Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

791 - 800 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth, lots of fighting with the DF (we're good now), busy weekend, and a sick kiddo yesterday.

I still feel out this month, even though AF was supposed to show yesterday and didn't. My cycle was 2 days short last month, and usually when that happens, my next cycle makes up for it. So, I was already kind of expecting a no show until tomorrow (2 days late). I suppose if she doesn't show tomorrow, I'll test. The good thing about being so distracted by everything is that I'm also distracted from POAS. Haha. I think the last time I tested was on Sunday (12dpo). When I got a huge negative then (I mean NOTHING), I figured I was out. So don't anyone else get excited! Lol. My O was just so screwed up this month (all of the pain before O), and then getting a positive opk 4 dpo made me think my body didn't actually O when I thought it did, or maybe not even at all.

Mel - I am glad that you are temping now! I'm getting into looking at everyone's charts.

Northern - can't wait to see if your next test got darker!

stillfun - same, hope your tests are progressing! It would be so great to have 2 bfp's this month here!

User Image

11 years ago

Supersue, I can't believe you haven't tested again!!! You must be busy! I'm sorry you and DF have been fighting. I hope you test tomorrow - I can't help but get excited, lol!

AFM, my temp dropped again this morning and FF no longer says that it was triphasic, so it's not looking good. I'm not giving up hope just yet though because I'm not getting any cramps or any AF symptoms any more...just a tiny bit of brown spotting. I'm starting to just feel normal now, except still being quite dizzy and getting nausea that comes and goes. Oh, and I had the weirdest dreams all night last night and kept waking up in a cold sweat. Had an awful sleep. AF is due today and I really don't feel like she's coming (at least today).

User Image

11 years ago

Quick update - AF started. I knew it! Blah.

User Image

11 years ago

I'm getting concerned now girls. Haven't done the looking at semen under the microscope yet (DH wants to wait till my kids are gone this weekend). However,I looked at my vaginal discharge after BD last night (About 30 min after) and didnt see any sperm at all. I am gonna do the semen only this weekend. God I hope there is some in there! I will be soooooo bummed.....

User Image

11 years ago

Supersue, darn! I know you weren't getting your hopes up but it's still disappointing.

Hoping, I wouldn't worry yet until you look at just the semen. I don't have any experience though with this. FX for you that there's at least some swimmers in there.

User Image

11 years ago

hoping - I think they are so small that you would not be able to see them with the naked eye whatsoever.

Northern - after the pains and then double opk, I just felt like I either had an annovulatory cycle, or maybe O'd when I was getting the second pos opk, and just totally missed the BD timing. We will be out of town when I O next, and I am totally not taking OPK's with me. Lol. I think I'm just going to not track anything this round. I just have this lingering feeling that when he gets his SA done, they aren't going to find any swimmers anyway. I guess until we get that done, it might be best to let it go and not focus on the ttc. I want to stick around here with you guys though, I hope to see all of us get BFP's!

Speaking of BFP's - anybody test again???? (Northern/stillfun
)

User Image

11 years ago

Im still testing like a nut... Still inconclusive i can see a line within the time limit but its not really getting any darker, So frustrating, i am holding out until 14dpo to use Digi (2 days late) I didnt get a positive on the same tests last cycle and my other test was heaps noticable so maybe its just the tests or maybe not and i am not preg! Well gotta go but will def write soon

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Hoping: try not to worry until you look at it by itself and even then it can be hard to see them at first. If he has good swimmers then they really should swim into you right away leaving very few, most likely dead swimmers to see in the microscope. I only knew I was looking at sperm in the microscope once I saw movement lol! Try and stay positive and try and remember Ben if you don't see anything it still doesn't mean that there is nothing there. Also remember either way we are all here for you. We have all either been or are still going through it too! if you need to talk or have questions or anything please feel free to post or pm!

Supersue: I'm so sorry! :(

Northernbabydream: I hope you still get your bfp!

Stillfuntrying: I hope your tests get darker and that this is your month!!!

Fan: still waiting to O. I'm not sure how to tell by my temps if in gettin close is there something I should be watching for? As for now I'm just waiting for my ovacue to give me the fertile sign and I started my opks today as well. Really hoping it all doesn't fall on the weekend I'm almost tempted to tell my BIL to overnight it on Friday just in case but then if I don't O then I would be wishing I had waited. Although fresh is supposed to live for 4 days so maybe it would work out?

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntrying: try not to worry there is def. a line there and you are still testing early. I'd wait a couple days and see if it is darker. Testing everyday is going to drive you crazy and it probably won't change much from day to day. :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Mel, with the temps, you will likely see a drop in temperature around the time you ovulate. Sometimes you don't catch it though - for example if you take your temp at 7 am and you ovulate at 7pm, it might not really get picked up. But you will see a rise in temps that will stay up after you O, so you'll know you did O. Once you've been doing it for a while, you'll get familiar with your typical cycles. Fertility Friend has a neat overlay feature you can use to overlay your cycles. Combine the temps with the OPKs and Ovucue and you should have O pinpointed really well. Good luck - I really hope you catch the egg this time!

I'm not planning on testing until tomorrow am, but fighting the urge to go test right now. I know it wouldn't be any good though as I've been drinking tons of water. I am feeling seriously obsessed this cycle. Tomorrow am cannot come soon enough.

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo