Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1501 - 1510 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Oh sorry Mel! I know EXACTLY what you are talking about. My DH does that too but he phrases it like it was my idea that we divorce. His words are "just let me know what you want to do......but I am not living like this" I never mention him leaving, he does. But we argue over my kids. He never had any and I have been raising mine for 15 years....but he knows better how to raise them than me. The worse part is having to kinda walk on eggshells around him the next few days so I don't set him off again. THAT is the reason I bought my own house in the kids school district that I can afford on my own....so he can go back to his if he wants to!

Good luck stillfun! hope the tests are right this cycle (you have the worst luck with bad tests!!!!!)

AFM, I am 10 or 11 DPO. Have bad heartburn lately, feel full long after eating and developed a nice yeast infection yesterday for some reason. Fantastic.

User Image

10 years ago

Sorry Mel, I would hate for Ken to pull that shit on me, you may have to ell him to pull his head in and unless he is serious about D don't bring it up, a child shouldn't be bought into that sort of shit and he needs to know it.

Hoping glad to hear from you :) Goodluck

Well AF was 3 days late, and I woke up this morning with some pretty intense cramping, I still don't know if I was pregnant, I would like to think so but those tests were crap from the start! The only thing that had me hoping was my BBT, but I was thinking only yesterday that maybe the med cycle I did may have altered my LP a bit, I have always had a 11-12 day LP and today im 15DPO.
Oh well..........
Now on to some exciting news, I got my clinic to do up a out of pocket for IVF and we have to pay $9500 up front but OOP is only $4778, DH is on board, I bought up IUI with him lastnight that maybe we could try that first at $2600 and he sort of screwed his face up at that, I have to be in town and away from DH and paying for a hotel room for 3 weeks and that's a long time, BUT if IVF works it will be sssoooo worth it :)
I need to be in town in 21 days for bloods so we have that long to make our minds up, And I also said to DH lastnight that I haven't bought myself anything since I quit smoking in 2008, we worked out we were spending $7000 a year on smoking so we always said we could buy something a little expensive every year, DH buys motor bikes and guns and I have yet to spend my "no smoking" money and I think this is a great thing to splurge on :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun: Did AF show? Anymore testing? That really is such a great price for IVF I def. wouldn't waste my money on an IUI. oh man! So your going to have to it all by yourself? That sucks! I agree it will all be worth it in the end though. Keep us posted!

Hoping: OMG! my dh does that too. Matter of fact the very next day he brought it up asking if I still wanted a divorce. I was like I never brought that up, I married you forever. Sometimes I think guys just don't think. I sometimes wish I could afford my own place just for moments like that when I need to take some time but my paychecks aren't near enough. :/ a yeast infection is a great sign! def. not fun though.

AFM: things were a little awkward at home for a couple days. my dh tried to act as though the fight never happened but it was hard for me to let go but hes been at work for a couple days now and everything seems to be back to before the fight so I'm hoping tomorrow to be able to talk to him about the baby stuff but first I'm going to try to get him in an extra good mood. lol! Made an appt. for the fertility clinic for next Thursday to get a price on IVF and see if we can make it happen. I really want to try to make it happen in Jan, right after the holidays so I hope they are willing to work with us.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Good luck Mel!!! I posted a big reply last night but my comp dropped out as I posted it an it vanished LOL so I am writing again this morn, I hope you sort it all out with your DH, And he need to be on board!
I contacted my clinic yesterday for the Cd's I have to be in town for so I can price accommodation, It looks like we have gone form being in there for 3 weeks to 2, which is great news, I couldn't wait to tell dh and all I got was a yeah... no "oh that's good honey" or "that will work better" he just said well you have made up your mind, Yeah I have but he could act excited! I want him on board and I want to be able to go through this with him as I know there wil be a lot of ups and downs and there will probably be more downs than ups, And all he says last night was if this doesn't work im gonna punch someone in the face!! WHAT!!!!! you need to be realistic about this Kenny, I might not work and when it doesn't I don't want a "I told you so" and I just know that's how its going to go down, If I don't do It in November I probably wont get another chance because of work, I want this so bad and I know he want a baby too but I need him to want this like I do, I need him to back me up on my down days and not say "you wanted to do this so don't complain". I have to pick my times to talk about it to him or he will just shut me out, I haven't even got to the stage where he says "yes lets do it" and im not sure if I am, I think it will be more like "oh Ken im going to town next week to start IVF on my own" "I will see you there in a week"

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Another month bites the dust for me.....a little orange-y discharge today. :( poo........

User Image

10 years ago

I have started a vlog on YouTube here is the link if you want to check it http://youtu.be/O7Y0ocj4A1k

10 years ago

Hi everyone, I'm back!!

It hasn't been too busy on here! I was actually able to read through and get up to date on all of you. So bummed that there's no BFPs!!! I was so expecting to come back to see one.

Anastasia, that must be such a great feeling to feel the kicking! So glad things are going well. Looking forward to your next update! Have you tried looking on craigslist, Kijiji etc for maternity clothes? I always see lots on there for cheap. Also seems to be lots of baby stuff!

Mel, sorry you had a blowout fight with your hubby. It seems like all of us have to struggle with our partners over the fertility stuff. It's not easy to deal with and I think men handle it just so differently. Had more talks with mine over it too this last couple weeks. I really wish he wanted it as bad as I do, but I know he's more going along with it because he knows I want it and he wants me to be happy. He says he'd be happy if we had a child...I guess he just doesn't want to deal with this process at all. Maybe men take the infertility really personally, whereas we see it as a medical issue to be dealt with.

So exciting that both of you - Mel and Stillfun - are heading toward IVF!! Stillfun, I hope you don't need to move! Seems like you've settled in where you are.

AFM, I'm around 6DPO right now and going to my fertility clinic appointment today! We were actually able to sneak a couple BDs in while on the boat so have a chance this cycle after all. The trip was pretty grueling for the most part. 10 days of offshore sailing with 3 or 4 hour shifts each, 24 hrs a day, until we ducked in to shore to avoid bad weather, followed by another 3 days of 24 hr sailing closer to shore. Hit some bad weather at one point with thunderstorms and lightning all around us. We had super high winds and the sail got stuck out so we couldn't pull it in. The wind almost knocked the boat over. Was really glad to make it through that night! We made it to Ventura, CA, so not quite to San Diego. Weather was great when we got there though! I was loving the heat! The drive along Hwy 1 to San Fran was awesome! Mel, have you driven that Big Sur stretch? We would have loved more time but we only had a couple days to get to San Fran. Our tour of San Fran consisted of only a couple hours of stressed driving in rush hour traffic trying to find a hotel that didn't charge an arm and a leg at the last minute with no reservations. Saw the Golden Gate Bridge though and drove down some crazy narrow and steep streets, so I guess we saw the highlights.

I'll have another update tonight about my clinic appointment.

User Image

10 years ago

Ok so I had my clinic appt. It was only like 15 minutes, but basically I'm set up to take clomid this cycle, and hopefully do an IUI if we're able to before we leave on our next trip. It will likely be CD 15 that they'll do the IUI - the same day that we fly out (in the afternoon), so I don't know if it will be feasible to fit it in the morning that we leave...or even if I will O on time. Regardless, I guess it can't hurt to just have a medicated cycle and see how I react to the meds. I'll go in for ultrasound monitoring too, starting on CD 10.

The interesting news is that they said that my hubby's sperm are pretty normal!! Must be all the vitamins I've been giving him - the vitamins do make a difference! Even though this is great to hear, it was frustrating too. What the hell is wrong with us!?

User Image

10 years ago

Northern: That is great news for both the appt. and your hubbys count. I hope that the clomid gives you the extra boost you need to get your bfp!!! So happy to hear your trip went well! I SO need to do a San Fran trip I feel like a horrible Californian for never checking it out lol!

Stillfun: I haven't checked out yoru blog yet but I will in just a min. Did your doctor check your Antral Follicles? OR say how many eggs he thinks you will have?

AFM: had our IVF consultation today and it really didn't help much. Actually brought me down a bit. He said last year when I was in there looking into donating my eggs for IVF that I didn't have a very high antral count and that he expects them to be even less this year. He said I am lower than what he would expect to see for someone my age and said I would have to be placed on the highest dose of meds and even then he said if I had close to what I had last year he would expect to only get 7 decent eggs and in the end probably only 1-2 that would make it all the way through to transfer. He wants me to go have my AMH reserve checked which I will do but I don't know if $15-20000 is worth it for maybe 1-2 eggs. Sounds to me like he thought I might even have a good chance of cancelling cycles. UGH!! I'm so frustrated! Looks like if one egg is all I'll ever get I'm better off just continuing what we have been doing and hope it eventually works. or move onto adoption.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Oh Mel im sorry it wasn't better news, As far as I know and im pretty sure I was checked in my first consult at the clinic I had my AMH and antral follicle along with other things and im sure it was all good, I haven't had my appointment yet, I have it on the 17th along with an U/S, Is your history of cysts the reason why he would cancel? I wish it was better news, I suppose my doctor wouldn't have suggested it if he didn't think it would work, I was keen for IUI but he thought I would have much better success with IVF.
Northern - I hope you do get a IUI in :) But either way the extra hormones is all you might need, There is a girl on youtube called stylebybell (I think that's her name) who was trying for over 2yrs on clomid and other drugs and she changed her clinic and they were set to do a IUI she did all the drugs went in for scans all was good, went in for a trigger and a scan and her eggs (there was two) were already released! She was shattered! The nurses were trying to tell her that she BD before so she was still in with a chance but she just thought why would it work now, but ended up getting preg, its a great story I recommend you watch it :)
AFM- I spoke to the clinic today and as I said my apt is on the 17th, I have to get my U/S done at a different clinic because my FS is away, I will have my IVF apt that day then I go back for my drugs on CD1, im not sure which protocol they are using there are so many different ones, Ken is coming in on my CD 1 apt (can you believe it) I want him to be a little more educated about this, and he will produce a sample that day also just incase he cant get in for my retrieval. Its getting so real, I still cant believe this is happening

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo