Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

241 - 250 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Bah, sorry to hear that stillfuntryin. :( Hang in there - hopefully you'll hear back from the doc soon and at least you'll have a better idea of what's going on. With my DH's SA, it took 2-3 weeks for them to get back to us. Did they say when they'd call with the results? I hope it's soon.

AFM, I'm feeling fairly hopeless this cycle. I'm still doing everything I can, but it's feeling like a huge chore and I'm not feeling excited or hopeful at all. At this point, I'm feeling like I couldn't even imagine falling pregnant - we've been trying for so long without even a miscarriage...

Sorry to be such a downer - maybe I'm just tired.

User Image

11 years ago

I think DH was finally sad when he heard me come back to bed at 3.30am and asked if i was ok and i said i got AF, i think it genuinley hit home that we might not be able to have kids naturally, i got an email from the clinic the other day asking me to make an appointment for DH's results and i emailed back and asked if he needed to be there as they know he is really busy and is rarely at home and she said that he didnt so i wrote back to make it for as soon as possible and still havent heard i wrote yesterday letting them know i would be available most of the day today but still nothing, its really killing me now that AF has showed, i think im def going to throw those hpts that give lines all the time away i knew when i was testing that they had to be fairly dark to belive them but i still got a little hopeful anyway seeing as the line is so clear and visable, i knew all along that it was just the stupid test so i dont know who i was kidding LOL, i was very amazed at DH's reaction to the AF news, when we were in Cairns he was rubbing my belly and saying "hows little Lochie going in there i hope he's OK" i think he almost talked himself into that i was pregnant and all this was just a bad dream. we almost had a fight (well we sorta did) when he was doing the SA sample he was saying i was making him do things he didnt want to do and that he wanted kids but he didnt think that making the decision to have kids would have led him to lab testing and feeling like it was his fault, i tried to expain that it was a simple procedure that would shed alot of light on the situation insted af still going a it blindley, once he produced the sample his demeaner changed i think he was just getting down on all the pressure of it all, i think he really wants to get to the bottom of this as much as i do he just needs a little extra push sometimes i have you guys to support me and he has me i spose, anyways i musy get back to weeding my garden LOL

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: I hope that they are able to get you in soon to get the results. Too bad they won't tell you over the phone. I'm sorry the SA caused an argument between you and your Dh. It can be very stressful but hopefully the results will bring some relief.

Northernbabydream: what cycle day are you on? Also I apologize for not remembering but how many cycles have you done so far? You will get pregnant im sorry you are so down. I hope that this month is your month!

Afm: we had our appt. with the urologist today. It was a little awkward explaining why I was there with my BiL looking into him having a vasectomy reversal lol! Even more awkward when the doctor had him drop his shorts so he could feel him up lol! But we made it. The doctor seemed to try to push me to try more with my Dh but said my BIL should have no problem producing sperm after a reversal. Problem is after all was said and done the price turns up being $5500 which is upsetting as that would be 2 cycles worth of money. After talking to my Dh for all of twenty min.lol (he was getting ready to leave on a trip to Colorado.) he mentioned wanting to save up money and try to move forward with his brother as well as looking into getting started with an adoption attorney and try to do both. I'm shocked as I've mentioned trying to move forward with adoption while doing all this and he has continuously told me no. I'm a little excited just wish it all didn't cost so much as it will take us quite some time to get moving. On a side note my Dh gave me the go ahead to do some home Insems with the last of our donor sperm. We figure we already paid for it might as well use it and at home it wouldn't cost nothing but shipping. So we will see maybe ill get lucky and get pregnant on a free round lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

What do you girls think? I really want to try to do my first ICI this month but here's the thing I'm currently on day 14 I typically O between day 15 and day 20 I'm not feeling any ovulation pings yet but I can't order my sperm until tomorrow and then it won't be here until monday so day 18. Would you try and push it or just wait until next cycle. Also do you think I should use all three of my vials in one cycle to catch all the times or do two next cycle and one the following?

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Never mind on that last one. After I asked I went and used an ovulation test and there was a smile lol! Looks like I'm waiting until next cycle lol!

11 years ago

Melc- Im sorry your appt was awkward LOL, Hope you didnt see it
I was going to say with the sperm to do 1 this cycle and 2 the next but looks like its too late....

AFM- this waiting for the SA results is killing me, and yes mel it is a phone consult i cant see why it is taking so long, maybe they are waitning for the bloods, they could at least email me back and let me know instead of telling me to make an appt and then nothing bck from them for 1 week, i keep checking my email like a little kid at christmas LOL. Can they give them over the counter drugs to improve there sperm or is it just vitamins?

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: I've heard of some doctors putting guys on clomid to improve sperm count and I've seen some women purchase fertilaid for men. Its got a great rating on amazon. My Dh refused to try it though and since he was zero I didn't push it but im sure it's just vitamins nothing that can hurt and I think I've read some forums where women swear it helped.

11 years ago

yeah im not a big beleiver in vitamins and neither is DH so that is why i was asking, who knows might not need them

11 years ago

Melc, yikes that would have been some awkwardness. Oh well, it's over now. Great that your hubby is wanting to move forward on all fronts. You'll get your baby one way or another!

I'm on CD 14 now (woot!) and BDed this am, and every second day since CD 8. My OPK strip today still wasn't as dark as the control line, but I forgot to test yesterday, so maybe I missed it. Temperature is still low. Anyhow, I'll test again tomorrow and plan on BDing again on the weekend. We'll have been trying for 2 years, come September. Maybe that's why I'm feeling down - with September coming up it reminds me how long it's been. I talked with DH about it and am feeling a bit better now. What is meant to happen will happen - I don't want to make myself miserable over ttc.

Stillfuntryin, try not to worry about your hubby's SA until you get the results. But yeah, my Dr. didn't have any advice or recommendations for treating my DH's poor sperm quality. I've been giving him vitamins, but I think he's already pretty healthy.

User Image

11 years ago

Northernbabydream: good luck! Fingers crossed you get a positive OpK soon and that all your BDing does the trick this month. I def. understand how hitting the 2year mark of TTC would get you down. I get that way near my anniversary it seems like everyone I've known that gets married gets pregnant right away and I keep going who is married for 4 years without a baby. But your right what is meant to happen will happen and it'll happen when it should it's hard to always keep that in mind but I'm happy you feeling more upbeat after talking to your Dh.

Stillfuntryin: I hope you don't! :)

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo