Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

2031 - 2040 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

I would think sex would be ok, just not rough sex. I never had a problem with it in my pregnancies. But then that was when it was easy to get pregnant and not these precious embryos who have taken so much time, effort and aggravation to get.
Done with the Clo! Having mostly hot flashes and night sweats. I am going to get some OPKs in the morning so I can drive myself insane with those for a while now and hope I last until sunday for the ultrasound and Monday for the insem. I don't know how you are standing it Northern! I can tell I am going to be testing out my Novarel and looking for a new line every day!!!!!!!!

Oh! and maybe one of yall know.......does clomid cause + OPKs? I have seen conflicting opinions

User Image

10 years ago

Glad you're done with the clomid hoping!

I don't think it causes false + OPKs, and I have heard of clinics relying on OPKs and not monitoring with ultrasound - never heard of this excluding those using Clomid.

I don't know why I'm not going insane, lol. Oddly calm this time around. I guess I'm just trying to maintain the thought that I won't find out until the beta on Saturday. I've become too afraid to use HPTs anyway I think. It's so much easier for me to get the quantitative beta results and know definitively, instead of driving myself insane trying to see a line that isn't there and wondering if it's too early, etc, etc.

User Image

10 years ago

I bought some OPKs just to keep an eye on things. CM is creamy now and not too much of it. Still getting twingy cramps in ovaries and lower back. My sperm has shipped and will arrive tomorrow, so at least it is there if I need it early. The OPK says Clomid will not affect the result. I hope we both get our babies this month Northern.

User Image

10 years ago

I hope so too hoping! That would be amazing!

Sounds like you are on track now with your CM and ovary twinges. You might experience more O pain this cycle since you'll have more follicles. I'm excited for you - your IUI is getting close!

AFM, everything still good! My boobies have grown a size in the last couple days though - I feel like I've had a boob job, lol. Not really feeling any cramps or anything. Today is the day that I tend to start spotting, so fingers crossed that I don't!

User Image

10 years ago

OPK today was VERY neg!

Sounds like good signs Northern!

User Image

10 years ago

Hoping: glad your ready in case you O early. The hot flashes were def. the worst for me with clomid. They are horrible!! I'm sure your right that sex won't affect anything I think IVF doctors just want their patients to. Be extra careful since they know we are putting our life savings into it. ;) can't wait until your insem :)

Northern: wow growing boobs are a great sign! I hope the spotting and AF stay far away! When's your beta?

Stillfun: the uterus doesn't pop out for everyone until 12 weeks? I guess everything prior could be bloating. I know I've had some pretty bloated days.

AFM: my mom just left. It's always so sad when she leaves. She's luckily decided to come back in June when my sister comes to visit so that made it a little easier. They are planning on moving the whole family back here after my sisters wedding so at least I have that to look forward to as well. Been feeling fine for the most part lately. I'm just ready to have a pregnant belly rather than a fat belly lol. My next ultrasound is on the 23rd and I can't wait!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Well, no still no spotting! Beta is on Saturday. I'm so hoping that this is it! Got some twinges tonight after lifting some heavy bags, so I'm trying to take it easy.

Sorry your mom left Mel, but it won't be long til you see her, and that's great you get to see your sister soon too! You should be showing by then too, right? That's great they are moving closer - it'll be nice to have her nearby after you have the little one.

Speaking of bloating, I've been way bloated feeling for the last few months. I'm beginning to think it's fat though, lol. Ive never had a belly like this - it sticks out like I'm 4 mos pregnant. Comes and goes but it's mostly been like this since I started the fertility meds and Chinese herbs. I also changed my diet and started eating meat again to follow the Chinese medicine recommendations so that could be it too.

User Image

10 years ago

Well, my shipment came in today. But luckily the nurse was paying attention . The bank sent the wrong specimen, so she called and they are overnighting the correct vials and she has to send the incorrect one back. Good lookin out!!
Very - opk again today

User Image

10 years ago

Good thing she checked it, hoping! That would have sucked if they'd waited until time for the IUI and then found out it was the wrong one.

User Image

10 years ago

Ok girls, I'm starting to get the tww crazies. I can't stop thinking about testing and am going nuts with the wait. Less than 48 hours to go, lol. I can't concentrate on anything, so I've been power cleaning the house instead of working.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo