Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

2141 - 2150 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Mel, good to hear from you and glad that all is well. You're almost at 12 weeks, yay! I think both you and stillfun got pretty lucky with the pregnancy symptoms - or you're both just really stoic.

Stillfun, can't wait to see your bump. I hear ya on showing off the bump. I'm fairly private and don't like a lot of attention so I'm sure I'd feel uncomfortable drawing attention to it. Maybe it's something you just get over. Make sure you take lots of pics though and enjoy it!

AFM, I am well into the tww - 9 DPO today. Waiting until 12 DPO to start HPT testing. Time is flying by - so busy! I got a phone call back from a job I applied for up north, so looks like I'll be getting an interview. Yikes! Too much to do!

User Image

9 years ago

Congrats on getting an interview Northern!! Im glad your TWW is easy!

Wel i just got off the phone to my private hospital where i will be having the baby and it has just finally started to set in that i am in fact having a baby! HOLY MOLEY!!! I have booked my antenatal classes and my midwife appointment! they are at the end of August! which is really only a little over 3 months away! Which back in TTC world was only 3 cycles! Im in a bit of a spin if you can't tell LOL I have filled out all my forms and the hospital books quickly, theses are the first appointments i can get! On the upside of going private is i get my own room and ken stays with me too and i will be there for four days to help with breastfeeding and getting used to a newborn because frankly i have no idea! the public hospital kicks you out the day after the birth and you have to share a room so i am happy with my choice to go private and i don't pay $2000 a year not to use it! LOL my OB goes to both public and private and theory are right next-door to each other, i think the private had a really good NICU but the public one is bigger so it won't matter because we can easily go next door. I have picked a stroller and found i cot that both Ken and I love! Im just so excited this is actually happening and if I'm getting overbearing just tell me to F off because i know this is a TTC site but i really don't want to leave you girls, gees we have been together for 2years and you guys get my situation and it just easy to talk to you, but if you want me to tone it down i certainly can i would hate to make anyone feel bad.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

9 years ago

Haha, stillfun, yes, it's really happening!! Crazy how early you need to get all this stuff organized! I'm totally good with hearing all about your bub and planning etc. I'm really excited for you and love hearing about it all.

The private hospital sounds better, so you can get more support and privacy. I'm curious about midwives in Australia. Will they be your primary caregiver for the pregnancy and birth? Is that the norm? I'm planning on having a midwife here, but it's optional and probably less common.

AFM, my temp bumped up a bit more today and still no symptoms to speak of. 10 DPO - I'm feeling hopeful! I have a pre-screening job interview in the morning. No time to prep!

Hoping, how's the clomid doing?

User Image

9 years ago

I have a OB that will take care of me during my pregnancy and birth except for weekends and there is a roster of 3 different OBGYNs in the area that do weekends so i hope if I'm in labour on a weekend its his weekend LOL I don't know what the midwife is for, maybe to get to know the nurse in the hospital that will look after me in labour and after birth, its all so new and i don't really understand it much, I asked the lady today about not having a partner for my antenatal class and she said it was fine but i could bring a friend, i might have to do that instead but my only friends in the area have little babies, one has a 2 month old now and one is about to give birth at any moment but i hope i can sort something out! It would suck doing it on my own! I really like my OB so I'm happy so far :)
Good luck with the interview Northern and and i hope you get a nice surprise in the next few days !!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

9 years ago

Nothing really to report....clomid is done for the month. I have mild cramps most of the time and an icy/hot feel in my ovaries sometimes. And hot flashes like crazy! the fact that its over 90 degrees doesn't help either :( My follie scan is Saturday morning with hopefully iui Sunday morning. I think I am going to trigger right after u/s if follies are ready. That gives me 24hr before iui instead of 16hr like last time.

Good luck Northern!

I don't mind your gushing either. I know getting this baby was a long and hard road for you and you should be excited.

User Image

9 years ago

Uh oh....almost positive OPK.......Better call RE and keep checking tonight. CD 11?????? CM still white but thin. Not EW though . maybe just a pre -surge or something. but called nurse and waiting for her to call back with what to do

User Image

9 years ago

Hoping, did you hear back from the nurse? As long as you can get in to a scan to confirm where you're at, it might not be too bad to surge early and then take the trigger after to make sure it kicks all the eggs out. Hope it works out for you!

AFM, my temp went up again today! I caved and took a test and got a BFN. And now I'm getting crampy feeling and starting to get sore boobs. My temps look so amazing though. Hanging on to some hope. If I take this job, this will be the end of assisted TTC. No services up there at all. I passed the first interview and have another one next week - two hours long!

Mel, hope you are doing ok with the wildfires in your area.

User Image

9 years ago

She called and said I could go in for an u/s in the morning if I wanted. The RE said that sometimes the high dose of clomid can cause a high level of LH and he thinks that what it is. The test line stayed about the same all day so maybe he is right. No darker and not really lighter. I see what it looks like in the morning.

I hope this month is successful Northern!

User Image

9 years ago

HI Girls,

I finally put all my TTC stuff on Ebay, i put my OvaCue on for $80 it cost me around $350 I put my CBFM on for $40 and it cost $120 i only used it twice and i put all my OPKs and HPTs on and a CB digital, i kept 5 HPTs don't ask me why LOL just a habit i suppose!! So lets hope i can get rid of it all!!

9 years ago

Going for my follie scan in the morning. Been kinda freakin out the past couple days. I haven't really felt any kind of ovulation pains AT ALL lately. I hope they are there! On the other hand. I have a pinched nerve in my back this afternoon. OH MY GOD its painful . Greg's gonna have to dress me and put my feet in the stirrups tomorrow

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo