Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1071 - 1080 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Ok, I'm now thinking that the bit of blood might have been implantation bleeding - did some reading about it and 12 DPO still falls within the window for normal implantation bleeding. Nothing since and I'm still getting creamy and even EW CM. This waiting is driving me nuts girls...I really hate these last few days of the TWW. Even hubby was asking me this morning if I tested, lol. I will only test with FMU and only every 2nd day.

User Image

11 years ago

Well I'm out, it appears. Spotting again today and a BFN this morning at 13 DPO. On the bright side, hubby and I talked this morning about going back to the fertility clinic and seeing what they advise and ask about doing an IUI. Don't know why I was worried about him not wanting to do it - he just said he wants to see me happy, whatever it takes.

User Image

11 years ago

So sorry Northern, But on the upside thats great news about DH willing to go to the clinic, i asked mine the other day and he was like hhhmmmmm which means NO in his words LOL I will push again in another few months, Very crampy today maybe AF is comming early, Hope so then i cant start my next cycle, while was in town i got a FRER and a Blue dye (dont ask me why i got a blue dye but i did LOL) anyway check out my pic of the kick ass Evap! Its a good one LOL, How is everyone? Mel have you started AF? Im def NOT preg but the blue dye would trick you for sure!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: no AF yet. I believe she is due Friday. Those blue due tests are horrible. I usually get nothing but a mess with those because the blue runs through the whole thing every time lol!

Northernbabydream: so sorry about the BFN but I agree with stillfun it's great that your dh is open to going to a clinic. I think that an IuI will do the trick for you. Sometimes the swimmers just need that little extra help! :)

Afm: still waiting lol! But my mom leaves Thursday so the next couple days will go fast and then AF will be here. I am still deciding on the iui I probably won't know if I'm doing it until the very last minute haha! Anyways hope everyone is doing well. Next month will be the month for all of us. I'm feeling good about it!!!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Thanks stillfun and Mel! Stillfun, your blue dye test looks totally positive - those blue ones suck. Good luck with your guy! I didn't mention to hubby that he's going to have to do more sperm samples, lol. It's better if I just spring it on him at the time...next hurdle will be getting him to come with me to the appointment. Men! But yeah, at least he's willing for us to continue and try IUIs.

Mel, do you have to arrange with the fertility clinic ahead of time for the IUI, or can you do it last minute? I just found out that I have to get a re-referral from my GP to even book an appt with the fertility clinic because it's been more than 6 months since I've been there. It's probably different in the states but just wanted to throw that out there so you don't get caught at the last minute if you do decide to do it.

AFM, I went to my GP and got my referral today so hoping I can get an appointment fairly soon for the clinic - it typically takes a couple months to get in though.

User Image

11 years ago

Northern baby: I'd wait to tell my dh too lol! I'm going to have my IUI done through my obgyn. He knows our situation and so let's me wait until last minute. My fertility doctor would need some notice but I can't go through him because we are using a known donor and he is required to run tests on our donor and get a lawyer to write up a contract and the sperm would have to go through quarintine for 6 months unless your using frozen then thats already done through the cryobank. but my obgyn said I could just bring in my BILs sperm and he would do the iui no problem. Lol!

Afm: AF made an early visit today. I'm pretty excited!! On a side note my dh is getting our taxes done today and unfortunately it looks like we will owe more than ever this year. So stupid! So now I don't know how much I'll have for baby stuff until he's done but he already called me sounding worried. We pay our taxes through the year, work hard and dealing with infertility we sure dont have extra money. Stupid government. :(

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Mel, that's great that your obgyn can do the IUI for you - so much easier! I really dislike how strict and impersonal the fertility clinic is - I haven't been all that impressed from what I've seen so far. And not to mention, expensive. The $400 that I thought the IUI cost doesn't include all the other stuff that goes along with like the sperm washing and the drugs if I end up taking Clomid or whatever. I think it's going to end up more like $1000 a cycle.

I feel your tax pain too. With me not working much, things are feeling tight for us too. Restocking on groceries and house stuff alone after our move cost me $2500 during April. Haven't even started our taxes yet...gotta get on that.

User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream: I believe our IUI cycles at the clinic ran about $1200 with meds and monitoring. But my obgyn costs $300 w/washing but no monitoring or meds. Have you asked your obgyn? Maybe they could do it although if you can afford the monitoring through a clinic it is better. I agree they aren't as comfortable. Well IUI is out we officially owe the government $5000 OMG! I almost had a heart attack. That's two cycles I could do and instead it's going to God knows where. Ugh! Time for a xanax. Lol!

11 years ago

Wow, big difference Mel. I don't have an obgyn and the way the system works here I don't think I can get one until I'm pregnant. I guess I could look into it when we're down in Mexico this fall...hmm. Medical costs are much cheaper down there.

Ouch on the taxes!

User Image

11 years ago

WOW mel that sucks!!! We will have to pay around $10000 at the end of June but we are prepared and have been putting it aside so we wont have a big shock like you guys, sorry you cant get a real IUI but im sure doing it at home will work and its heaps cheaper!! LOL

AF yet Northern? Have u tested?

I tested this am cause i just wanted to be sure and its a BFN (so expected) It looks like we are all due for AF around the same time... Its funny how we are the only one who have stayed on this forum im trying to work out if its a good thing or not LOL but us 3 have been here from the start and i dont know what i would have done without you girls :) So heres to next cycle for all of us and lets see some BFP's!!!!!

UUGGHH forgot to mention how sore my boobs are! Stupid body

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo