Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

231 - 240 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Stillfuntryin: i hope you get a call back soon. I can be so stressful waiting for the results. Lol! I'm sure it won't matter that you had to BD I know some places can provide a special condom for collecting a sample and BDing. I would think as long as you didn't use lubricant that might kill the little guys it should be fine.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Hey girls, everything went ok today. The procedure was actually not bad. It was over before I knew it. Although I did cry before and after, I was so nervous that they wouldn't get anything, but now that I've done it, I could definitely do it again. So that being said, I'll get right to it, they were only able to collect 8 eggs. A lot less the what I was hopping for. I was really hoping bc I am one the younger side, I would of had more, tomorrow I should relieve a phone call how many fertilized.... I'm so scared, I keep thinking the worst. I thought the procedure would be the worst part, but the waiting is by far going to be the hardest. Now it's out of my hands.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Cant wait to see how many take! will you know if they have the bad gene before they are fertilised or after?
I have to arrange a time when DH is around for a phone consult and we will get the results then, still sick so my bbt is all over the place it is more of a head cold now.... How dark are OPK's sopose to be at this stage im 10dpo i can see faint lines on the hpts but dont belive them cause i have seen the lines on these even before i o'd i did a frer dip and i thourht i could see somthing but a line only really showed well after the time so i think evap but i did do a opk and it is pretty dark im thinking im out this month but time will only tell i am so over these crappy hpts that i got i think they are too sensitive and they are picking up what hcg you usually have cause i did a tap water one and it is blank so it must be super sensitive and picking up like 2mIU

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: I def. recommend staying away from using OPKs as HPTs I have seen many things online that have said they are not accurate as HPTs. 10 days is still early don't count yourself out. 12 days is the best day from what I've seen. Fingers crossed!

Jmcandrew: I'm so happy to hear that the procedure wasn't bad. 8 is still a great number i really hope that you hear great news tomorrow.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Hi girls,

Stillfuntryin, I can totally understand the difficulty in getting the sperm sample. We were able to do my hubby's at home and drive it in the clinic. It was still hard for my DH to do. Hope you hear back from the clinic soon and that you were able to get a good enough sample and not have to do it again.

jmcandrew, I'll be thinking about you - keep us posted!

AFM, I was away for a 3 day kayak trip - it was great to get away for a bit. I'm at CD11 now so BDing is on and just hoping for the best and that we can get lots of BD's in.

Melc, are you back at work now? How's it going?

User Image

11 years ago

jmcandrew- hows it going? im checking regulary to see if you have updated, i hope everything is ok......

AFM- still have this stinking flue from town, and still getting the same colour positive lines on the dodgy IC's so looks like im out this month, still no work from the clinic i think they might be waiting for the boods to come back too.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Hey girls!

Northern baby : glad to hear you had fun! I've never been rafting, it looks like a blast! I hope you were able to make some time to relax.

Stillfuntrying: glad the actual appt and the deposit was succeful. Man, having to wait for this phone call must be brutal. Almost as painful as the TWW. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. No matter what they say, try to breathe. The technology and procedures they can do are amazing. I'm praying for only the best!! Keep us posted!!

MelC: I know school must of started. I hope you get a good group of kids this year. I've hear some stories from a teacher friend of mine, kids can be very difficult. Good luck!

AFM: I'm emotionally better today. I couldn't post yesterday, i was on such a rollarcoster. I feel like I'm never going to get pregnant. 8 out of 16 isn't really great odds, not at my age anyways, I know I should be happy but I can't help but wonder if I might have low ovarian reserve. It is possible bc part of the fragile x is Primary ovarian insufficiency (fxpoi), so I'm still nervous. But as of today, only 5 fertilized. Stillfuntrying, you asked about the genetic test... That is done at day 5 of incubation. Unfortunately, because we're expecting at least half typically make it that far, we may only have 2 at the end, before testing. So what me and my DH have decided to do is we will do another retreval cycle next month. Bc the pgd test coast so much, and we have so little, we want to try again and then we will test all at the same time. They will still do a biopsy on day 5 this time, they just won't run the test until next month. I am happy that we have 5, and I hope all 5 make it to day 5, but even then, the odds get worse, and potentially half will have the bad gene. So that's where I'm at today. I'm actually kinda excited to do another retrieval cycle, I feel like I'm getting a second chance. I just hope we will still have some insurance coverage.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

WOW its so interesting! Didnt they check your reserve when you first started at the clinic? i got mine checked and all seems to be good i have a normal amount for my age. I just emailed the clininc again about a time to have the phone appointment just to hurry them up a little they havent contacted me again for 3 days and i asked wheat time was good for the doc 3 days ago so hopefully she will ask hime again.

11 years ago

AF arrived

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: so sorry to hear AF started. Wow still no word from the doctor. I know ours took a while and then when the called they told my Dh they had to talk with him in person and then they said they couldn't get him in for a month. My Dh actually stormed down there and demanded answers because he said we weren't going to wait that long to hear if something was wrong. It was so ridiculous.

Jmcandrew: Im so sorry your feelings are all over the place right now. I think it's a great idea to do another retrieval so that you have more to work with. I hope you have better results the second time around. I know after my injectable cycle I was really worried about my reserve as well. I'm younger and expected an injectable cycle to give me a ton of follies but I took a LOT of meds and ended up with two. I knew I was in trouble when I only had 11 antral follicles and the doctor kept recounting them. He never said I have a low reserve but I know I should be starting off with more than 11 at my age. Good luck I hope your five embies keep going strong.

Northernbabydream: Happy BDing. That is the best part of the whole process I think :)

AFM: thanks ladies I have gone back to work and everything has been great so far. I just wish my days weren't disappearing so fast. It seems I get home from work eat and go to bed lol! That would be good if I was in a TWW though. Lol! Tomorrow morning is my appt. with my brother in law for our vasectomy reversal consultation. I'm so nervous. I don't know how to feel about it. I'm glad we will be able to find out if this is really an option but at the same time I know moving forward with the BIL means more waiting as it will take time for him to get in for the procedure and then waiting to see if he starts producing sperm and then of course the dreaded what if he doesn't. How long do we wait for him to start working? Oh well at least it's a step for now. I just hope the doctor is straight forward and either says, yes it's a great idea or no stick with what your doing. Then I'll be happy. Wish me luck girls!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo