Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1701 - 1710 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

You've found a perfect place then wishing, even tough we are all on a different journey we are on it togther, there for the ups and downs, I know what you mean about cycle buddies, they come and go, but most of us here have been on here since mid 2012 ( holy shit really!) Its a soft place to land everytime you get knocked down, welcome and enjoy your stay, these women are awsome :)
Afm- got my dates set for the FET, felling more positive about it now, I know I'm going to feel different about it every 5min but my nurse made me feel more enspired yesterday.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Welcome, wishing! I'm happy to have you join us! I think we can all understand what you've gone through on this journey...we've all been trying for a rather long time as well. Is there anything you can do for a polycystic ovary (I haven't read up on that)? Any chance that supplements would help your hubby's sperm count?

Stillfun, when do you get started on the FET? Are in town yet? Good luck! I'd be so nervous, even though I know that doesn't help at all! Glad it sounds like you have a supportive nurse. So exciting your horse is in foal! Hope it all goes okay if she has it while you're gone.

Mel, what's the next step for you now?

AFM, I believe I'm now in the TWW. I thought I ovulated on the 14th, but it might have been yesterday or today because although my fertile CM was on the 13th, I had a really low BBT this am. Confusing. Anyhow, we BDed every second day from CD 8 to 16, and I'll probably try for one more on CD18 for good measure, but hubby is getting tired, lol. I'm addicted to the Chinese herbs I'm on. I get a real buzz off them and although they taste nasty, I look forward to each drink. They are pricey though, man...I'm avoiding tallying up what all this TCM stuff is costing. I've been warned that it can take up to 6 months to get pregnant with this approach, so it's certainly going to add up. I'm looking at it as my way of treating myself and getting healthy, rather than as money wasted trying to get pregnant.

User Image

10 years ago

Haha, you're wishing and I'm hoping! funny! And of course you can join us. My DH is on fertilaid and countboost because he has very low count too, due to undescended testicle surgery at 6.....I think only the dropped one is viable

Oooh exciting Stillfun! I would be so psyched if I actually KNEW there was a potential baby in there like with IVF.

Northern!

AFM, well AF is here and she ain't playin' this month! I am taking an FSH test in the morning to see if my eggs are getting too old or running out

User Image

10 years ago

Sorry forgot to add the transfer date should be the 28th Feb if all goes well, still a bit off! Ken told me this morn that our friends have just gotten preg after being tighter for not even a year and it was an accident, feel a little deflated.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Wishing: Welcome!!!!! So sorry to hear about your Dh's sperm motility. I think doctors of all types just become numb to things around them I like to think they don't mean to be so unsympathetic. I remember the fertility doctor being the same way with us. One minute telling us we had no hope of conceiving a biological child and the next minute telling us all about donor sperm like it didn't matter at all, like we wouldn't have to grieve. I've heard of PCOS a lot on many different forums. Do they know why you have only one ovary? Is IVF an option? I'm not sure if you've read through the forum but my husband and I are doing a double donor program. If you want you can look in my journal where I wrote about it or look up California Conceptions. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I hope that the fertility clinic is able to help and that you are able to have another baby soon.

hoping: Sorry about keep us posted on the test! I hope it comes back with good results. It is so sad that we all have to consider things like equity loans to have a baby. My husband and I haven't really discussed how we are going to come up with the money for our embryo either. I guess we just figure we could have possibly 3 months to figure it out. I looked into mini IVF too if your body does well with fertility meds it could be worth it. meds wise its similar to an injectable cycle. For me it wouldn't be worth it and the price was pretty close to regular IVF. Not sure if you'd be interested but I know there are also clinical trials. I've seen many forums for this one http://www.ivf-free.com/search/label/New%20York%20City%20NY It's in new York but it's free IVF I wanted to do it but my husband was weird about it and honestly I don't know if we'd qualify seeing that we'd need donor sperm but it might be a great option for you!

Maybe for you too Wishing!

stllfun: that is awesome about your horse and the puppy is adorable too!!!!looks like you are going to have a couple new fur babies soon joining your cute wallaby. I wonder how they will get along. you might have to take a video for us :)

northern: I have my test run with the therapist on Monday. then we will set up our actual appt. after that its onto the waiting list!! I hope that it doesn't take 6 months. Hopefully this will be the cycle that works!!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Well, CD 3 test was good. Hopefully the cd4 and 5 tests will be too.

User Image

10 years ago

Are these clinical tests or at home tests??

10 years ago

Lots going on! Hoping, that's great that you are getting some testing done! So far so good - I hope the other days turn out good too. I have only had my CD3 FSH tested (I think).

Mel, I hope it doesn't take 6 months for you! On the other hand, I suppose that would give you time to save too.

Stillfun, that is a bit off still but I'm sure it will go fast. One of my hubby's employees just announced she is pregnant too and she was all "Oh it happened so fast, we weren't expecting that!". They just got married in September. It's so hard to deal with these kinds of announcements and I always dread the conversation turning to "So, are you and B going to be next - you're kind of running out of time." Some people just have no clue.

User Image

10 years ago

Okay wow lots has happened since I last checked in!!

Welcome Wishing, I truly hope that you get your wish, it was hard for me every cycle also when you have that little bit of hope and it is dashed away many cycles crying in the shower. Just know that it has already happened and can again!

Stillfun, awww baby horses!!!!! I love horses when I grew up we had 2 of them I was pretty young and I still have a love of horses to this day. Oh and your puppy is adorable too :) So your transfer date is super close to my due date that is super cool! I am excited for you.

Hoping I hope all of your FSH tests are great for you, can you remind me how old you are again? Isn't it usually after 35-36 that they look at this?

Northern; buzzed from the herbals hey?! Baby dust for your TWW

Mel it is happening!!!!!!!! Keep us posted

AFM: 35 weeks today, holy crap! My last day of work will supposedly be the 14th of Feb but we will see since you just never know! I am finally getting over that REALLY bad flu, it was awful and then turned into bronchitis which is slowly going away. BOOOOO for being sick, but yay for almost being better. Almost done the dresser for baby, just in time! Next doc apt Monday the 20th and am starting the internal apts, I forgot about those ones LOL I think I am at the point where it will be every 1-2 weeks, coming really fast.
Going to see my sister this weekend with DD and my mom, we are having a girls weekend getting manis and pedis and I am picking up some last minute baby stuff while in the "big city" we are having a sleepover too, I am super excited for this!

Have a great weekend all and I will ck back in soon TTFN

User Image

10 years ago

LOL Anastasia - not that kind of herbs! Seriously though, I actually have no idea what is in the herbs I'm taking. I do consults with the TCM doctor, she orders custom blends, and the little packets of powder are couriered to my door. There's no ingredient list or anything! You're getting so close now - I'm so excited for you! Is your daughter looking forward to being a big sister? Your girls weekend sounds like so much fun. Enjoy!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo