hoping :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Hope you feel better soon Mel. I think it could be the change in hormone levels. Hopefully your body sorts it out so you can eat again!

Stillfun, that must be a weird feeling to be able to feel your uterus like that! And I am so happy that you and Mel are sticking around here. It's been almost two years now! Yeah, I read a ton about what the aspirin does, and I even bought some and was taking it many cycles back, but my acupuncturist said that the herbs are supposed to increase the blood circulation, especially to the reproductive organs (as does the acupuncture), and that I could be overdoing it if I took the aspirin. But what I don't know about is the effect of the herbs on NK cells. There's so much controversy about NK cells in the research, and different opinions. On the other hand, what I've been doing hasn't been working, so why not give it a try, right?

Oh, and Anastasia, I missed your post til now. Crazy that Kaj is already rolled over and is so big!

As for REs prescribing clomid as a solution, yeah, I think this is really common because it's so much easier than trying to figure out exactly what is going wrong if fertility is unexplained. They just figure that more follicles = better fertility, and that's as far as they go. Hoping, I hope that in your case it is just male factor infertility and the combo of donated sperm and lots of follies with IUI does the trick! The danger though is of getting multiples - would you be ok with twins?

So I didn't get another BD in yesterday, but I think I ovulated either early yesterday morning or in the night before, so it would have been too late anyhow. We got lots of BDing in though, and the last one was really well timed I think. The wait begins...

User Image

10 years ago

Yes, it was strictly to increase the number of follicles. Since there was only one mature at 100mg, he is hoping to get more. I have never to my knowledge had issues with staying pregnant once I get there. Have had 2 pregnancies and 2 kids. His sperm was our only issue. I had one egg last cycle and I guess it just didn't implant. But I think he inseminated too early especially using frozen sperm. I had researched that frozen only live for about 12 hours tops and remain viable. I am going to be more vigilant this time. He mentioned injectibles next cycle if this one doesn't work. But I might have to save some money first for the extra u/s and bloodwork. After all, we have only had one cycle where I KNOW there was adequate sperm available.

User Image

10 years ago

Hoping, did you get a price on the injectibles? They are WAY more expensive than clomid. Did they check your lining too? I don't remember you saying what it was. Another thing to keep in mind is the success rate with IUIs. For my age, it's something like 10-15% per cycle. So, it's still pretty low, so just because it didn't work once doesn't mean anything was done wrong with the procedure.

User Image

10 years ago

He said they were going to run about $100 more dollars for the meds plus more u/s and bloodwork is required for those. I already pay $24 for clomid and $71 for the pregnyl. He didn't say anything about my lining today (cd2) but last cycle they said it was fine at my midcycle u/s. I know I have a lower chance per month with only one egg at my age (36). I am hoping for multiple eggs this cycle again. I guess that's why he is being so aggressive with the meds so fast. All I can do is try. If nothing ever happens with the IUIs, we give up on it eventually.

User Image

10 years ago

That's not too bad for the injectibles - here they are much more - like around $1000 (but I have insurance that should cover). If your lining is good though, and sounds like it is, then clomid should do the trick. Hope you get at least a couple follies this time! And yeah, i think that's standard to increase the clomid if you just have one dominant follicle. My clomid cycles I think I had either 2 or 3 biggies but I think they might have had me on a higher dose - can't remember. I also forgot you're close in age to me, duh!

User Image

10 years ago

I wouldnt write the IUIs off too quickly northern, when you put it into prospective last cycle was really your first TTC... Sounds stupid but it was, I have nodoubt it will work for you but I just hate the Clomid thing... It really bugs me lol, but I am a little extra hormonal today haha
I got my blood results back and so far it looks got my PAPP-A levels are nice and high and low levels can indicate downs but that's why there is so many false downs diagnosises because if its low its not a definate, but mine is high which is great :) scan in the morning!!!!!!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo