Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

2241 - 2250 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Fingers crossed for you hoping!!!! That's a good motile sperm count too! Try to relax (I know it's easy for me to say this).

I'm feeling better today about everything. My temp was way up again and my BBT computer-thingy freaked out flashing 3 different lights to tell me I was pregnant, lol. I did another hpt and it's quite dark. I haven't been sleeping well at night though - I only seem to sleep for about 5 hours and then am wide awake. Stillfun, I think you had this too? At least I'm getting lots done!

User Image

9 years ago

Yeah northern I did! I was always awake at 3am but was always able to nap in the day, it awesome watching those tests get darker hey :) I didn't bbt this time so I don't know my temps but I do know that TTC is a hard habbit to break andiI even find myself now even with a belly thinking about peeimg on a Opk to see if I'm oing or thinking that I have held my urine for long enough for a hpt.... Crazy I know! As I said before don't worry if you don't get pregnancy symptoms, if you Google pregnant with no symptoms you will find troves of people don't, maybe Mel and I were just lucky but it is a little odd that we both were the same, I hot to the point were I was searching for signs I was still pregnant even with weekly bloods, you said somthing about how many ultrasounds, my first was seven weeks second was 8 weeks and that one was at my actual clinic and that marked the end of my treatment with them third was my 12 week NT scan and that was it until this weekend and I did two ultrasounds, hope that helps, I would def get the NT scan if I were you! The peace of mind is econd to none!
Hoping congrats on being on your TWW! Great count and lets hope that superfollie produces a super egg! Good luck!
I agree with the girls Anastasia, don't do anything permanent yet but for many 2 kids are enough, we want 2-3 most likley will have two and leave the rest to mother nature!
Yay for holidays Mel! Good time to maybe start baby proofing your house :)
AFM that was a pretty big scare so I'm now taking it easy, no more morning walks which in bummed about cause I love them and so does pippa, I'm not cooking breakfast anymore and I'm search for a cook today, I can't have that happen again, we went to a hosp on a small town before cairns and they DoD nothing bit fill me with fear, they told me my placenta was falling apart and there was nothing that could be done, I had cramping the next day so I went to the private hosp on cairns, my OB was away so I seen another ob on call and she pretty much diagnosed me in ten min, thinks I have been working too hard and because my uterus is at a point were its moving my bowels around its cause constipation and gas and that was my reason for cramping, after that other hospital I was sure somthing was wrong but I'm glad its all good! Bubs was sucking its thumb at the scan which melted my heart! So special

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

9 years ago

That's so cute, stillfun - to see him/her sucking their thumb! The sleepless at night thing must be related - I'm not waking up at 3, but I can't get to sleep until around midnight or 1 am, and then I'm awake at 5. And then in the afternoon, I'm soooo sleepy. I was driving today and thought I was going to have to pull over but I had to make it to a meeting so I couldn't!

It is really hard to forget about ttc, I have been taking my bbt for about 15 years!!! I was doing it as a form of birth control for many years before ttc. It's going to feel very very weird to stop.

I'm a bit paranoid about all the ultrasounds! I will def get the NT one and also I think there's a big one at around 18-20 weeks I keep reading about where they do all kinds of testing, but that's all I want to do. I worked too long in a chiropractic office that was totally opposed to them, as well as immunizations, which makes it hard not to worry about these things! I know all the medical literature says they are safe though.

I go in tomorrow for my beta - I'm guessing that I want to see it about 300 (4 days after 75). And the clinic wants to see me for a 7 week ultrasound. I'm going to hopefully get a midwife lined up before then who can give me some information on which ultrasounds are the most important. An old friend of my mom's is a midwife, but she's semi-retired now. I'm really hoping she will take me on though as I've known her a long time and she lives nearby (I'm an hour outside of town). I'm waiting for my beta results tomorrow before calling her.

Oh and I do have symptoms, but they are still similar to PMS/AF symptoms. I'm a little crampy, can feel my ovaries, breasts are sore and it just feels like something is going on down there - kind of a heavy feeling. I just can't believe that it is all real - I feel like I'm in a dream or something, or it's some kind of cruel joke. I had gotten to the point where I didn't seriously think it would really happen for us.

User Image

9 years ago

None of the ultrasounds before 12 weeks are really necessary, Your 7 week one will make sure the pregnancy is in the right spot which is pretty important to know but if you that against them just wait til your NT scan, you will probably find that you wont be able to help yourself and all you will want to see is that perfect little heart beating! I love my doppler and wouldn't live without it! Your 7 week scan won't go for any longer than 5-10min an they are done on so many babies without any repercussions, Its def a personal choice! I got that tired in my first trimester if i was driving after 12noon i would have to find somewhere for a nap in the car LOL. Goodluck with your Beta!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

9 years ago

Thanks for the info on ultrasounds stillfun!! I know - I'm dying to get the chance to see an ultrasound, but I'm going to try to wait. We'll see if I can do it, lol. I'm managing to hold off on telling my DH so far! I bought him a father's day card and am going to give it to him when he gets back.

Holy sleepy - I went out to do my beta this morning and was so tired on the way back that I crawled into bed as soon as I got home and slept for a solid 2 hours.

Off for lunch with mom now!

User Image

9 years ago

Looking forward to your Beta Northern! Will you join CMP if its good?
Hows things going Hoping? How do you feel after that super follie?
Guess what!!?? They found my ring while i was away! It was in a potato sack in my cold room! Must have fallen off when i was getting some spuds one day! So I'm happy about that LOL

9 years ago

LOL, stillfun! Glad they found your ring! No wonder you couldn't find it! I once found a pendant off a necklace in my pots/pans drawer under my oven - it must have fallen off when I was leaning over getting a pan out. I searched everywhere for that thing and finally found it about 4 months later.

Beta is 653!! I'm happy with anything over 300, so I'm thrilled. I still feel like this is a dream.

User Image

9 years ago

Mel and stillfun, I joined up at CMP. I'm staying here too though!! I love our little group!

User Image

9 years ago

I feel fine. I think I O'd during the night before my IUI. Didn't have any O pains yesterday, just bloaty. Temp was up yesterday and more so this morning...all I can do now is wait

Levels seem great Northern!

User Image

9 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo