Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

2081 - 2090 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

That's pretty cool stillfun to know you can't just use them if needed without doing all the aggrivation of creating them again.
This TWW if forever! its only been 5 days!!!!! but the trigger is almost gone. it was barely there last night. so hopefully a new line will appear soon :)
Freezing your dh sperm for future use sounds like a good idea. especially since it sounds like he hates providing the sample. Could they just freeze one sample into several smaller samples since he usually has many more than is required for iui?

User Image

10 years ago

I think that there is some degradation with freezing, so you end up with a lesser quality sample. He seems to be getting used to providing the samples now that he's done it a few times and it's not so awkward feeling for him. We'll have to see how this work thing plays out...

Hoping, I really feel for you. It's so much worse during an IUI cycle. Hang in there.

User Image

10 years ago

Oh hoping on 5DPIUI uuugghh seems like forever!
Im sure you will sort it all out northern but it could be an idea if you were to start ivf and you wernt sure if he would be home.
I got my doppler yesterday, i searched for hrs yesterday and found nothing, i didnt surise me as they say with a retro uterus its super hard to find and most doctors wont even try with girls with a tilted uterus until 14 weeks. so much to my suprise this morn i found the hb after 1min of looking, DH was still asleep but i woke him up and he heard it too!! i love my doppler! im 10+5 today so im past the danger period that ends at the start of week 10 when the embryonic period ends and fetal period starts, o have been super worried about having another Missed MC but look like bubs is still growing strong FHR was averaging 167 - 171

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Yay, stillfun, you have a fetus!! That`s great you found the HB. Hope it helps you relax.

User Image

10 years ago

So exciting to be able to hear the baby whenever you want. I think i will buy one also if I ever need it.

AFM, trigger is barely there on tests today, so I can become an OCD tester soon! I'm hoping I have a pretty decent chance with the one sure good egg and the high sperm count in combination with a recent HSG ( since those are said to increase fertility for a few months ). My only fear is we did iui too early after trigger /+opk. Don't know if it means anything at this stage but my temp jumped up again this morning

User Image

10 years ago

Hoping, that's a good thing that your temp jumped I would think. You're 6 or 7 dpiui right? Might be too early for implantation, but hopefully your temp stays up!

User Image

10 years ago

Hey girls!!!

Hoping: woohoo! Yeah for testing out the trigger. You have a great chance this cycle!! And the sperm can live for days once it's in there. Def. better a little early then late :)

Northern: I agree with hoping, your temp jumping could be a great sign. Glad your hubby is getting more comfortable! A lot of military guys freeze their sperm before they leave so that their wives can get pregnant but it does seem to lower the quality of the sperm. You could also get a sperm shipper for worst case scenarios and he could ship you the goods. :)

AFM: baby is doing great! Baby was dancing at the last ultrasound and the heart beat was great! We go back in four weeks and in about 5 weeks we will probably go do a 3D scan to see if we can find out the gender. Hubby has been more open to discussing baby names but we haven't found anything that really jumps at us yet and it seems like when we do someone else has already used it :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Ken and i have a short list of names, we have already picked our boy names Logan Kenneth or Connor Kenneth but the girl names seem to be much harder! We actually found a few today that we liked Skye, Jade, Bella and Shae, we arent fussed if other people have the same name because the chances of seeing those people often while our children are growing up is pretty slim, I know where bub is sitting now so it only takes a min or so to find it! I also have been thiking of ideas for my FB reveal. Im thinking of making a video and recording bubs HB and put a caption up "does anyone know what this is?" then put a picture of our 12 week U/S and then a bit of text with how excited we are and the due date.... what do you think? good or bad idea??

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

6Dpiui today..still have a pale line on hpt but I am gonna test every morning now until it either goes away or gets darker. Another temp jump this morning again.
I like all those names Stillfun. Naming is sooooo hard. Greg keeps poo-pooing all my suggestions And the announcement sounds fun.
Glad your u/s went good and saw baby wiggling, Mel. I can't wait for that

User Image

10 years ago

Mel, awesome!!! So glad that bub is doing well and wiggling around!

Stillfun, I really like all your name ideas. Some of those are on my list too! I like your reveal idea too. I have a friend (who doesn't have or want kids) who put the ultrasound pic of the baby in the movie Alien (clearly an alien baby with a long dragon-like tail) up as an April 1st joke. She fooled so many people, who were congratulating her on her pregnancy. I thought it was hilarious because it was so clearly an alien child. Anyhoo, I think putting a vid with the HB would be awesome - never seen anyone do that.

Fingers crossed for you hoping!! A few more days now and hopefully you'll start seeing that second line!

CD 7 today and it's feeling like a huge relief to just be taking it easy this cycle. I got a recommendation for a good fertility-focused naturopath from my acupuncture clinic and I'm thinking if I like the ND, I will switch to her from my GP. This ND is licensed to be a primary care physician and after that last visit with my GP, I'm so done with her. This naturopath also has a focus on pediatrics, so would be perfect if/when I get pregnant.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo