Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1511 - 1520 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Stillfun: My doctor would cancel if I didn't produce enough follies to make a retrieval worth it. Which scares me since we then would just lose all that money. I only produced two follies on my injectable cycle and I was on a ton of meds for that. So I know I'm not the best candidate but I guess I figured for IVF I would be fine. That's great your DH is going to go with you on your CD 1 appt. I am SO SO excited for you!!!! LOVED the VLOG too!!! :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Mel, I'm so sorry that things are looking good for IVF. It's so unfair. I wish it weren't so expensive so you wouldn't stress over giving it a shot anyway.

Stillfun, it must feel good to have a plan and to start seeing things get in motion. Glad that Ken is going to an appointment with you too! After my last appt, I told my hubby the approximate date that he'd need to give a sample if we manage to do the IUI this cycle. His response was "What! You need another sample?" He really hasn't been paying any attention to me talking about the IUI obviously!

AFM, I could have sworn I was pregnant this weekend. I felt nauseous several times - every time I had an empty stomach. I actually think it was just from my migraine though. I'm only 10 DPO today though and will test on 12DPO. Still feeling hopeful since I haven't been spotting at all and I've had ongoing CM, more at times than even at O. I'm holding off on buying the clomid until AF arrives just in hopes that she doesn't!

User Image

10 years ago

Oh northern very exciting, I don't know whats up with me but I have has really bad headaches and nausea a lot lately, I know im not preggo but it is a little worrying, I am about to O, I have had a tin of cm but no pos OPK, my temp was 36,36 on CD11 then jumped to 36.62 CD12 thought that's weird, never get a temp like that pre O, started to think I missed my LH surge, Used my OvaCue and it also has high Vreadings but this am my them is 35.52, still high but curious to see what tomorrow does,i f I did o early I got a BD in that morning so it doesn't matter.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

northern: I am keeping you in my thoughts!! I hope that you get your bfp this month!!!

Stillfun: Do the doctors there not have you go on birth control pills before starting IVF or is it just because they are waiting until AF shows?

AFM: My mind is in so many places right now. ( seems like it never shuts up these days) anyways went to an adoption orientation with a local agency today and decided its not the route for me. tomorrow I'm getting my blood drawn to have my AMH checked to know if we have any sort of chance with IVF otherwise I found a clinic about 8 hours away that creates their own embryos. they charge 12,500 +meds for 3 cycles transferring 2 embryos each cycle. their success rate is 85% for the first cycle and 95% by the third and if all three fail you get your money back or you can do 3 more for free and I still get to experience pregnancy. Bad thing is it means me and my DH both miss out on being genetically connected but its more affordable and they match the egg and sperm donors as much as they can to you and your hubby. My doctor today tried to tell me I should be fine with IVF and will try to give me a percentage after my blood results are in but its so much money for one chance and I would devastated if it failed and we were back at square one with no money. So confused!!! My head is telling me one way while my heart goes the other way. Hopefully they come together soon. :/

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Mel, do what you feel is right, but that sounds like an awesome deal LOL, A lot of people say that using donor is hard because they will never see a mix of themselves and there DH in there child but in your case that isn't really an issue, Im sure you and your DH have had many convos about this and I have no idea what it would feel like, sorry if that sounded insensitive, I hope you get what I mean, you will be a great mother regardless of genetics!! And al least you know at the end of the day you will either walk away with a baby of your money!! win win I say!!
Northern - you test yet?
AFM - still waiting on O ggrrr my temp is still really high which is so weird! I have pos OPKs but it is the first time using this brand and im not sure how sensitive they are, I have had no line at all until 2 days ago now its as dark as the control, im still bding every second day to be sure I dont miss it, even my ovacue had a V reading of about 250 yesterday so I reall don't know whats up! The sooner AF starts the soon IVF starts!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Such a tough decision Mel, and one that only you and your hubby can make. I completely understand your hesitance to go with all-donor - I'd feel the same way. Genetics may not be all that important logically but hard to deny the emotional desire to have "your own". Good luck on your AMH test!

Stillfun, that's weird that your temps have been so consistently high pre-O. Are you SURE you're not pregnant? I can't think of what else would cause that.

AFM, no I haven't tested yet. I thought about it this morning but I'm happier not testing until I think there's a good chance of actually seeing a BFP. Still looking good so far though. Temps are really high, still have periodic upset tummy, and no spotting yet. AF is due on Saturday. I will test tomorrow at 12 DPO.

User Image

10 years ago

Holy catch up time!
Northern yes I have looked online at Kijiji and other places for mat clothes but I am pretty small and petite so it is harder to find things in my size. Value village was okay the other day I did get one pair of pants! How are things going? Hope you get a BFP.

Mel wow what a lot of thinking you have to do!! Let us know what you decide, I am not sure what I would do at all...

Stillfun yay IVF!!!!

Boo hoping for the

AFM: had 20 week ultrasound yesterday and doc apt today with results. Baby is happy and very healthy and very very wiggly. Got to see s(he) wiggling fingers, stretching out legs and moving all around
according to doc I am also doing great, so YEAHHHHHH!!!! next apt at 24 weeks and change. Feeling tons of wiggling, dancing, punching, kicking or whatever is going on in there. Excited for thanksgiving I get to go see my grandma and family in Kelowna and tell everyone that I haven't yet, which is all of them LOL. And then Halloween DD is going to be a pirate I can't wait to put a beard on my little blondie! Talk to you all later and

User Image

10 years ago

Anastasia, love that you are feeling all kinds of tummy squirming! That's awesome - enjoy it! Great timing to tell all the family at Thanksgiving. I'm so glad that things are going so well for you! :)

AFM, I tested this am and got a BFN. I'll test again tomorrow, which will be 13 DPO, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope...although I did have a hard time finding my cervix this am it was so high. Never had that before, so that was really odd!

I did book an acupuncture appointment finally though! I go in on Sat for the first visit. I'm so looking forward to it.

Stillfun, did you O yet? Still getting the high temps?

How are you doing, Mel?

User Image

10 years ago

Still pos Opk, high temps.... Ggggrrr, I really don't know what's up, Def not pregnant

10 years ago

Anastasia, love that you are feeling all kinds of tummy squirming! That's awesome - enjoy it! Great timing to tell all the family at Thanksgiving. I'm so glad that things are going so well for you! :)

AFM, I tested this am and got a BFN. I'll test again tomorrow, which will be 13 DPO, but I'm not holding out a lot of hope...although I did have a hard time finding my cervix this am it was so high. Never had that before, so that was really odd!

I did book an acupuncture appointment finally though! I go in on Sat for the first visit. I'm so looking forward to it.

Stillfun, that's odd! Hope things get moving for you so you can get on with IVF!

How are you doing, Mel?

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo