Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1891 - 1900 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Holy, stillfun, that beta is crazy! I've read tons of stories of women spotting during pregnancy, especially early on. The aspirin would totally cause that, I think. How long does the clinic want you to keep taking it? Hopefully once the pessaries and aspirin stop, so will the bleeding. Try not to worry!!

Mel, nice progression!!

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks girls, No blood this morn! Not even any with my pesserie, I hope it stays away!! I def think its got something to do with the pesseries and asprin.
Mel, I learnt that the hard way also LOL, you have to let them get to the same stage to compare, glad it was darker I will check it out, its hard not to expect the worst, look at me, I have a super good beta and im still stressed, last pregnancy at this stage my Beta was 1700.... then six weeks was 6500 so I am miles ahead of that pregnancy which is a relief! My beta never got over 12500 and that was my 8 week one! I would think my beta with be in the 20,000 by tomorrow! Its weird how we stress about getting pregnant and then its a whole new level of stress once we do! Got a bit of nausea this morn but not too bad, I did my first pregnancy Vlog yesterday, I have been holding off but thought It was time :) I have a belly shot aswell, its pretty bloated but! I will post a pic of my belly on CMP also, I have had shots since 3 weeks

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

I was just looking back over my last pregnancy and cant believe I didn't twig earlier on that something was up, I looked at my doubling times, my first Beta was 87 and my second 8 days later was 1700 double time of 44.77 which is acceptable my next beta 7 days later was 6870, I remember how happy I was for this number and cant believe I didn't look at my doubling time! It was 83.38!! that alone should have made me think something was up instead of blindly walking into my dating scan unawares of what I was about to see! Maybe im just a little paranoid now and pay a little more attention! My double time from my first beta 647 ( 4 + 2) to my second (4 +4) was 41.34 and my next (5+2) is 40.82, I Know lots can happen between now and then but I am a little more confident!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun: yeah for no bleeding!!! I hope it stays away! That is a huge difference in beta numbers. You'll have to help me keep an eye on mine :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

I think that is a HUGE difference also. This one is in it for the long haul!

AFM, not a single thing happening to me. CD 10 and i am not teven tracking this month. Greg is in Germany anyways and prob won't be home to make O anyhow. (Not that it would work anyway unless a miracle occurred :) )

User Image

10 years ago

So sorry hoping! :( a break can be difficult but can also be a very good thing too. Try and take it easy and hopefully next month you'll be able to come back strong!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Hoping, I always hate missing out on a cycle. That's happened to us a few times when DH has been away for work. But you've hopefully got the IUI to look forward to next cycle, right! Take this time to be as healthy as you can and make sure you're both taking your vitamins. My clinic also told to me take 1000 IU of Vit E daily while I'm ttc (actually told both of us t take it).

AFM, I'm feeling PMSy - emotional and have sore boobs. Cervix is still hard but I'm feeling like there's nothing much different about this cycle right now. I'm getting impatient! If this one doesn't work out, I just want to get on with the next.

User Image

10 years ago

He may be home in time if O holds off. But its not like it would work anyways. I am taking my vitamins and drinking my green tea every day, but the day we decided to use donor sperm, Greg gladly stopped his vitamins. I am going to call the doc office in the morning and talk to the nurse about next month's plan of treatment. I'm excited to IUI next month. I will have everything possible to cross next month crossed! I am hoping try #1 takes hold, but I am only going 3 tries, since most pregnancies occur in the first 3 tries. Northwest Cryo shows that they have 39% pregnancy rate in 1 try, 86% pregnancy rate in 2 tries and 92% in 3 tries. And the average # of vials for a pregnancy is 2.6 vials.

User Image

10 years ago

Hoping, sorry I totally forgot there that you were going with donor sperm - duh!

Those are excellent rates! I was also googling around for info for my next IUI and found this page. I haven't read it all yet but lots of stats based on fairly good sized studies. https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/iui-success-rates

Based on what I've read so far, I'm going to go with gonadotrophins instead of clomid (I had a terrible lining with it anyhow) and will have to see if hubby can give the sperm sample at the office instead of at home like we wanted - it's too long of a wait if done at home, and I will try to have a full bladder (they didn't say anything about that and I assumed they wanted it empty because they do for all the ultrasounds).

User Image

10 years ago

I will check it out. I have seen that the success rates are a little better when done with a full bladder and some docs say empty. I never asked mine. I have never been on clomid so I don't know how I will react yet. I have been thinking though that if after 3 cycles we are still unsuccessful, I may see if DH wants to just order ICI units and do home insems with the regular sperm. Its still $325 a vial with $160 shipping but I can do that with no doc involved since Northwest Cryo ships to your house if you want. A lot won't ship without a doctor.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo