Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

281 - 290 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

No Mel im not getting IUI just Ovulation Induction, i will have U/S and tablets and injection included in that but thats all i have to come home and BD when my follies are big enough and im about to Ovulate, i will have moreinfo soon im waiting on the clinic to call back!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: Wow then that is a lot of money. My clomid cost $10 after insurance (it's the only thing my insurance covered) then my trigger shot was $95 and each unltrasound was $295 and with clomid I needed 2-3 ultrasounds. And then an IUI was $300. Well I hope the trigger does the trick.

Northernbabydreams: looks like we will be on the same track next cycle as I'm due for AF any day now.

AFM: waiting on AF! Girls what do you think should I use all three vials I have next cycle as they are IUI ready and not ICI ready vials or do two this cycle and save the third for next month which means I will be doing one Insems with the current donor next month and one Insems with a new donor next month. My husband doesn't think it will be a big deal if we use two separate donors next month if this month doesn't take but I worry about not actually knowing which donor worked. What would you all do?

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Thats a tough one Mel, at the end of the day when you look at your baby you wont be thinking about the donor, so maybe it doesnt matter, maybe it is just inquisitiveness but what ever you feel comfortable with, it is up to you and your DH.

AFM- Im OVULATING today BD lastnight and will again tonight, hoping it does the trick this is the first time i have tried bd on these days i went every 3rd day up until when i got a nearlly pos opk then the day of pos opk, this morn was really dark opk and then at around 10am it was already starting to get a little lighter (still pos but lighter) Hoping lastnight or tonights BD will catch this little sucker.... Then we wont need to worry about OI

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

So I have been here this whole time....depressed and upset....with no news to report because my DH still hasn't scheduled for the testicular biopsy. This is our only chance since he says that he doesn't want to go any other route if he isn't the biological daddy. Furthermore... my close girlfriend who was preggo delivered her beautiful baby boy yesterday! I was so proud of her! I was her birthing coach, I've been with her at the doctor's and ultrasounds appts, we did her baby registry together, maternity classes together and it was by far the most amazing experience ever! I was so happy for her but I cried the whole way home from the hospital because it made me realize what I might never have. I feel like she pitied me a bit because she knows about all of our struggles having a baby and she knows that I may not get the chance to be a mommy. He was 7 lbs. 12 oz. My big sweet godson! My DH says that if his surgery doesn't show any sperm than I should just go back to my psychiatrist and get back on my anti-depressants, sleeping meds and pain meds again and forget about ever having a baby. I feel lost. I just have to pray that the doc finds something when my DH finally makes the damn appt! Oh, and I got AF like 20 days early (my cycles have been about 50 days recently) on the way to the freaking hospital to coach my friend! Crazy...

You ladies have helped keep me going during some very sad times...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!

11 years ago

Sugarbear, I'm so sorry. Being in limbo like that must be awful. Can you schedule the appt for your DH yourself? My DH is hopeless when it comes to doctors, particularly in regard to the fertility stuff. I have to literally drag him in...

I don't know what to say about how to move on with your life if it doesn't work out. I know that my DH would not want to use a donor either. We're not at that point yet though, so I'm trying not to think about it. What about adoption? Is that an option for you two? My only comfort has been thinking that as I get older, the feeling of need to have a baby is likely to fade and I'm hoping that then it will be easier to cope with.

User Image

11 years ago

Mel, I don't know about mixing the sperm. I wonder if there would be some incompatibility issue? Probably not logically, but that's what jumped to mind. I guess it doesn't matter if you don't know which donor your baby ends up coming from. I'm assuming that it's all confidential anyhow, right? Can you call the clinic or sperm bank to ask if it's ok?

That will be nice to have a cycle buddy this time! I think AF is actually supposed to start on Saturday but could start Friday. I'm still just spotting.

Stillfuntryin, that's great that you are sure you are ovulating this cycle AND you've got the BDing timed right! Would be so funny if this was it for you - right when you're starting treatment. Also, I watched a corny movie last night about a giant killer crocodile in Australia that was hunting down a boatload of tourists and thought of you. Beautiful scenery in the movie!

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Ladies!!!

Jus wanna give ya a big ol hug SugarBear!! Ur post brought tears to my eyes today..Ur friend was so lucky to hv you through her pregnancy and sounds like you did an amazin job coaching her..My best friend told me 6wks ago she is preggo w her 3rd child..She jus got married and her DH has 1 testicle and she had her IUD out and within like 3 wks she was preggo..Very happy for her but I did cry for myself..People hv no idea what we go through..Its agony!! I usually dnt hv much to say but jus know Im rooting for all of you!!!! Have a great nite girls :)

User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: sounds like great timing! I really hope that this is it for you!

Sugarbear: that is so amazing that you were able to not only have that opportunity but to be able to be there for your friend and put your feelings aside. I don't think I could've done that. I haven't even been able to go to any baby showers since going through this. I have a hard time saying congrats to those who make a pregnancy announcement on Facebook. Lol! I truley admire you! Try not to get discouraged there are many who find sperm in a biopsy as well as many men who talk tough but in the end realize that they don't want to go without as well. My husband admitted after all was said and done that he was letting his ego get the best of him and that he was being selfish for giving up on both of our dreams so quickly. I hope that the biopsy finds something and you both have the baby you always dreamt you'd have.

Northernbabydream: we have been very open with this process. Pretty much everyone surrounding us knows lol! But as far as our child goes I know my husband at the moment would choose to keep it a secret and I think thats why he thinks having two donors might be a good thing but I think his mind might change someday and if that happens I'd like to have actual answers for our child.

Ajzisman: some girls just have all the lucky, lol!

AFM: been cramping today so AF should be here tomorrow. Woohoo! Also I have picked up a new fur baby for the moment. She was left on the street with her babies on sat. The babies were already gone and I couldn't get ahold of her. Two days later I saw her again and made it a mission to catch her. After 45 min we finally caught her and she was real nippy and lethargic. I called every no kill shelter and organization I could and no one will take her. So here I am still taking care of her. Today she started giving kisses and allowed me to bathe her and is now snuggling with me on the couch. Not sure what I'm going to do Lol, I never wanted a chihuahua and my Bella (yorkie) is not liking losing all the attention to the stray. Hoping I can find her a home but in the mean time I've had my hands full lol! Anyone know anyone who wants a dog lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Sugarbear i dont know what to say Men are so insensitive sometimes..... as long as your relationship isnt suffering with this TTC stuff too much, i would hate to think that my relationship with Ken got ruined because we were trying to make a baby, we want to add love not take it away, talk to him and tell him how you feel and responses like the one he has given you are not helpful in making this road easier, sometimes i just wish i could forget about TTC, like last night was THE NIGHT to catch the egg and cause DH has a low sex drive and cant maintain and erection even when he wants to help, i got so frustrated, i didnt make him feel bad though there is no sense in that but i was thinking for fuck sake just give me your sperm i dont want to make this anymore painful than what it is now, but we just laid and talked about how screwed up this TTC stuff is and how its taking over our lives, but managed to get the job done anyway so i couldnt be happier with our timing this cycle. on to the dreaded TWW, my temp only went up a little today but im sure it will rise again tommorow ( it damn well better im not gonna get anymore sex for the next few days but with the pos opk and the temp dip and slight rise im sure i got the right days FX anyway.
Hope we are all good!

11 years ago

MelC: I don't think its a good idea to mix the vials in the same cycle. I remember the nurses' telling me not to have sex around o time, they didn't want the two to competete, something about they don't work well together.?! Maybe if you space them out 36 hrs apart. Maybe call your RE office and ask them?

Stillfuntrying: I'm really surprised they didn't try you on clomid (with no monitoring) first. I guess they strongly feel that bc you cycles are long, that they could get better answers this way. I would ask to try a clomid cycle first though. You so good at temping and tracking your cycle, either way I'm glad your on track!!

SugarBear: I feel like you DH must really be scared, why else would he have not got answers yet (aside from the fact someone will have to biopsy his testies). I truly hope that he will someday be able to see that there is is more then one type of family. My heart reaching out to you. I agree with NorthernBaby.. try and schedule the appt for him. Don't let him stall any longer. It's hard to think about moving on untill you get those answers...

I'm proud to hear how great of a friend you are. I'm struggling to be supportive of my friends. Just learned about another unplanned pregnancy two week ago. Sounds like your friend thinks that by having you close by every step, that you'll get to experience it too (even though its not the same). And you'll be the best Aunt/godmother. And don't forget, We are here for you.

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo