Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

391 - 400 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Mel, that sucks! I was feeling so optimistic for you last night. So sorry...

User Image

11 years ago

Thanks girls. Thankfully it's sat so I can sit here at home and mope all day lol! So I know this sounds crazy but I'm considering selling my eggs to pay off our loans and move forward. I have a friend who does it and she makes like 10,000 each time. If I Did four rounds we'd be all caught up and be able to start over. I hate the thought of my eggs working for someone else though and possibly not me but I can't think of any other way to make lots of money in a decent amount of time. I'm open to suggestions lol!

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Wow, Mel that's a lot of coin! It certainly sounds like it would be a good option to allow you to keep trying. I was just thinking the other day that it's a shame my eggs are likely just going to go to waste, since it doesn't look like we're ever going to conceive. So, I guess you could look at it that way...at least someone is getting use of them, lol. But, it's a huge decision and something you'd certainly want to think about for a bit before deciding on.

User Image

11 years ago

WOW that is big money! I know that you said a while ago that you wouldnt do IVF, wouldnt you be half way there is harvesting your eggs, you should do 1 or 2 harvests for money and then maybe see if they can do one for you and put them back fertilised! you would at least have a good idea of how many eggs can be retreived, some women only get 5 some get 15! i would definatley look into it in more detail and see if it is somthing you are willing to do, i know it can knock you around alot but if its getting you closer to having your own bub or an adopted one i say go for it, what have you got to loose! except maybe you sanity if you havent lost it already! LOL

Great to see you back Northerbabydream even if you arnt activley TTC its great to have you around!

AFM- You would swear DH is the one pregnant around here with these mood swings he is having im finding it hard to keep my cool when he over reacts about somthing, he isnt getting annoyed at me but our staff and other things that are going on he snaps in 1 second and then i have to bring him back to "it's OK not everyone is out to get you just chill out dude" its super frustrating seeing as im the one that should be getting the words of support and its the other way around, I have been super moody but i dont want to pick a figth with DH i just walk away and shake my head! The very little symptom thing is starting to worry me i know i should be thinking how lucky i am but cant help but worry, The nausea is very light and i have only had it 3 times, my boobs are sorta aching under my armpits but not as bad as i would have thourght at 7 + 4 weeks, i get a little cramp every now and then but i know its just my uterus streatching, i have no frequency to pee but that may be cause my uterus is over my bowel insted of my bladder (retroverted or tilted uterus), aaggrrhhh i wish i could stop worrying but until i see that heart beat i dont think i will be able to relax!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: wow you got me thinking with the keeping some eggs so I did some research and it seems that there is what's called an egg sharer program that some places offer (mostly popular in the UK) the egg sharing program means that the person wanting the eggs pays for your IVF as well as half the eggs and then the person donating gets to keep half the eggs. Which works out for both parties as its cheaper for the person needing eggs and its real cheap for the one donating to still do IVF! Some of the places in the UK offer it 100% free and I saw a couple of people that said they just had to pay for meds. Ill have to look there is a place near me that does 3rd party egg donation which sounds similar guess I will have to check it out. I'm kind of excited about this. Lol! That's funny about your Dh. Sorry he's giving you a hard time your right you deserve the extra support right now. I'm sure things will get better. Try not to stress a stressed mommy makes for a stressed baby. I'm sure things will be perfect durin flour ultrasound but I can def. understand feeling a little anxious until that point. I would be a wreck too.

Northernbabydream: maybe egg sharing is something you could consider also? I'm sure everything will work

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

11 years ago

Wow, that's interesting that they do that in the UK! I'll def keep that in mind. Like stillfuntryin said, it seems like it's worth at least looking into Mel.

Stillfuntryin, that's funny about your hubby. My friend and his girlfriend had a baby a few months ago and I remember him saying that he swore that he got just as bad mood swings as she did during her pregnancy. He was really weepy mostly though, lol! I hope he calms down - maybe the excitement of it all is overwhelming for him right now.

It feels good to be back on here with you gals too. It does me good to try to think about things other than my furbaby. Hah, getting pregnant now would certainly be the ultimate distraction!

User Image

11 years ago

Hi girls,

Wish me luck! i leave for town tommorow morn early for my dating and heartbeat scan! the scan isnt until the next day but i wont be able to write until friday!
So excited, my bff is going with me and i get to meet her new bub for the first time! Hope everone else is good!!!!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

11 years ago

Stillfuntryin: yeah! Good luck! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

Afm: so I talked to my Dh about the egg share thing and he didn't say yes but didn't say no lol! I told him I was going to see if anywhere closer does it. I called a place 30 min from me and asked them and the receptionist told me she would ask about it for me. When she came back she said they might have a current situation that would work perfectly for us. but she had to talk to the doctor first. She called me 20 min later and said the doctor really wanted to see me and discuss everything and that they would be willing to do the consultation for free. (It's normally $300) so I'm really excited my Dh agrees it doesn't hurt to check it out and if this situation means a close to free IVF cycle we will be jumping on it. I'm nervous though since they didn't say what the couple or person was looking for as far as eggs go and didnt give any information. Well my consult will be on Halloween so I will keep you all posted! Wish me luck!

11 years ago

Oh thats great news Mel!!!!! i cant wait to hear the outcome! Oh im so nervous!!! i talked to DH about mmy fear of not seeing a heartbeat and he said "well, we will deal with it and start all over again" not excactly encouraging words but im sure he means well! LOL

11 years ago

Dang ladies I feel liked I missed so much..I have the worst wifi connection ever but cnt complain cuz when it works it free :P

Mel..So sad to hear AF arrived..I was so hoping to come back to a BFP..buuuut ur new idea sounds wonderful!! I hope it works out for you 2..Would be amazing to help someone and u get help in return Have u told me how old u are? if u dnt mind..Wondering what the cutoff age is for selling eggs..Im probably too old already

Stillfun..Cant wait to hear about ur first scan!! The BD fest was better than usual so i guess we shall see..lol..Didnt know I could get a pos OPK and still not ovulate..So i have a basal thermometer but honestly I dnt know how the temp thing works even if I did do it..Guess I need to figure that one out..Still no appt..I will probably wait till after the holidays..

NorthernBaby..Def glad u have been here more often These ladies are a big help..No one else in my life can I talk to about this stuff cuz they all have kids already..My hubbys brothers all have kids and all my sisters do except the single one and I guarantee the second she gets married and tries BOOM..she'll be preggo and I'll be crying..Life is so unfair sometimes..Hang in there!

User Image

11 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo