Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1971 - 1980 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

I'm on Cd 28 or something right now. But my O was way late so I expect AF over the weekend and then go for the baseline after AF starts. it cysts they want to check for before starting clomid. Then I go back at cd14 for follicle check and get the trigger, then go back the next day for IUI. Time sure is flying! (looking back at my posts that should have been 7dpo, not cd7)

User Image

10 years ago

HAHA makes sense now... I was trying to figure out why you would do a baseline that late LOL

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

stillfun: OMG 3 months. It's crazy how fast the time goes. (yet so slow at the same time lol)

hoping: don't focus on the number of pregnancies a donor has reported from what I've seen it seems a lot of people don't even ever report them once they do get pregnant. I think everyone should as it makes it easier for the bank to keep record but can you do. chances are if they accepted him than he's got good swimmers :)

northern: it's a lot to consider. I know there are many woman who breastfeed even after adopting a newborn. (if that's what you really wanted.) I def. think it's worth looking into but keep in mind it's not an easy route nor is it a cheap route. Have you considered embryo adoption/donation? One requires a homestudy and is just like adopting (can't remember which one though) the other is you get placed on a list through your clinic and wait for a match (although depending on your clinic could have a lengthy wait) You could also do what I did if your open to traveling to California. :) def. look into your options and keep an open mind and ask as many questions as possible. You guys will know what way is right for you when you find it.

AFM: having my first real bit of morning sickness tonight. I didn't actually puke but did run to the restroom feeling like I needed to. I was surprised as I felt better than ever today. actually was able to eat a huge breakfast this morning without feeling icky. well I better get to bed I just noticed it's 1 am. YIKES! lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

What's you ovarian reserve like northern? either way its gonna be expensive! I now you said a while back you were thinking of looking into IVF, And as Mel says, embryo adoption looks as close to your own pregnancy and a adoption as you can get!
Been getting a lot of my nausea at night time after I eat! Still tired but other than that im pretty good, been noticing a lot of cramping when I over do it, they say if you start cramping your should lay down for a while to get the pressure off your uterus so its not stretching so much! I does work...
I have my scan tomorrow!! Then I drive to a friends hose for the night then HOME!!!!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Glad you get to go home soon, stillfun! Make sure to take it easy once you are home too!

I'm confused. I went in today for a scan on CD11. My lining was 8 mm I think...can't remember but I know it was fine. And my follicle was 21! So, pretty much ready. They did my bloodwork again because my LH yesterday was only 7.4, so not surging, but my estradiol (same as E2?) was in the right range for midcycle - 1138, and they gave me the hcg and said they'd call me in an hour or so with the results and tell me when to do the trigger shot - either today or tomorrow. Anyhow, I didn't hear from them and they aren't answering phones (after 12 noon). WTH! So I guess I just sit and wait until tomorrow morning but it's bugging me since I don't know what's going on and why they didn't call. I made sure they had both my numbers.

Anyhow, we did also BD this am, AND I had EWCM, so I think we have a good shot at nailing it anyway, naturally. DH is freaking out about giving the sample again and now denies that he gave me to the go ahead.

I don't really know how my ovarian reserve is. They did CD3 testing way back in September I think, and it was fine. No concerns. Can't remember the numbers now though.

I don't really know what we are thinking with adopting. When I was much younger I always said I wanted to have one child of my own and adopt one that was in need from a poor country. I dismissed this idea once I found out how much it costs to adopt from out of country! I would prefer an infant but don't really want to wait, and I know it can take a very long time, and may not ever happen. I'm not ruling out adopting an older child either though, like up to 6 years old. I've seen what happens with children in the foster system and think it would be amazing to help a child like that. But I'm just really all over the map right now and just starting to consider it. I haven't even really talked to DH about it, other than in abstract terms. I don't think embryo adoption is for us - I think if we were to have a child that's not genetically ours, we'd try to adopt. That's just us though. There are currently over 1000 kids waiting for homes in our province, and these adoptions are all free. One little girl that is listed breaks my heart - she is 4 years old and her profile talks about a history of neglect and violence and that she needs a quiet, loving and stable home and I just keep thinking that we could provide that.

User Image

10 years ago

Update: it was my error with the clinic call - my phone didn't ring but the voice mail was there. All ready to go for IUI tomorrow am! Just did the trigger tonight, and I think I might already be ovulating but apparently the hcg will make sure O is completed and will help support luteal phase. I just hope DH can do the sperm collection ok.

User Image

10 years ago

Great news Northern!!!! BD anyways!! He has a good count so it wont matter! Good luck, very excited for you :)
I remember with my trigger shots it made me feel like O was here especially when I did IVF but nope they were all still there!

10 years ago

27 million motile after wash! He still has super sperm! This was only 1 day after BD. So relieved. Finger crossed now...please send me some of your baby dust girls.

User Image

10 years ago

AFM, spotting started today so AF be here for day 1 tomorrow and I am calling the doc!

User Image

10 years ago

Alright, hoping! I'm excited for you to be moving forward!

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo