Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

2161 - 2170 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

WOOHOO hoping!! You in the TWW!! Cramping might be from the smaller follies, didi they tell you how many you had under 15mm?
Get AF yet Northern?

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

9 years ago

Yeah, sorry, I thought I had posted, lol. I got AF yesterday and called the clinic to discuss options. I think I have a plan!

What we're going to do is get a sperm sample frozen, which with his count, will give 3 samples for IUI apparently. This means we can do one collection now and this will be good for this cycle, and for June (if I'm here) and for July, regardless of where DH is. If I end up getting the job, I'm going to consider doing IVF in July when I am back here anyhow. Considering that I'll be making more money, it won't be much of an extra expense.

I'm just waiting to hear back from the clinic so I can find out of I can go ahead with injectibles and to confirm the plan. I'm not positive that my extended will cover the drugs and without insurance, the Puregon alone is $600. I'm afraid to call my insurance company to ask, and think I'm just going to take the risk and hope that they cover it. They covered my previous drugs no problem.

Hoping, I hope the cramping settles down. Are you going to test out the trigger this cycle?

User Image

9 years ago

Had 3 follies, only had 1 under 15mm at the midcycle scan. 11.7, 18.4, & 20.3. I O'd 2 days later so it may have been right at 15. Who knows, maybe that little one's egg was mature enough to fertilize also.

I hope we got the timing better this time. 35 hrs vs 16 hrs from trigger. I tease Greg about us getting twins this time. There was a deer walking across the field from our house the other day with 2 little fawns hopping along behind her. I think its an omen

I am testing out my trigger this time. Its 4 days past trigger now and I still have a pretty good line showing on HPT. Good luck Northern! Its got to happen for us sooner or later

User Image

9 years ago

Hi a just a quick ck in on my phone!! Everything sounds great for all. Stillfun & Mel are close to being in 2nd trimese or already are depending on your thoughts on the calendar :)
Hoping fx for you! Northern great planning and sounds like ivf might be a good way to go.
AFM stillfun you say his name like "hi"!! I gef a lot of cage and kash pronunciations lol and someone was asking me about post baby workouts, from what i know after the 6 week ck up you should be good to go, keep in mknd though only do what uou feel you can.
Been crazy busy, Kaj is now over 14lbs!! Annika has preschool grad at the end of the month :-) anyways gotr go i will ck back soon ttys

User Image

9 years ago

I thought it was pronounced that way Anastasia, I'm nearly 15 weeks so I'm def in the second Trimester :) I feel pretty good!! And i think Mel is in her second now too!!
Northern the prospect of you doing IVF is so exciting!! Having it work for 2 of us now i think its a sure bet!! Finances can be troublesome but when you have come this far i think it really doesn't matter! Over in the CMP thread there are preggo girls there that can't really afford to buy stuff for their bubs, i feel a little sorry for them because I'm going ALL OUT!!!! If i want it I'm getting it! I have waited way too long for this baby to not make the best of it LOL, i bought a bunch of cloth diapers yesterday so i can't wait to get them!!
Hoping i wouldn't thing the one at 15mm would be mature enough but you never know :) stranger things have happened! Could be three LOL

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

9 years ago

I'm still all over the place with IVF and DH is too - though it does make sense if I get that job. We really don't want to do it, but if it's the last resort, then I may end up doing it. It's a mental thing I think mostly, that I need to get over. It really is encouraging though, given how it's worked for you two, Mel and stillfun. I still keep reading stories of people doing 2 or 3 IVF cycles and then getting pregnant with IUI. That would be so maddening!

Now that I've interviewed for that job though, I don't think I'll get it or accept it. The drive from where DH will be living will be almost 2 hours each way, and in arctic winter conditions. I'd have to stay in a hotel part of the time or rent a place in town. Just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I was hoping they'd let me work remotely partly because it's mostly a computer-based job, but they weren't too keen on that.

I'm CD 4 today and it looks like I'm taking clomid this cycle. I started it last night. They created a new protocol for me and I was supposed to also do Puregon injections but the pharmacy had to order it in and it won't be here in time. So, I'll do that next cycle if I need to. My insurance ended up covering most of it, so not a huge expense if I end up not needing it. DH was supposed to bank sperm before he leaves tomorrow but they don't have his bloodwork up to date so they can't do it until the results are in. ARG! Anyhow, he's back in a week for a few days and I've already told him he is going to be busy with an IUI and getting a sample for storage. Poor guy is starting to feel like all I need him for is his swimmers. Fingers crossed that he's back in time for an IUI!!!!

User Image

9 years ago

That sucks about the job, Northern. I hope all your timing works out this cycle.

AFM, 4 dpo today. I still feel very tender in the ovary /uterus area. I hope its not a cyst developing! I am also think i will get some vit B6 to start and hopefully lengthen my LP by a few days. I think 10 days isn't quite long enough. I am down to my last chance or one more tops so I want to try everything possible to make it work. Trigger was almost gone this morning (6dptr)

User Image

9 years ago

hoping, I agree - 10 days LP seems too short. Hope the B6 does the trick. You could try progesterone too, but best to try the vitamin first. Hope the tenderness is going away.

It sucks hey, knowing that you only have a few tries left before having to throw in the towel and stop trying? I hate it - I'm sure the pressure doesn't help any. My DH has reminded me a couple times this cycle that we need to start thinking about stopping trying since I had said we'd stop this spring and here I am asking him to bank sperm...

Anyhow, fingers crossed for you that this cycle works!

User Image

9 years ago

Well 6 dpo today. i think most of the tenderness is going away. Nipples are sore now. It seems to be moving around :) . I started the b6 over progesterone because of the care you have to take when stopping and stuff with the progesterone. I hope it helps!

User Image

9 years ago

Fingers crossed that you are implanting now, hoping!! And yeah, progesterone sucks.

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo