Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1771 - 1780 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

stillfun, that makes sense with the progesterone - to trick your body into not releasing LH so you don't lose your eggs.

User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun: I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I agree with northern your dad might need to seek professional help. I hope that you are able to block him out a bit so you aren't completely stressed out this cycle you. you just have so much going on. we are very close!!! I start my Lupron on Thursday!!!!

Hoping: Happy to hear that your Dh's blood work came back good although I know it doesn't help to figure out what the problem is. I hope your blood work comes back good as well or that it gives you the answers you need. I'm so sorry Hoping that things are not getting better in the bedroom. I'm sure your husband wishes it was easier too. Maybe it will be one of those things where as soon as the stress of baby making is gone then it will happen. Hoping try to stay positive. Would your husband consider alternative ways to conceive? Maybe donor sperm?

northern: tickling? really? I'll def. have to give that a try lol! I never would've thought of doing that. I guess it makes sense though. I'm glad you were able to get a BD in I hope that you were able to catch the egg. OMG I have totally been where you are with the O pain. It sucks when its that strong but at least it gives you a def. answer on whether you O'd or not lol!

AFM: getting meds has been a pain in the ass. I started off with an online pharmacy only to be told they don't accept my insurance so we just got the Lupron through them since I need is ASAP and we knew insurance wouldn't cover it. twice had to ask them to forward it to a new pharmacy and still nothing so yesterday had to have my coordinator fax it out to the new place and when I went in today it took an hour and a half to get shit situated between them and a compound pharmacy and both saying they don't take our insurance only to be told " oh we can order it and insurance will cover some of it" Then to be told that neither carry the progesterone so now it looks like I will be going through a 3rd pharmacy for that. UGH! Don't know why all pharmacies can't just have everything. I'm trying to remind myself that this cycle we knew would be a learning cycle. If we have to do another cycle then we will def. be more prepared.

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Hey girls, Sorry bout the meds being so annoying Mel, In Australia the clinic has it all and that's the only place you deal with except for pesseries and tablets.
I have been on 6 Progynova a day for a few days now and it gives me the most horrible taste in my mouth! absolutely terrible! It doesn't matter how many times I brush my teeth!
Feeling more optimistic about things now, I am eating 6-7 brazil nuts a day but will stay away from pineapple as nit has conflicting opinions, They say that its great to aid in Imp but other studies show it contracts your uterus ( not what we want around that time) If you look up ways to induce labour pineapple is a good one to contract your uterus.... so I will stay away from it! My linning should be like a pillow once im done with the progynova, even I will want to sleep in it for 9 months LOL.

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

OMG too much going to on to comment right now, but good luck to Mel and Stillfun on the what is upcoming!!!

Stillfun sorry about your dad he sounds like he does need some professional help for sure, not to dump all over you.

Northern boo for O pain! But at least you know I always had a hard time even knowing when I ovulated even with LH tests.

Hoping, hopefully you and DH can figure out some way to make it work for both of you to be happy

AFM: this is my last day at work, hell yeah!!! I am so done working. Doc apt yesterday sitting at 1-2 cm dilated, this means nothing (so don't get too excited) I will let you know either when something starts happening or after for sure. And I will not just disappear on you guys I want to see you all get what you desire. Bye for now xoxo

User Image

10 years ago

Thanks Anastasia!! Very exciting :)
I have decided to cut my dad, he was never really a big part in my life so its no biggie, I feel bad for my step mum who has a terminal illness that is slowly attacking her motor functions, she has the capability of a 5 yr old, and I know this is added stress on my dad but he doesn't care about me, I wish I could show you his emails... Anyway enough of that, so far I have taken 28 pills in 6 days and will take another 4 today, uugghhh so over this taste in my mouth!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Well, CD 6 for me and bd 2x yesterday. Time #2 I checked sperm under microscope since dh been on fertility vitamin for 7 weeks. i was very very pleased with how many live ones i saw. Many more than ever before. And that was after ejaculation 14 hrs before. May even get to the point where natural conception can occur. IF not, IUI may be a finantial possibility .

User Image

10 years ago

Good news hoping, we are cycling close again :)
CD 8 today and went for a scan, my pinning is 8.3mm which is great, I'm still on the progynova and I start pesseries tomorrow BBOOO so its great my lining is above average! Ken flew in today and haven't seen him for 10 days so we bd as soon as we got to the apartment, but I asked my FS this morn if I would O and he said no, we checked my ovaries and they were all smalls, like they were on my baseline CD 1 scan, so very interesting!

10 years ago

Congrats on finishing up at work Anastasia! Any day now I suppose, hey? So exciting! How are you feeling?

Stillfun, so many meds! Sounds like all is going well though. That's great Ken has joined you now. Is he able to stay for a while or does he have to head back?

Hoping, that's great news! Yup, I really do think those fertility vitamins can and do work. Hopefully that's all you two needed!

How are you doing, Mel?

AFM, 6 DPO today and had a weird day yesterday. I know it's too early for implantation, but I had lots of CM yesterday am and sudden sharp pains that go away really quickly all day. Couldn't even BD. Still there but mild today - more like what I normally get - little muscle-pulling type twinges. That's about all that's going on for me. I really want this week to hurry up!

User Image

10 years ago

I have called an infertility doctor office and am awaiting them to call me back concerning pricing on office visits, semen analysis and maybe IUI to see if MAYBE that's possible. I know I still don't see enough sperm, but when the before microscope field might show 5-10 sperm and now shows 50 or more.....to me that's a giant improvement after 7 weeks.

User Image

10 years ago

Northern 6 dpo isn't too early, its unlikely but not impossible, anytime after 5 is possible, that how girls get pos at 8dpo, goodluck!
Goodluck to you too hoping! I hope you find the money.
Afm, could have had a very expensive mistake today, I picked up my pessariesy yesterday and rang the clinic cause ther was 74 of them, which I thought was too many, if I didn't call I would have just taken them, little did I know they were all different and to be taken at dif times in my cycle, if I took the wrong ones today it would have ruined my cycle, lack of communication between the clinic and the pharmacy, lucky o called or I would have just picked a boxed and ruined my cycle.

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo