Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1361 - 1370 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

:)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Wow, stillfun, it really seems like you have a very shot this time around. That's a good string of BDs for a guy with low T! Fingers crossed for you!!

Mel, hopefully that CM was just a post-O oddity. I've gotten that sometimes too and thought it odd, when I thought I'd already ovulated. I've started to not trust OPKs either though - they sometimes don't line up with the BBT and O pains so it's hard to know what to trust.

Anastasia, glad you're feeling good about the pregnancy. Update us after your appt when you hear the heartbeat! How have you been feeling?

Hoping, I lost track of what's been going on with you. Was your move into the house you just bought? Sounds like you've been super busy!

AFM, my visit went ok. I saw a new different doctor, which I wasn't so pleased about, since the one I saw before has a super good reputation. Anyhow, it was a pretty short visit. Basically we went over what it is that we want to do - that I want to go ahead with IUI. Did an ultrasound and could see the cyst (ruptured follicle) on my left side, so he thought I was correct in thinking that I did O the day before, and from my left side. He said my lining looked good. I have to go get bloodwork done on CD 3 and hubby needs to give another sperm sample and then we go back to get the results and discuss the meds that I'll be put on and we'll move on with planning the first IUI. He seemed pretty confident that I'd get pregnant within 4 tries and said they have a success rate of 20% per cycle. He thought that hubby's last SA wasn't too bad but I'm hoping that it will have improved since he's been on supplements.

Oh and the doctor said to not bother with doing the BBT charts anymore! That kind of pissed me off because I LIKE knowing what my body is doing. I guess they just aren't necessary when your cycle is being totally controlled by the meds. Anyhow, I will keep charting because my thermometer is actually built into my alarm clock and it's no effort to take my temp...and I've been doing it for at least 15 years!

I guess I'm cautiously optimistic after the visit...after trying for 3 years and getting absolutely nothing - no miscarriage and not even a really noticeable chemical - I find it hard to really believe that it will happen now. But, I'm happy to be moving forward and giving it a go! Hubby is panicking a bit it seems though. I think he'd gotten used to the idea that it just wasn't going to happen and he's feeling old after just having his 55th birthday. So, if IUI doesn't work out over the next 6 mos or so, we're going to throw in the towel. I'm feeling good about the plan right now but know that I might feel differently when the time comes.

User Image

10 years ago

Northern - that's great you have a plan!! I have a feeling its all going to happen for us! Everyone is in overdrive and I just know its going to pay off! WE GOD DAMN DESERVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mel - I didn't use my OvaCue this cycle because of the OI but I did use it when I thought I had O'd, you know what your numbers should be around on a normal cycle so I just used it to see if they were low or high not really for a pattern, for reading was 171 next was 247! That's all I need to know from it! I know me fertile readings are well under 100. I did do my BBT this am and it wasn't a great temp, still up but not great so I am hiding my BBT away from my bedside so I can take it and stress about it, there is no point really with all the extra hormones!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun: wow I wish I would've thought about that! I didn't even think to just look at the numbers. Oh my goodness now I just feel silly lol! Your right we all deserve this!

Northern baby: yeah! That's great that the doctor believes you'll be pregnant within three cycles! I'm so excited for you! I'm sure part of the reason they don't want you temping is probably because they don't want you to have the added stress or to question what they are telling you is going on lol! Mine told me not to bother with anything too which I will say is kinda nice! I know it hasn't happened but it could just be the little guys just aren't quite getting where they need to be! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! It's always good to have a plan I hope that everything works out!!!

Afm: feeling silly I'm 2-3 days past O (if everything lined up the way I'm hoping it did and not later) and I have been having major hot flashes. I know, I know it's too early for symptoms right? But I never get hot flashes. I've only ever had them when on fertility meds. Oh I hope I'm not just acting crazy it has been a long time since I've been in a REAL tww lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

It's okay Mel I know what you mean I had hot flashes in my first pregnancy all the time, it drove me mad especially in bed!
I think I may have hurt my cervix with all the bding we did the other night trying to get the job done, I have been having a lot of cervical cramping, it could be the hormones so I'm not sure

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Thanks Mel and stillfun. It does feel really good to have a plan and be moving forward. My hubby and I have joked about us BDing and those pics you see online that say "You're doing it wrong". It certainly feels like it! LOL.

I'm so glad that you're in the TWW with us Mel!! I would be over the moon happy if one of you got a BFP this cycle - the possibility is so exciting!! Stillfun, I had to chuckle about your sore cervix - that was a lot of BDing. The things we do TTC, hey?

I got some spotting last night. Not sure why - it seems too early for implantation (something like 3-4 days). I'm wondering if it's maybe from the poking around with the ultrasound I got...but that seems unlikely. Been getting some abdominal twinges too. How amazing would that be to conceive now that I've finally moved on to getting an IUI?

User Image

10 years ago

Northern remember I got preg on the cycle before my treatment! Goodluck on my ph so not a long post!

10 years ago

Been super crampy this morning... Couldnt bare to lay in bed any longer! It eased once i got up but was very annoying, i think its too early for symptoms but i just wanted to write this so i can look back on it if i do end up with a BFP, i find myself looking back over my post's from my first pregnancy all the time! Hope everyone is well :)

10 years ago

Stillfun, I forgot that you got pregnant on that cycle before treatment! How are you feeling now, any better? Are you still taking meds or off for the rest of this cycle?

Mel, how are you doing?

I am starting to get my hopes up a little. I've been so b*tchy the last couple days- really hormonal and tired. Lots of little twinges in my abdomen too. I'm only 7-8 DPO so it's early still but it's nice to feel some hope after just not feeling it for the last few cycles.

User Image

10 years ago

Yay for Mel and Stillfun and Northern I wish you all the baby dust in the world!!

AFM: Had my 12 week apt today at 12 weeks 3 days and I heard the heart beat!!!!!!!

Doc says all is good, baby is growing right along track, moving and heart is beating very nicely. So relieved and happy I teared up just a little once I heard that sound
Next on the list is a 16 week apt and ultrasound a little further along. I will keep checking back on you ladies and keep you updated. If you want me to not tell you let me know too cause I totally understand! That is why I have not been complaining one bit about all the PG stuff.
Got myself 40 lbs of peaches to can tonight and it is smokin hot outside. I think I will wait till dark and head to the beach once I am done the house chores.
TTYS

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo