Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1861 - 1870 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

So today was my second beta draw, my clinic usually does it but there machine broke this morn, so they sent it to another place, when I got home I went to the loo to change my panty liner because of the pesseries I take and it had a pink colour to it!! I freak out and call my nurse who isn't in but I spoke to another nurse who didn't seem too worried, That was about 10am, but 1pm it was brown and now 3:30pm there was nothing when I checked my cervix, I would be OK with all of this cause I know spotting is common in early preg but I have been cramping all day too! Its not AF cramping its sort of all over the place, my back hurts then my ovaries then in the middle then the side, its not consistent, Im still waiting on my results but im feeling a little deflated, Beta 2 days ago was 647 and I have had a darker FRER since then but cant help but worry!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Well the nurse finally rang after I called the clinic 5 times today LOL beta is 1447, so first beta was 647 second 48hrs after was 1447 that's a doubling tie of 41.34hrs

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

I would have had a freak out moment too. The levels look good

User Image

10 years ago

Geez stillfun, what a scare. I was freaking out just reading your post, until I got to the second beta number! Try not to worry. I hope the cramps settle down.

I have something weird going on with my cycle that's new. From my OPKs, EWCM, and O pain, I believe I ovulated on CD 11, but my BBT didn't go up noticeably until today, CD15. I'm worrying that something is wrong - like the egg not leaving the follicle on time? Anyone have any ideas? This same thing happened last cycle too but I blamed it on adjusting to a natural cycle, and I had that wicked O pain last time (not this cycle though). I'm going to do a google search on it but thought I'd ask you girls too.

User Image

10 years ago

Sorry Northern, I have always had EWCM 3-4 days before O and none on O day and have had very confusing cycles but once I have actually Od it always has made sense, so cant help you, did you BD anyway?
No spotting! No cramping!! Feel a lot better today, I did pull out the FRERs yesterday so I could see if it was darker today LOL and it is, They make me feel better but the control line is getting that faint now they wont tell m much soon, Beta is on Tue next week, Im still rather symptomless things come an go but no real big ones yet, hope somthing happens soon im 4 weeks 5 days today

10 years ago

Glad you're feeling better today stillfun! You never know, you could have an easy first trimester - no symptoms could be nice!

We BDed every two days from CD7 on. I wanted to get another one in yesterday on CD14, but DH was tired and it felt like it was too late anyway. Really frustrating since it seems like I have a really narrow window of opportunity before my EWCM disappears. I don't think we got it exactly dead on this time. My peak EWCM was on CD 11 in the afternoon and we BDed that night but by the time we DTD, the CM was already gone. I'm thinking I need to watch for it and immediately BD, lol. Not exactly always possible to do! Maybe I'm overthinking all this and should stop worrying. I didn't find much in my google searching other than that a slow BBT rise can be normal. I feel like a lot of the supposed "fertility experts" online don't have a clue.

User Image

10 years ago

My BBT usually didn't rise until the second day after O.

And stillfun, I never had the first symptom until the day I turned 6weeks. Then all hell broke loose and everyone in the public bathroom I made a mad dash for knew it too! (Of course all the women in there ran OUT then )

User Image

10 years ago

Hi all

Stillfun holy I was freaking out reading your post! So glad things settled down, I am pretty sure I cked my panties every day all the time I went to the bathroom almost the whole pregnancy! I think it is something you can't outgrown I just told myself that all was healthy and well with the pregnancy and pushed negative thoughts out of my mind as best as I could. Glad to hear betas are doubling so fast too :) Oh and PS you will have symptoms just give it a while, mine took a while to come on as well

Northern, not sure what is up I did have a hard time getting a positive OPK but I could read my cervix pretty well for signs of fertility.

Mel how are you feeling?

AFM: over did it today as in I swept the floor, I know you are thinking big deal but then I got a nice big gush of blood (sorry TMI) I am healing up well but doing anything above lifting Kaj and the occasional dishes and laundry I feel stuck. I just wanna feel back to my old self or as close as I can get with a newborn and a 4 year old, oh and did I mention DH is on night shift for 2 weeks :( At least he is getting to keep his job some guys are getting laid off from the winter season so we are actually lucky that they want to keep him, it just means night shift for 2 weeks. that we can deal with, not getting laid off!!

Kaj is growing he is over 8 lbs as of Monday and he is already outgrowing a couple sleepers. He sleeps pretty good although he has his "I want to stay up and fuss for 2 & 1/2 hours in the middle of the night" moments. But oh well, that is to be expected. Annika is doing great with him, she loves her little brother.

Gotta go put her to bed and relax before I take Kaj to bed for the night. Cross your fingers both kids sleep well as I don't have night time help tonight. xoxo

User Image

10 years ago

Anastasia: You will be back to your old self in no time. Try to take it easy and enjoy it. I hope the nights get easier soon! :)

Northern: I'm so sorry. Some women are so lucky to have their body just do what they are supposed to do. Mine was always all over the place and my CM never matched O day and UGH! That would be the one plus side to going with IVF is it's all int he hands of your doctor ;) I think if your DTDing around O you should be fine. I think fresh sperm can survive up to 3-4 days.

stillfun; That is a GREAT second beta! Can't wait until you get to go for your ultrasound. I've heard spotting is normal with early pregnancy. I know its hard not to worry though. Like Hoping said though the symptoms will come so try to enjoy being pregnant without them while you can :)

hoping: I really hope your IUIs work! Try and stay positive!

AFM: 4dp5dt yesterday I ended up so tired after work I took a nap which never happens. I also had some back aches throughout the day. this morning I woke up to lots of cramping and I'm feeling little pinches near my ovaries. I'm really trying hard not to read too much into the symptoms but I was happy to get the cramping this morning as I remember having a lot of cramping with my chemical. I have been good and haven't bought any tests but yesterday I did end up finding one in a drawer from my last IUI cycle. EEk now I feel like its staring me down every time I go into the bathroom to pee. lol! I'm trying to hold out until Tuesday when I know I will be considered 12dpo. We will see though lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

yay Mel! Excited for Tuesday :)

Yes nights will get easier eventually He sleeps good most nights it is just some nights are terrible, makes me a zombie the whole next day.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo