Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1521 - 1530 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

So, I ended up not testing again - I can't stand looking at BFNs. I started some very light spotting last night and am getting some cramping, so I know AF is on her way. Got really emotional with hubby yesterday am before he left for work and have been depressed ever since. Can't seem to get out of the funk - I think it's a combination of hubby not wanting this like I do, AF arriving (with all the extra hormones), and knowing that I have to give up my foster doggy that I totally love. I just feel really lonely and empty. I know it will pass but I can usually shake these feelings off pretty quick. I hate feeling sorry for myself when I know that so many others have much worse situations to deal with. Anyhow, hugs to you all and sorry to be a downer!

User Image

10 years ago

Sorry to hear that Northern, big fat hugs to you.
Here is something I have been thinking about when you ladies all say something along those lines of your DH not wanting this quite as bad as you. I know I felt that way too, but (just an outsiders opinion, please do not be offended) what if they are the quiet type? Or like my DH until they see the baby it is not really a real thing for them, but just a concept and a thought, I know he did want kids but not like I did and when I was pregnant it still wasn't real for him until she came out! So just a thought for you guys is that I think for men how can they really think about wanting something so obscure for them??
Anyways leaving you all with that thought, and happy Thanksgiving, much love to you all

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks so much Anastasia! I think you are right. And I had a good talk with my hubby last night and this am. He's a worrier, and all he can think about are all the concerns and "what ifs" about having a child. He likes to have everything controlled and safe...having a child is none of these! So it's scary for him. I think that's the big thing for him. He says that once we have a baby he will be happy and excited for our new life but until then all he can think of is all the things that can go wrong.

So you're right - for him for now, it's just an abstract concept and he doesn't have the biological drive that I have. He's looking at it from a very logical perspective.

I am feeling much better today though. Had lunch with an old friend I hadn't seen in a while, and dropped off my prescription for clomid. Tomorrow is acupuncture day! And then I'm having some of my family over for thanksgiving dinner Sunday. And I get to drink this weekend! Woot! Having a hot tub tonight too!

User Image

10 years ago

My dh is into it, he is always trying to decifer my opks he is just very money concious and for him its hard to see a couple of thousand go with no guarantee of anything working.
CD 18 still no O, temp is still between 36.50 and 36.65, not my usuall range for anything and it has been hovering around that for days, I still have pos opks but V readings are still high, also found out my new ICs are terrible, pic posted from lastnight, nothing this morning.
Great everything is fine Anastasia, halfway there.
How you doing Mel?

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

hi girls Sorry I have been MIA.

Stillfun: Thats really weird that your temps are higher than normal. My husband is very money conscience with all the baby stuff too. It drives me crazy sometimes because I feel like if we have to take out loans and go alittle in debt to have a baby than we should (not like we can't pay it back once we have the baby) but my dh is SO against doing things like that. He'd rather save even if it takes us until 40 before we have enough saved up to have a baby.

Northern; Sorry you were down. Glad everything is better and that you have some fun things planned this weekend.

AFM: Not much different here. I had my blood work for my AMH amoung other things done Thursday. I'm hoping to get the news back monday. My doctor told me he doesn't think I need to be worrying about looking into embryo adoption. He said once he gets the labs back he will give me a percentage on success for IVF. but I don't know how we could afford it. :/ anyways in the mean time I'm going to start tryng to eat better and work on losing some weight and see if that helps at all. I think I O'd about a week ago and my nipples have been extremely tender the last couple days. I know it doesn't mean anything but it isn't a normal AF symptom for me so of course its messing with my head a bit lol! On a side note I had my 10 year reunion last night. It's amazing how much people change and yet don't change at all in 10 years haha! Everyone looked great thoug, which sucked lol! I feel like the only one that actually gained weight and to add to it everyone there was in tiny mini dresses showing off their asses while I was wearing a long dress. I thought formal meant classy but guess not so much these days haha! Hope everyone is doing well!!!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Hey Girls,
Im at a loss as to what my body is doing this cycle! Nothing has lined up and now my temp has spiked! GGRRR I hope my AF doesn't come too early and mess up this IVF cycle im so worried about it!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

his is my journal entry, I didn't eel like writing it twice so thtas why some of it wont make sense LOL
I have the most weird cycle EVER! I only started temping on CD11 because I was using the OvaCue, Now to start with my OvaCue populated my days off what looked to be nothing! I had a reading of 188 two days in a row and then it went to 171, it populated my days off that reading, now if anyone has used it or researched them it will say that there will be a high reading followed by two low, now I didn't really see anything resembling that but that's what it did, but it hasn't ever got it right yet! I used OPKs for CD10 they were stark neg til CD13 PM they were positive until CD18 which was super weird, I didn't have a thermal shift really at all except for todays reading, Now I am all worried because I can begin my new cycle before the 22nd Oct, that is when I can start my IVF, Now if I went with just looking at temps there could maybe be a chance that I Od on CD 11 which puts CD1 at the 18th! Cant happen! But if you look at OPKs it says CD14-15 maybe which puts CD 1 at 21st Oct (could work I would just say it started after lunch) My chart is on my home page if you are interested and I have a pic of my OPKs aswell from CD 11 to 13, Tell me what you think, Todays temp is a huge spike which is were my temp should be not just bobing up and down like it has, I had EWCM and my cervix was open for days, do you think I tried to O but failed? Hope so and I hope AF stays away until at least the 22nd so I can do IVF, if not I wont be able to do it until next year! How depressing!!

10 years ago

Stillfun, any change? Temp staying up yet? I hope so.

I started clomid yesterday, so maybe we'll finally get somewhere this cycle! Had one acupuncture treatment, and going for another today - after this it will be weekly I think. It's going to add up too - $100 first visit and $80 after. Hopefully, I'll get some back through my health insurance. At least the clomid was cheap. Going for my CD10 ultrasound next week and already very curious about what they're going to find for follicles.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi again everyone. I just had to share what I've been learning about traditional chinese medicine and their approach to fertility. I feel like I've hit on a huge health breakthrough for myself. I have all kinds of health problems ranging from herniated discs in my spine to fibromyalgia, Reyneud's syndrome, stomach issues, anemia and of course, infertility. Anyhow, I have just found out that from the eastern perspective, many of my issues are all tied to what they call "qi", blood circulation and liver issues. And the liver is closely tied to the uterus and these problems cause infertility. It all makes sense!

And did you know that they consider clots in your menstrual flow to be endometriosis in TCM? I get tons of that, and no one has ever linked this to a problem, though it always concerned me.

Anyhow, here's a couple links in case you are interested: http://www.pacificcollege.edu/acupuncture-massage-news/articles/587-managing-womens-issues-with-chinese-medicine.html

http://community.babycentre.co.uk/post/a3372315/hope_after_10_miscarriages_-_please_read

I haven't read a whole lot about all this, as I just started looking into it after my acupuncturist briefly explained what she was seeing with me. I'm just excited about it, and thought sharing might help others.

Of course, I have yet to see if acupuncture and making some of these changes in my life/diet will help. I've started doing some of these already, just using my own intuition of what my body needs. Girls, we need to listen to our bodies more!

User Image

10 years ago

triple post!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo