Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1301 - 1310 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

I was with my kids' father for 14 years before our divorce and have been with my current DH for over 3 years. I'm 35 and too old to put up with much BS. I was single for a few years before he came along and I managed just fine....
Stillfun, wonder why the ovacue doesn't work right for you? Its amazing how much money we have spent over the years to get pregnant when you think about it.

User Image

10 years ago

hoping: I'm so sorry for all your going through. Your hubby sounds like my step dad growing up lol! Me and my sister were very much the STEP children and although I know he loved us he was very strict and took out all his anger on us (even to the point of abusive) but when he was nice he was the best. Many times I wanted my mom to leave him but at the same time I knew my sister and brother (their combined children) needed him and he was always very good to my mom. Now that I'm an adult my step dad has softened ALOT and I have a whole new respect for him and he has told me (secretly) that I have always been his favorite lol! I really wish I had some advice for you. Things may change and work out for the best. But I do know from experience your current children would always feel like you loved him more and resent you if he stayed this way and you had children that were "his" it does change things but that doesn't mean it will stay that way and doesn't mean that later everyone won't be happy. he has a lot on his plate right now as do you it could just be stress. I agree he shouldn't take it out on your children. Its all so tough. Maybe a break from TTC would do some good. Maybe plan a family trip to help everyone reconnect!

stillfun: Not sure what we are doing as far as a donor. We have talked so many things but haven't committed to anything yet. its really frustrating! I figured out this month that the days you set your cycle for make a HUGE difference on the ovacue. I started it at 34 days (which is what I normally have it at) and thought I saw a cue peak but it didn't pick up so I changed my days to 29 and all the sudden I ended up with a high fertility day then I kept getting med blue days changed my cycle days back to 34 and it all changed again I've had high fertility days for a week now. lol! let me know how the clearblue monitor goes. have you seen the new clearblue ovulation kits! They are AMAZING!!!

Anastasia: You need to wear that baby fat proudly!!! lol! can't wait to hear all about your appt.

AFM: OK so I thought I had Od this month but every night I keep getting med. blue days and everyday I say I'm going to tell Dh that we are still in and then I think no because I know I will O and it will be too late. Well tonight I got another high fertility day and I got a blinking smiley on my OPK which means that I'm highly fertile. So I'm hoping tomorrow when my dh gets home I can talk him into something. His friend that was going to help us is of course working tomorrow. (I wonder if it would be hard for him to do his business at the firestation) lol! So I don't know what choices we could possibly have but I've never had my Ovacue numbers be so low for so long and my OPKs work so I'm taking this as a sign we need to do something! lol!

HAPPY 4TH of JULY!!! :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Hey girls! I'm having a rough day today. I really thought I could talk my dh into doing an insem today. But he came home really grouchy because he only got 2 hours of sleep last night at the station and last night some drunk guy hit his truck in the parking lot and took off and they had to chase the guy down. So after work he had to go to AAA and deal with all that. So needless to say he didn't want to discuss baby stuff at all Just said he thought we were waiting until Jan. (which I told him we can't and I won't) A couple hours ago I got my solid OPK face too so I know its close and tomorrow being sat. everything will be closed anyways. I'm just so depressed I was hoping to be in the tww when I got up to VA next week for my sisters delivery. I think it would've made it easier for me to know that I might possibly be preggo too. I know its bad but I don't even want to go to VA. I love my sister and I'm trying to be happy for her but I'm also still pissed and jealous. I feel like I'm just going to be a huge mess while I'm up there and no one will understand. I want to cry just thinking of it but if I don't go then everyone will give me a hard time too. I feel like I just can't win. Sorry for being a downer. I just needed to vent. :(

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

That's ok Mel its totally fine to fell like that, I'm sick of hearing my friend winge about her pregnancy, its driving me nuts

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

where is everyone?!! lol! So strangest thing Friday I tried to go in for an IUI but of course couldn't get in due to it being Friday and no one wanting to answer phones and such. so I thought I'm for sure out theres no hope. Well today I used my Ovacue and it says I'm still High fertility. My V readings haven't gone up at all!! So now I'm thinking I can go tomorrow. Now I wish I would've had CLI ship some DS but I thought there was no way I could get it Monday and not have O'd. I'm keep trying to tell my DH that I've never had a cycle like this and it because we are supposed to insem this month. lol! Do you all think I should try to push it until Tues. so I can stick with CLI or should I go through all the paperwork to sign up at the bank 2 hours away tomorrow morning so that I can get an IUI tomorrow. It would be hard but I think doable. Oh and I booked my plane ticket to VA I will be leaving the 13 for two weeks. That would help ease the TWW for sure huh?! Oh heres my chart what do you think Stillfun? http://www.ovagraph.com/cycles/32547/533868/chart

10 years ago

Wow, congrats Anastasia!!! That's so exciting! I just got back from sailing on Sat night and haven't read through much here yet but I had to check to see if you indeed got a BFP. Hope everything is going well!

Glad you had a good vacation away with hubby Mel! Hope you can get an insem in time. I have no idea what option is best - I really hate trying to guess what our bodies are doing! Don't feel bad about your mixed feelings about your sister's pregnancy. We all know how hard it is to deal with.

Hoping, sorry that things aren't going well with your hubby. He sounds like the "tough guy" type that won't talk about his feelings? Like stillfun said, it could be something entirely unrelated that he's taking out on the two of you. I hope you can get him to sit down and have a calm conversation about it. I think he also needs to know that it's not ok for him to treat your daughter like that and that you are serious about not putting up with his crap.

Stillfun, I hope those vitamins make a difference! Good luck this cycle!

AFM, I think I might be out already for this cycle. I'm on CD 12 or 13 now but I think I might have O'ed early on CD 9 because my temps have gone up since then and I have had spotting on and off starting on CD 9. I also only had EWCM on CD 8 or 9. Very weird for me to O so early though, but it could have had something to do with being out on the water. Anyhow, if it was early then I missed it. Kinda hard to BD when stuck on a small boat with other people. I haven't been worrying too much about ttc this few weeks, and it feels kinda good to take a break. I go to the clinic next month and I'll get back on track then. Sailing was great - we were out for nearly 3 weeks and it flew by. Didn't have the best weather but we did fine and it's good to know that we can handle bad conditions.

User Image

10 years ago

Mel your chart looks good for not Oing yet :) im not sure what your best option is but any way to get some spermies up there is best I think :)
Northern im glad your trip was good and you handled the bad weather well, I get bad air sickenss in the chopper so I guess I would suck out on the water LOL

AFM the Ovacue said CD 12 my temps were on the decline and I got a pos OPK on CD12 I bd CD12 and 13 but I got my lowest BBT temp today (cd14) which has usually ment O but my V reading spiked yesterday by over 100 and my OPKs arent that dark anymore so as far as my OvaCue is concerned I Od yesterday and as far as BBT I O'd today, im not sure which one to believe.... HAs my BBT allways been wrong? MY CM matched up with the OvaCue, its cramy/sticky now so its probably too late to BD now and I have been super busy and tierd the last 2 days so BDing is the last thing I am thinking about at 8pm and its the same for DH. So I hope I did infact O yesterday that means I BD twice in my high fertile time :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Mel your chart looks good for not Oing yet :) im not sure what your best option is but any way to get some spermies up there is best I think :)
Northern im glad your trip was good and you handled the bad weather well, I get bad air sickenss in the chopper so I guess I would suck out on the water LOL

AFM the Ovacue said CD 12 my temps were on the decline and I got a pos OPK on CD11 I bd CD11 and 12 but I got my lowest BBT temp today (cd14) which has usually ment O but my V reading spiked yesterday by over 100 and my OPKs arent that dark anymore so as far as my OvaCue is concerned I Od yesterday and as far as BBT I O'd today, im not sure which one to believe.... Has my BBT allways been wrong? MY CM matched up with the OvaCue, its cramy/sticky now so its probably too late to BD now and I have been super busy and tierd the last 2 days so BDing is the last thing I am thinking about at 8pm and its the same for DH. So I hope I did infact O yesterday that means I BD twice in my high fertile time :)

10 years ago

Sometimes my temp didn't go up until 2 days after O, I had noticed. So maybe the ovacue is right? Good Luck!

I'm CD25 and 10 dpo today. Temp still high. This site thinks I just O'd on cd22. Completely not possible. I O'd on cd 15. I haven't taken temps every day because I just haven't been that into it this month. But wouldn't it be just my luck to finally get it .......

User Image

10 years ago

Thank Northern! Ultrasound on Monday at 8 weeks, cant wait to see baby and see heartbeat!
GL Stillfun 2 times the BD twice as likely!!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo