Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

461 - 470 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Stillfun..Glad to be FB friends!!! So 3 mths without being bothered eh? That sounds awesome..lol..I could def handle that..Enjoy that tub!! Sounds like a good time..Hope ur pregnant by then too! Have fun tonight

User Image

11 years ago

LOL, stillfuntryin, good to see you back in the saddle and getting ready to start trying again. Can't wait to see you get that BFP! Hope it all went well today in town.

AJZ, good to see you on FB! About your hubby's reaction - I think some men just really don't want to think that there's a problem and are sometimes even just overwhelmed by thinking about having kids in general. My hubby thinks that he's too old (he is quite a bit older than me) and that we shouldn't even be trying sometimes... So yeah, I don't bring up ttc a whole lot with him otherwise I'm sure I'd drive him totally insane, lol. Getting him to do his SA was like pulling teeth.

Mel, I hope you can get a donor lined up soon so you can move forward again. Good idea about the notebook, but I know how hard it would be to not bring up ideas with your hubby...you can always vent to us too!

AFM, I'm just counting down the days until O time and to going on holiday! I think I O next Thursday and that's the day we leave on holidays too! Lots of work to do in the meantime and I'm procrastinating...

User Image

11 years ago

Hey girls, made it to town once again! The girls at the clinic were joking on how far i have driven in the past few weeks, i would hate to think. My hcg is 33 so not long now and im back in the game!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Glad to see you staying so positive, stillfun!!!

I just had my second friend in the past two months ACCIDENTALLY get pregnant. I guess I must just be at that age where it's the time to do it - but this is the fourth friend that has become pregnant (2 were actually trying) in the past 3 months for me! It just gets so hard, especially when it's women who weren't even trying at all! I think they think I'm crazy when I start spouting all of this info about why their test looks positive to me and not an evap line, and I just spew out memorized details, like FRER and clear blue digi sensitivities. Lol. Oh well, maybe that just means there's something in the air around here, and it will be my turn next. ;)

I'm still not feeling a sperm analysis until at least the first of the year. With the holidays coming up and everything, I'd rather keep optimistically trying, and not get bad news. May sound like deliberate avoidance, but oh well, it probably is. lol. Maybe luck will be with us. :) Baby dust!

User Image

11 years ago

Well at home, i was thinking of you mel when i was in town, when you really think of it it's only around 3 missed cycles so at least it's not the end of the road! I go back for bloods on next Monday when i drop Dh off for his fishing trip, im going to spend a week in town hopefully catch up with my BFF and see her little bub!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Hey girls sorry I've been MIA just been real busy.

Stillfuntryin: I was thinking three cycles wasn't bad too until I just remembered today that my Dh leaves on a 2 week fishing trip in January so my guess is we won't start until feb. :( I'm going to talk to him tomorrow again. I know I said I wouldnt but 4 cycles is way too many. Lol! I hope Monday your beta is down alot farther can't wait for you to start back up again!

Supersue: I know exactly how you feel. I had multiple people have babies recently and we just found out one of my cousins is pregnant with their second and one of my DHs cousin is pregnant with their third. It def. sucks that it is so easy for so many and so hard for all of us. But that just means that when it does happen it will be that much more special for all of us. Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon!

Northernbabydream: thank you! It is so great to have all of you to talk to.

Ajzisman: my Dh def. has his moments where he says unsupportive things as well. Like his days where he just tells me if I want a baby THAT bad then I should go find someone who can give that to me right now. Or when he says "why can't we just drop all this and travel for the rest of our lives, I'm so over this" but he does has his sweet moments. Lol! I'm sure your Dh means well. If he's anything like mine they say things like that to protect themselves from feeling hurt. Plus I don't think they quite understand all we are feeling sometimes. Like my Dh doesn't get how a 3 month break seems forever to me because in his eyes I should just relax and focus on other things for a but he doesn't realize that is literally IMPOSSIBLE! Lol!

Afm: I'm thinking of buying an Ovacue monitor for when we start TTC again. It will give me more of a heads up of when I will ovulate and it tells you the exact day you actually ovulated. Which will be great to compare to my OPKs. Plus this will work out better for timing home Insems. I also found that you can rent them for about $30 a cycle and that goes towards the cost if you decide to keep it and buy it. Here's the link if any of you are interested http://www.babybeat.com/ovacue.html on another note all but one of my puppies have opened their eyes. I've also decided they are for sure chihuahua mixes as they are two weeks but weighing in at the large end of the 3 week scale for chihuahuas lol! But they are still adorable lol. Hope everyone is doing well!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Hey guys!!!
OHH gees Mel 4 cycles!! That is a long time, stupid men and there fishing trips! Where we live used to be a fishing resort so the fishing is awsome, some of the best in Australia there is still a fishing resort next door who charge $1300 a day per person and he still feels the need to travel to a different spot and i bet a million bucks that he is away when i ovulate (just my luck) Mine is going on his trip next week.... We BD again yesterday and it was really painfull (we had to stop) anyway i started to bleed again after so im really bummed i hope i havent done anything, my doc only said to obstain for 1 week but every thing i lookup says at least 2 so i hope i havent caused any damage that may lead to an infection and ruin our chances of ever conceiving!! I have some penicillan on hand i should just take a few of them to be on the safe side huh.
I completly understand to DH saying hurtful thing and they dont really mean it, like Dh got the shits up when i told him that he was hurting me and to stop, he doesnt understand, i said "Ken i have only had a baby sucked out of me last week!!" and he said oh here we go off with the sympathy card again, Men are so stupid sometimes, he understood when i explained it to him and then felt bad but they just say thing sometimes without thinking that it may hurt you, i also try not to push the fertility card too much cause im scared he will just want to forget about it and not want to try and i firmly beleive that both people should be as commited as each other in the process of making a life so if he didnt want it anymore well i would have to call it quits too, but he is so ready for a baby now we have been pregnant already he cant wait to have another one!!

11 years ago

stillfuntryin - you are too funny! Yeah, guys sometimes don't think about what they are saying.

Mel, I hope you don't have to miss 4 cycles! And Ovacue sounds like a great idea, especially since you can rent to own it.

Really busy so I have to make this quick. Just wanted to say hello before I leave on holidays. I'm supposed to be ovulating today but the OPKs have been negative so I don't know what's going on. I had a faint line when I started testing on CD10, and barely anything on day 11, and nothing yesterday. I'm guessing I maybe ovulated early? But I had good CM yesterday and my temp hasn't gone up yet. I dunno, but I think I might have missed it. We might have got one BD in there I think. I've had some spotting too, around CD 9-10 and again yesterday (CD 12). Trying to stay positive...

Anyhow, have a great month everyone! I'll try to check in while I'm away, but if not I'll be back around mid-December.

User Image

11 years ago

OOHHH have fun Shyanne!!! Maybe a little break is all you need, please keep in contact!!

11 years ago

Where the hell is everyone?????

Going to town tommorow for a week!!! Cant wait, DH is going on a fishing trip and im catching up with my best friend and her little bubba, relaxing in front of the pool with a cool beverage comming up!!!
Hope you are all ok, i know there isnt much going on right now, i have stopped bleeding HPT is STILL pos grr although lucnh times seems to be darker than this morns WTF... Getting bloods on Monday that should explain a bit more.
Look after yourselfs

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo