Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1791 - 1800 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Northern: great symptoms!!! I would be going nutty too!!!

Stillfun: I guess they would be pessaries. Here they call them vaginal suppositories. it's funny you asked though because when I told my husband I was going to be starting my suppositories he was like "what you have to stick pill up your butt." lol! Makes since to have separate names for the two.

Hoping: I know quite a few people on forums that were able to have a midwife do IUIs for cheap. Not so lucky here in CA I called ever midwife I could find and none of them do it here but you might get lucky where you live. Your doctor should be able to check for cysts, check your lining and also see if you ovulated. (which might be good to know.) If you can afford it or it's free I'd def. have it done they really are a piece of cake.

AFM: Planning on telling my boss tomorrow that I need time off for my transfer. It's so nerve wracking having to tell people you business and hope that they understand. I'm sure she will be nice about it but there's always the chance she won't be. then what would I do? quit yikes! lol! Just realized my Due date (fingers crossed) will be the day after Thanksgiving. That is so crazy to think about. lol! :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Hey guys just checking in :)

Stillfun sorry to hear the meds are a pain, but super good call on checking on the pills, that could have caused problems for sure.

Northern symptoms sound good, crossing my fingers for you!!

Mel yay coming up so soon, I hope your boss is good with time off cause if she isn't she can go suck an egg!!!!

Hoping that sounds great, fertility vitamins can work some magic for sure, hope the SA gives you some good news. and I can't believe how much IUI cost there, in Kelowna it is 300-350 and I thought that was lots.

AFM: 39 weeks 6 days officially 40 weeks tom. Had doc apt today, he did a membrane sweep as best as he could for me so cross your fingers & toes something happens & lo decides to come meet us, today would be great!!!! My doc is gone after tom on a holiday and I really really want him to be the one delivering so please baby please come out to play :)

Gotta go finish mopping the floor & putting laundry away, keep you updated as best as I can

User Image

10 years ago

So exciting!!! Hope baby comes soon, Anastasia!! My sisters would go hiking or horseback riding to try to get their babies to come...not sure those are such good ideas but seemed to work, lol! Aren't there herbs too that are good to take to help encourage baby to come? I can't remember what they are. Anyhow, I suppose he or she will make the grand appearance when they're ready. I'm so excited that "one of us" is finally having their baby!!!

Mel, hope the talk with your boss goes ok. I can't see someone making a fuss about it - it's not like you're trying to take time off for a vacation.

User Image

10 years ago

Turning in our SA in the morning. I was worried I would O too close to the time we had to abstain, but it seems I will be OK. Still very negative OPKs. Seems like nothing much is going on right now.....

User Image

10 years ago

Been checking but not writing, I'm on 3 pesseries a day, still doing the progynova, I have had a few close to vomiting moments lately which I have never experienced, transfer is still in Friday, I think if it was a normal cycle my o would have been yesterday, Pippa is great! I real casual pup, not much effects her, bit she hates bath time, going to the vet for her needles in 30 min, hope you are all well, how the lupron treating you Mel?

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Pippa looks so cute, stillfun! Sounds like she has a good temperament.

So bummed - I just noticed some brown spotting and so I checked my cervix. Clearly soft. So I'm out this cycle. I really felt like this one had a good chance. We are just so frustrated.

User Image

10 years ago

Bummer Northern ! Its such a discouraging feeling I know it well.
stillfun!

Afm, SA is turned in and should get results this afternoon. I'm on pins and needles. hope its not toooo bad news!

User Image

10 years ago

Hoping, let us know the results when you find out!!! Fingers crossed for you! At least they are telling you right away. We had to wait a ridiculously long time for my hubby's.

User Image

10 years ago

So here is what results say.....

Semen volume: 4.0 ml

Semen concentration: n/a

total concentration: n/a

motility: n/a

forward progression: 0-1+

total motile count: n/a

ph: 8.0

morphology normal forms: n/a

viscosity: none

liquification: at exam

"few motile and few non-motile sperm seen on examination of slides"

WTF??? What's with all the "n/a"'s

User Image

10 years ago

Doesn't make sense, they look like they have done nothing.... When is your follow up?

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo