Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

81 - 90 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Melc2808, i feel your pain!

Got my fertility app on friday i leave for Cairns on thursday! get all my blood results then too! I just wrote this big long story and my stupid computer decided to delete it is i will cut it short his time! My mum is trying to help with the situation but i find my self getting very upset when she is offering her advice, maybe because she had no problem falling preg she had 3 children and 2 abortians ( eww horrilbe word) she keeps saying do this and do that and i know she is only trying to help be she doesnt understand that it is so dissapointing and exsausting every time AF shows and you think you have done your best or she wil say i know plenty of people who stoped doing 1 thing and got preg ( how do i know what to stop if i knew i would) or i know plenty of people who got preg when they stopped trying, does she know how hard it would be to stop trying! it's almost like giving up and im not ready to give up on my family! i suppose she will never fully understand but at least she is supporting me!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: I know exactly how your feeling. Not because my mom but it just seems like everyone around me who finds we are having trouble conceiving offers up advice and I hear the same thing they knew a couple who this or they did that. I just tell people for us there is no not thinking about II and to stop trying would mean to accept no children as we can only have them with medical help. It's very hard. I'm sorry your dealing with this maybe you should sit and have a talk with your mom and tell her how you feel. Weird though my mom had 4 kids and 2 abortions. Then she adopted two she says she's made everything right now lol!

Afm: doctor made me go in for a blood test today regardless of the fact I think it's too early and wanted to wait. He has me marked as 12dpo I have me as 11dpo. But shouldn't the blood test be at 14dpo. That's normally when he does it not sure why he pushed it. Anyways, Waiting to get his phone call but its been a long time I'm worried that means bad news. Fingers crossed he's just been really busy.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

melc2808- Im so excited for you, i wouldnt think he would put off telling you because it's neg, he is just probably busy . Have you seen how many people have viewed this page it's like 758 of somthing, I say HI to all the people reading our posts you can join in at any time your DH doesnt need to have a problem to be able to share your story with us
Not sure what day to start with the opk's, what if im not ovulating? do you still get a LH surge if you dont ovulate?
thats what one of the bloods i did was to test if i was ovulating ( i think) it was progestersone what is that? Crumbed steak for dinner! looking forward to it! LOL

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

I agree, its hard to hear everyones suggestions. I know your mom only ment that by stopping and not trying you would ideally stop stressing. I'm sure its hard for her to see her daughter struggle and stress every month, and not be able to do anything to help you. As much as we love our mom's and their support, it doesn't mean it doesn't mean they don't dive us crazy with all the suggestions. We are trying our best. My mom keeps telling me how fertile her side is, implying that it should be so easy for me... which drive me nuts bc it's obviously not!

MelC: I'm surprised your doctor had you get bloodwork this early too... hopefully it's a good sign!! i'm checking this board so frequently hoping to hear you got your BFP!!

Stillfuntrying: I haven't tried the opk's. I think if this cycle doesn't work, i'm going to take more extreme measures!! I think the progesterone is something you take after you ovulate to help with the thickness of the lining of your uterus. I could be wrong though as I didn't take it. I wish i could answer some of these questions... hopefully someone else watching this thread can...??

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: you should start your OPKs on day 8 at least that's when he always had me start on my clomid cycles. I believe you can still get an LH surge even without ovulating and yes progesterone is what the check.to not only see if you ovulated but see if it was a strong or weak ovulation. Dinner sounds delicious! Lol!

Well I'm out this month my blood test was negative and I POAS again this morning and it was also a BFN. Not sure if I will give it another go or not. I have decided if we do we will be switching drs. and donors but I'm not sure I can take anymore heart break. I thought I was going to get pregnant quickly this route. It's so frustrating. Happy fourth everyone. At least I can enjoy a drink or two at the baseball game tonight lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

MelC: Your RE had you start Clomid on day 8?? That's interesting... I started on day 3! I'm so sorry this is not your cycle :( im so upset for you. I'm really sorry for you and your DH. With each bfn I got so depressed, I can completely understand where you are, and I'm here for you!

DD - born 9/1/13 ME: FXPOI ER on 4/19/15. Clomid, Bravil, Menipure, 5 collected, 4 fertilized, only 2 6day blasts.

11 years ago

Jmcandrew: no I started clomid day 3 but started my OPKs on day 8 sorry for the confusion. I will say this is the most difficult bfn I have had normally I know it didn't work before the test andi Im able to just accept it but this month I think I had my hopes a little too high. I really am feeling done right now I haven't seen anything that makes me think I can conceive and here I am throwing money away each month. I'm not sure I can take anymore failed attempts. Sorry for being a Debbie downer over here. I'm sure in a couple days I'll be ready to get back on the horse so to speak. I hope that everyone if doing well and that a bfp pops up soon!

11 years ago

Melc2808- I was thinking about you all morning and couldnt wait to check your status to see if you got your BFP, Im so sorry to hear, It sucks so much!
I feel sad for you, must be because i had a glimmer of hope that one of us would get a BFP i feel we have all become resonably close and it's like knowing a friend is sad and you cant comfort her! Big hugs from across the world to you melc2808, i wish i could take the pain away. I did the same thing with the I dont want to try anymore ( I know it's a different situation ) and then come my next cycle i was ready to jump back on that TTc horse again (pitty i keep falling off the darn thing LOL ). maybe a different Doc and donor might be a good thing! just a change might change alot.
Jmcandrew- My mum says the same thing my sis alos had to abortions at a young age and it seem everyone else in my family just has to look at a penis and they get preg, I sorta want the problem to be with me so my partner doesnt have to feel he isnt man enough to do the job, i know that is how he is feeling now, I would quite gladly take the infertility bullet for him!
she is getting the picture that although she is only trying to help me, it's also a very sensitive subject and i am doing all that i can to conceive.
Im hoping for your BFP!

11 years ago

http://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test-gallery/my-pregnancy-test34941

can you girls tell me what you think? Do you think its a positive? Could the blood test have been early?

Stillfuntryin: Thank you so much for the kind words. I feel very close to you girls as well. Too bad we are all so far apart or we could get together for a glass of wine lol! I've been on such a rollercoaster this week I sure could use one lol!

11 years ago

MelC: How are you feeling? I understand exactly, this month (more then any other) i have my hopes really high... i'm so scared it might not work...

me: Today is 8dpo. and I feel pretty normal.. but the past two days (6 & 7dpo) i was very crampy... but i don't think it was like AF, not exactly. i had some sharp stabbing pains on just one side that came and went all day, and bloating and mild cramp/pressure that lasted both days.. either way i'm not due for my AF for another week.. sooo i'm praying it's implantation cramps... this is THE ONLY CYCLE i've had cramps like this so early. I feel like every other "symptom" could be my mind playing tricks on me. I have gas, my back hurts more then usual, and my breasts are a little sore to the touch, not painful, kinda like i did too many push ups or something.. but i never get sore breasts so that alerted me... but it could be nothing. No nausea, nothing that's making me get to excited.

Does anyone else tell their DH ever little symptom? I'm like scared to tell him, bc i don't even want to acknowledge it, especially if its just in my head.

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo