Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

101 - 110 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

I see it!!! lets hope it get's darker! fingers crossed for u

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Congrats Melc2808! What a roller coaster! And congrats jmcandrew! You give me hope!

I'm only on 50 mg of progesterone right now, but I've been spotting again so I may end up getting the dose increased. We're going to try switching the cream base first to see if that helps.

We are thinking about IUI (had all the fertility tests done already), but we're living somewhere very remote at the moment, so it won't be possible for another year and we're back in civiliization. I'm 36 now, so kinda running out of time too...

User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream: yes it has been so up and down for us but hoping tomorrow will give us some great news so we can just enjoy it all. Isn't there a clinic somewhere around you. I've seen many women who drive one to two hours away to their clinic and at 36 I don't think I'd give it another year. For just an IUI with clomid you'd really only have to make the trip twice, three at the most. Have you considered ICI which can be done at home?

Jmcandrew: I def. see a line but did I read it right that your final hcg shot was only four days ago? Everyone is different so I'm sure there is a chance it's out of your system but mine usually takes about 8 days. Why did he have you do a second shot after your IUI? Well keep testing and keep us posted I really hope it's your BFP and it continues to get darker!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

i drive 8 Hrs to my clinic! what is ICI? tell me about it! anything i can do at home is best! hope you get awsome results with you beta test Mel!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin:wow 8 hours is crazy!! ICI is at home insemination a lot of couple try it first before going to IUI. Here's a website with some information on how to do it but there's plenty of forums and other sites that have information as well Thank you!

http://www.malefertility.md/at-home-insemination.html

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Melc, thanks for the info about ICI - I'll look into that. We're 1400 kms from the closest town that would have a fertility clinic, so it's a minimum of 2 days drive (and in a different province). And the road is only passable in certain weather. Flights out of here are very expensive too. Too bad it wasn't covered by medical - then I could get the travel paid for. Most people fly out for medical treatment and it's covered.

nutty1, I'm sorry you got such bad news. I don't have any experience with that so can't give any advice. Hoping that it's just a poor sample...

User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream: wow 2 days!!! Your really do live in the middle of nowhere lol! I bet it's nice most of the time. I live in the city and hate it. I can practically high five my neighbor from inside our windows. Lol. Ours isn't covered by medical either it's ridiculous. I think insurance should cover infertility. It is a medical condition. What state do you live in? Your welcome for the ICI information i was highly considering going to ICI next cycle if this one didn't work. I figured Id try a couple rounds at home while I saved up more money for more IUIs as ICI is so much cheaper and your odd are the same as if you were doing everything naturally (with good working sperm of course lol)

11 years ago

I'm in the Northwest Territories in Canada - most of the communities here are very remote. It's certainly a different way of life and it's been a great adventure so far. We're only here for a year, then moving back home to British Columbia. We live in the country there too, but the clinic is only about an hour away!

Looking at the ICI info, I think I'll try it with the Instead cups to see if that helps.

User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream: instead cups are a great idea. I think that's what a lot of the women doing ICI use. Good luck I hope it gets your your BFP! Keep us posted on how it goes!

11 years ago

WOW 2 days your 1 up on me, i live Aus so with two days driving i could be is Brisbane which is the capital city of our state. Cairns is my closest clinic which is 8hrs drive on a dirt Rd, DH flys helicopters so we do have to option of flying to cairns over our wet season when the road becomes impassable for 5 months, so we only have a small window aswell. The fertility clinic is being really helpfull with working out what we can do with our remoteness, I hope they are the same over there for you!
Im going to check out the ICI site now thanks for that Mel.
I dont think they make instead cups in Aus i have never heard of them!
Anyway i will let you know how i get on with it im on CD 10 my cervix is around med hight and med opening so i hope i O this month, i will be bummed if i dont, i am also temping that is the only other way you can tell the egg has been released!
Jmcandrew how is the testing going, i will be thinking of you!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo