Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

451 - 460 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Stillfuntryin: I glad that the staff was so kind. Sorry to hear about all the bleeding that sounds horrible. What exactly do they look for when they check the placenta? I think I would want to jump back into it again too. I heard that a loss can make you more fertile as it kinda jump starts your body. I hope that's the case and you get your sticky bean right away!

Northernbabydream: I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt. Wishing your family well wishes through this tough time. Yeah, to getting started on your IUIs I hope it does the trick for you!

Afm: nothing new to report. Dh thinks we might have enough saved to start again in January but I don't see that happening. I'm still working on convincing him to use a known donor lol! If we didnt have to throw $1000 away on sperm each cycle we could do so much more with less breaks. Anyways, sorry I haven't been on in a while I've been busy with the puppies. I love having them around as they have been a big distraction from the baby stuff. I have one week left of work and then I'm off for thanksgiving break woohoo! That should help too!

User Image

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Not excatly sure what they look for but they try to find abnomalitys, figure out what actually went wrong,

Sorry for your loss northerbabydream, looks to be a shity month for all of us, big hugs to you

I have seen your cute puppys on FB mel, love the names too! I spoke to DH about egg sharing, its not an option for us be he said that he would back you mel, he wouldnt want to give away perfectly good eggs without getting something of your own out of it!

UUGGHHH the cramping and bleeding have ramped back up, BBoooo fot that, i am also constipated (havent gone for 4 days) i dont think thats helping whats going on down there either.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

I skimmed this entire thread and now I'm butting in! Lol. I have to say I was broken hearted to read what you've been through the past month, stillfuntryin.

My fiance and I have been "trying, not really trying" since April (7months) now. Every month that we don't get lucky, I get a little bit more involved, to the point that now I would say that we are TRYING TRYING. Haha. I started doing OPK's last month and have pinpointed my normal O day (day 11 of a 25 day cycle), coincides with the pain I get, so now I know that is indeed O pain. My cycles are very regular, with the exception of May and June - for some reason I had a really short (21 day) cycle followed by a really long (30 day) cycle. The rest are all 25 days.

My fiance had told me before that he and his brother both had to have surgery for undescended testicles when they were kids. His brother's wife is pregnant with their second child. I never thought any further about it. But after 7 months of no luck, I started looking into it. I have found that the odds with a boy with two undescended testicles isn't great, and depends on what age he had the surgery. I don't know how old he was, but I know it was at an age that he remembers at least, I'm thinking he was about 5. And, it was both of his testicles. I read that if it was just one, it wouldn't be too much of a problem. But it wasn't. Sigh.

I already have one son with another man - he was an "oops!" baby and was conceived with a condom (seriously. I've obviously been to polar opposites here, from accidental condom babies to ttc!) So I'm pretty sure any fertility issues would be with my fiance, not me.

I O'd last week, and I just read about Instead Softcups, so I'm going to pick some of those up for next month. In case he's got a low count, I'd rather keep them all as close to the cervix as possible! Not sure if TMI - but he deposits a LOT of... stuff. So, if he has a low count, there would be a few swimmers in a lot of.... water. Lol. Seems like a bad ratio, and that it would be easy to lose the few he has in what falls out.

OH and also - I have a retro uterus too - I think I read that you have that as well @stillfuntryin. I am hoping the Softcups will help keep everything up there so that I can maneuver into a bunch of different positions - I'll try keeping my butt up in the air. Lol

We talked about doing a SA, but not until we've been trying for a year. We thought we'd just "see what happens" this year, but I'm not so good at that - I am proactive by nature! And I have baby fever! Our wedding is next September, so I guess it wouldn't be so bad to be able to enjoy that without being pregnant or having a newborn... but honestly, having our baby is more appealing to me than that is. :)

So, hi everyone! Hope you don't mind my jumping in!

User Image

11 years ago

Finally got back on ladies!! So sick of my internet..Goes out at the worst time!!

Stillfun..Glad u made it through the D&C..Ive def been thinkin about ya..hoping everything was ok..I hope ur body can get back to normal soon so u can get back to TTC..Hopefully u can find out why that baby didnt develop properly..Hope the bleeding and headaches stop soon..Take it easy

NorthernBaby..Was hoping to see a BFP for you when I came back...sorry got you..and Im sooooo very sorry to hear about ur aunt..that is just crazy!! How is ur cousin?? Prayers are w u and your family..Take care

Mel...High five for such good CM..Come to think of it dnt think Ive had that good of CM( where you can see it when u wipe) in forever! Even tho ur hubby has azoo i will def keep my fingers crossed for you..Crazier things have happened..How many puppies do u have and what kind? Bet they sure do keep u busy Take care

Welcome to the thread Supersue..Fingers crossed for your TWW..I think Stillfun said that she laid on her tummy after BD'D cause of the retro uterus and that helped her..Good Luck

AFM..Not alot to talk about..ovulating today or tomorrow..Not doin any OPKs this mth..Havin a bad attitude after gettin my hopes up last mth..Hopefully Ill be able to stay in contact but if not best of luck to all of u!! Ill be thinking about ya

User Image

11 years ago

Mel, your puppies are so cute. I was worried about the mama before she had them as she looked way too big, lol. Hope you find great homes for them all.

Welcome supersue! My hubby and I started out "trying but not really" too when we first started...and then baby fever really hit. So I totally know what you mean! It might be a good idea to get the SA done sooner than later, so you know what you are dealing with. Especially if you are a worrier like me!

Nice to hear from you again AJZ - hope you got a couple BDs in at least this cycle. You never know - some people say that the cycle they were taking a break on was the lucky one...

stillfuntryin, sorry that you're still getting bleeding and cramping. Yuck. I hope it goes away soon and you can start trying again.

Thanks girls for your well-wishes and thoughts. I wasn't all that close with my aunt and cousin, but it's still quite a shock. And I'm regretting not spending more time with them. My cousin is stable now, and the brain swelling is going down. They're hoping she'll come out of the coma soon and they're going to do an MRI to see what kind of damage there is. So sad though - their car hit another one and the driver of it was killed too. It was caused by black ice on the highway. All this on top of my nephew just getting a new kidney (from my sister) and worrying about them for the past couple weeks. And I'm stuck up here in nowhere-ville and can't see any of my family. Blah!

User Image

11 years ago

Back to town tommorow YAY

Welcome supersue, Yes try lying on your belly or with your butt in the air, you look super silly but i didnt it for the first time on the cycle i got pregnant, i also used Robitussen for my CM, I started out like you too, i was just sorta getting O dates but never made a fuss on BDing on the right days i just kept track, i might have only done it once in that week but after i got the bug i went silly, i was using saliva test's, OPK's, checking cervix, temping and all other crazy stuff so trust me it get worse, i def think you should get the SA done sooner rather than later as Northerbabydream say's, i would hate for you to be waisting precious baby making time, there could be nothing wrong, i got preg the cycle after we found out there was nothing wrong with DH i dont know if it was just a fluke or it was ment to be but so many things were different about that cycle, i changed so much in what i was doing and being positive about DH's sperm and knowing if that cycle didnt work we were moving forward at the clinic, i wish you the best of luck!

Northernbabydream- i feel you on the being so fricken far from anywhere and having shit go wrong, it's totally crap and my heart goes out to you all this stress isnt good, keep your chin up dude

AJ- nice to see you back! i was wondering where you had gotten to! I did the same thing as you some times but never followed through, i would be all " im not testing this month i dont care when i O" but it allways got the better of me i would have to scratch that itch...

Mel- It would be good to find someone who could provide a few sample a month for you guys to use and little to no cost, surley there has got to be someone who is NORMAL that would do it LOL, How are your puppys any homes yet? are you going to keep mom?

AFM- I am getting A little better, my temps are starting to get to a normal range before O so i hope my hormones are going down, i have looked at tonnes od FF charts after a MC and most women seem to O on CD 25 for some reason, i hope thats the case with me DH will be back from his fishing trip then!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: sorry you have to go back to town tomorrow but fingers crossed everything is good to go. So does this mean you will know the results of the placenta test? I hope so. Good luck! Oh and yes we will most likely be keeping mama. My Dh has decided he wants to keep her. Now me I'm a little iffy as I have to take care of all the animals lol!

Northernbabydreams: thank you! So far I may have homes for 3 maybe even 4 of them, we shall see they still have about 7 weeks to go so anything could happen. I'm so sorry about everything going on in your family. It's that damn law of three it always brings the worst of it. I hope things start getting better for you and your family soon!

Ajzisman: thank you! Mama is a chihuahua. We found her on the streets pregnant so we aren't sure what the puppies are but hopefully within the next couple weeks we will start to figure it out. Lol. There was 5 of them so this def. wasn't little mamas first rodeo. Poor thing! I try to avoid OPKs when I'm on a break too its hard lol.

Supersue: WELCOME! Congrats on your wedding coming up! There is NO way I would've wanted to be pregnant while planning a wedding, it's so stressful already but at the same time I understand how difficult it is to put aside your baby fever and try to focus on something else. (It doesn't work) lol! I agree with the others it might be best to get your Dh checked now. My Dh had cancer and when I wasn't pregnant within 6 months I had him get checked. I figured why waste the time and then even once we got the devastating news that my Dh didn't have anything then it took my Dh a full year before he was ready to begin again. If I had waited I'd be 6 more months behind right now. (Not that I've gotten anywhere but I have learned a lot the last year we've been trying) also my Dh was told he had a lot of Semen but no sperm. Which I thought was weird but its a good thing if your Dh has alot as that is what helps the swimmers get where they need to be. If there are swimmers in there they won't fall out. What's coming out is just the semen. Unless maybe your vagina is too acidic or unfriendly to the sperm. They can find that out in a post coital test. Fingers crossed that everything is great and that you get your BFP soon.

Afm: Dh won't budge on starting again until after the holidays. He said we've been focusing on it for a year and he needs a couple months. I tried to explain its not that easy for me to take a break and I get ovulation cramps and AF but I don't think he understood. I guess a friend of his said he was willing to help us and we are thinking of asking his brother in Montana to maybe help us. So it looks like when we do start again it will be with fresh YEAH! I know that that will give us better results and save us tons of money so I'm going to try to focus on the holidays and my furbabies and try to not bug Dh until Jan. but then I'm going to talk his ear off lol, he told me today that I should make a notebook full of all my ideas on baby stuff and what I want/don't want to do when we begin again that way I can get everything on paper and won't be bugging him until he gives the ok. Lol! Goodness I hope I can get my mouth shut that long. Lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Aaahhh mel i am so glad you came up with an exam like the rest of us LOL
I dont think i could forget about TTC for that long i take my hat off to you, even after this terrible loss all i can think about is timming and Oing and tablets and Robitussen (ha of all things stupid robitussen it's gross) Its all i can think about is starting again and my next BFP! i am gettin impaitent now just waiting for my cycles to go back to normal..... and it only been 1 week hahahahahahah

11 years ago

Mel..DUH!! Im such a dork..completely forgot about your rescue dog..cant believe she had 5....I bet they are sooo cute! Good thing u dnt live here cuz id be trying to take one..lol Im sure its hard to wait through the holidays but ur hubby sounds so sweet telling you make a list of the things you want..we hardly ever speak of baby making like its just impossible..and he never really encourages me to make a dr appt..like "oh well if ya dont" maybe its really not meant to be for us,,

NorthernBaby..Sure is alot to deal with in ur family right now.. I really hope it gets better soon..Ill keep in u in my prayers..Only 1 BD this cycle for me..Im def in a funk..Im sure Ill be back at it soon..

Stillfun..Well I finally found u on FB and sent a request..I dnt get on too much but would like to put a face to u ladies..I really wish I could be so dedicated as you on gettin pregnant and figuring things out..Makes me think sometimes I really dnt deserve it cuz I never do anything about it...I gotta change that or it will never happen..Well I sure hope ur O waits for hubby to get back I hope ur feeling better and better everyday! Take it easy

User Image

11 years ago

Hi Girls!!
Well we are now FRIENDS AJ!!!!! I sent a suggestion for the other two girls so its easier, AARRGGHHH my boobs are aching today WTF!! I thourgth this shit was over..... Packing the car for my second last trip to town for 3 months!! Can you beleive we wont see another soul for 3 months in a few weeks! It will be so great, we even got a tub yesterday that we feed cattle supplement into to fill up with water so we have a swimming pool over the wet season, i am so looking forward to chrissy day just me and Ken sitting in out massive plastic tub full of water drinking a beer! (that's if i dont get preggo by then fx i do!) I am wonder what this sore boob business is, i cant figure out why unless AF is coming.... i never got sore boobs around O time and i think its way to early for that and besides i did and OPK yesterday just to check but i plan on BDing tonight anyway it's our first day after to D&C that we can, Doc only said to wait 1 week and today is 1 week, hhmmmm i might go do another opk just to check!

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo