Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1601 - 1610 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Thanks northern, I'm not hopeful that ic has looked like that for 3 days...

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Hey all, a lot has gone on since I have been away.

Stillfun, wow! Good luck I def seen a line. Keep us posted.

Northern good luck to you too on your IUI tomorrow, sounds good that your lining thickened.

Mel, so they match race and such and you do all your medical testing and then what happens?

Hoping I do really hope the stuff you have your man on helps count. Gotta say though he should really get tested, could alleviate some stress if you know what you are working with.

AFM: So much going on... getting ready for Christmas, have bought next to nothing, so not like me I am usually done a month in advance. Have not sent cards or even finished cards yet! A little stressed on the Christmas front, to top it off funds are super low so I have to be real careful how much I spend, normally I don't go nuts anyways I set a budget and stick to it, but it is less this year.
still getting ready for baby, I am over 30 weeks now[lol] [lol] [lol] Like wow! Still in the process of refinishing two dressers which will be gorgeous when done but not getting there nearly fast enough for my liking. One is for LO and I wont feel completely ready until I have a dresser with some clothes in it and some diapers.to put on him/her. I think we have the names picked out, but DH is a little funny when it comes to names and he thinks we have all the time in the world when we have just over 65 days if I go exactly to due date. And I am turning 30 this month too! [party] Can't believe it!

K gonna go read a little so I can get some sleep, busy day tomorrow.

[baby_dust] to everyone

User Image

10 years ago

stillfun: I'm so sorry. I know chemical pregnancies are really common but it seems you've had more than anyone should. I don't think it would hurt to let your doctor know and just see what they say.

Anastasia: I am so behind on shopping too!!! I can't believe you are already 30 weeks. Boy does time fly!! So your waiting for the baby to be born to find out the gender? Wow I don't think I could wait that long lol! Sounds exciting though! I know I'm not pregnant but my dh won't ever discuss baby names. the only one he ever said he liked was Emily unfortunately I know a ton of people with kids named Emily and although I love it I just can't get myself to name my child a name that is SO crazy popular here. :) He never likes any of my other names I randomly through out. lol! I think that will be tough for us haha! After the clinic matches us and I'm in then if its a fresh cycle they will place me on meds to sync me with the egg donor or frozen they will have me do it based on the week they give me then we will have two beautiful embryos placed in and wait to test. :) If it doesn't work then we are placed back on the list and wait to be matched again but it's going to happen the first time. ;)

northern: YEAH!!! I'm so happy to hear you are able to move forward with the IUI after all. Maybe you'll have a Christmas miracle!!!! :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Mel, I am so excited for you - I cannot wait til you get started! If you can get started with the acupuncture too, or even get a copy of that book - The Infertility Cure - I think it would help too. Lots of stuff in it about preparing your body for pregnancy. I wish I'd started on all that stuff sooner but I didn't know! Also if you can find a Traditional Chinese Practitioner, or Doctor of Chinese Medicine, they would be more knowledgeable than an acupuncturist, and try to find a clinic that specializes in infertility or at least reproductive issues.

Anastasia, you're getting so close! Can't wait to see the little bub! I'm totally behind on xmas stuff too. Don't even have a tree or lights up yet, lol. I gotta get moving on it as we're having a staff xmas party at our house on Friday night. I'm trying not to stress about it though.

2014 is going to be a great year girls!! If this cycle works, I'll know in time for new years - would be the best new years ever!

User Image

10 years ago

Wow Anastasia!! your sssoooo close, I don't even know how you could wait for the gender! Im too impatient LOL

Northern! Im super excited for you, this is it! I just know it, there is no reason why it wont work, they just need that little extra help and after being washed you don't have any duds swimming around! We wouldn't get enough decent ones to even consider IUI. Let us know how it all goes! I think it would be much like an embryo transfer! I was very uncomfortable during mine but its a little more full on having a live emby, everything has to be done perfect! If not they wont survive.

Mel I wonder if we will be doing our ETs togther? mine will be mid Feb, how cool would that be! It so exciting we are all doing something.
I don't want to tell the clinic because it may impact my FET, I would hate for them to cancel it because of DHs dodgy sperm, I could almost guarantee that is why it keep happening! And I suppose that is why I sort of didn't want to try naturally anymore but cant help myself! I have read up on Morphology and what effects it can have and early pregnancy loss is a big one, so it all makes sense, I figure the IVF cycle was a damaged embryo that couldn't complete the implantation process, all it takes it from the catheter and she is all over.

Review appointment with the clinic tomorrow! I hope my plan run smoothly! I didn't even bother testing today as my temp was low again, I am confident it wasn't crappy tests because I tested with them before O and I had faint lines on FRERs
I have a sneaking suspicion the ken might pop the question for chrissy! When we went away he said Santa has been very nice to you this year, and I said ooohh I have been a good girl, he said nope you have just had a really shitty year! And all I can find Is one pressie and I have seen him trying to hide the other, he wont let me check his bank details until after chrissy so I don't find out what it is! I hope so its been nearly 9 years LOL I wont be disappointed if he doesn't but, I still love him to bits :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Oh Good luck with the hopeful Christmas present stillfun! Its seems so real for the rest of you since you are moving to more technology....that isn't an option for me so I just hope hope hope! I would even welcome a chemical if only to show that it CAN happen! I am CD 28 today (12dpo). Had some teeny tiny amt of pink spotting last night when I wiped and this morning just some brownish discharge when I wiped. Now its gone......so I caved and checked with a cheap dollar store test this evening and.....BFN. Has cramps ALL day thinking AF was starting. Poo.........[confused]

User Image

10 years ago

Oh hoping, too bad! There's still a chance though, until AF shows for real. I know what you mean about a chemical - at least you can feel like you're making it that far. Hang in there girl.

Stillfun, that makes sense about the morphology and the chemicals. Fingers crossed that the FET does the trick! And holy, that's so exciting about your suspicion! And yes, after 9 years, it's about time, lol. My "hubby" and I aren't actually married either but we might as well be. We've been together 8 years and a couple years ago we started calling each other hubby and wife, lol.

AFM, we made it throug the IUI, barely! It was really hard for my DH - he had to do it at the clinic in a tiny room. I came in with him but not sure I was of any help. Anyhow, we got 35 mill. motile swimmers! I was floored. Crazy amount compared to the first SA that was done. the IUI hurt a bit but it was over pretty quick. Got some cramping for the first 10 mins and then on and off tonight. I'm spotting a bit too and a bit of fluid coming out. Apparently this is normal. I asked for a prescription for progesterone too, just in case that might help. Fingers crossed!!! So glad it's over with though. This has been a really rough cycle with the side effects. I seemed to react really badly to the trigger shot.

User Image

10 years ago

Holy moly northern 35 mill, you must be happy with that. Did they make you lay down after?
I'm sorry hoping, I do feel some sort of satisfaction even with chemicals, weird but I know you understand.
I'm on my ph feeding little daisy, she is the cutest!! Gotta go but I'm really excited for you northern.

10 years ago

northern: YEah for the IUI!! I'm glad you and you DH were able to make it happen and 35 million sounds like a great number. Sperm banks only guarantee 10-15 million frozen sperm. I hope that this is it for you!!!

Stillfun: that would be so great if we got to have our transfers around the same time. I'm not sure if you said but did they do ICSI? I think with ICSI they can pick out the better swimmers but I know it normally costs a good deal more (here anyway) were told we would have to have ICSI done with frozen sperm because they didn't swim as well. I hope your appointment goes well!! That is so exciting your think Ken might pop the question for Christmas!! YEAH!! I hope he does that would be SO exciting! You def. deserve it!!!

Northern: Thank you!!!! I will def. look into the book as well as Chinese practitioner. :) I think your right and that 2014 is going to be the lucky year!!! So exciting!!!!

hoping: I am so sorry. I understand your getting to the point of wanting a chemical just to make sure things can happen. As bummed as I was when I had mine it did show me my body was working. If only I could've been lucky enough to get pregnant right after my chemical like many do. I hope that things work out soon hoping. You deserve it!!!

AFM: I'm still waiting for a phone call. I saw a lady post on the CC forums that she just sent in her history form and that they were going to see if the doctor had had a chance to look at her file yet and I'm a little annoyed since I was told they were waiting for the January calendar and sent mine in before her. I would really like have a consultation soon so I could fly out there in January during my winter break. I know they are really unorganized and I'm thinking maybe I will call down there tomorrow and see if I can get them to figure it out sooner.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Yeah Mel we did icsi, we don't have enough normal sperm to do normal ivf, it cost an extra $800 but has a 80% fert rate and we got 5 out of 6, the way I see it is if there aren't enough normal sperm to do ivf its pretty unlikely we will conceive a normal pregnancy on our own! Always remember that perfection can't be rushed lol

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo