Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

2071 - 2080 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Northern your hubby has such awesome sperm maybe you should try a natural cycle with aspirin, maybe see another clinic that will look into auto immune stuff, I was watching deliver me yesterday and there were two women on there with NK cells and they were both on Aspirin and lovenox, your clinic need to do a little more research into why you are having so much trouble, I think and IVF route wouldn't be so bad, at least you know how the sperm and egg are reacting, maybe your eggs are a little hard and they cant break through!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Yeah, thanks stillfun, I agree. I'm tired of not being listened to by the medical system. My acupuncturist didn't want me taking the low dose aspirin because of the herbs I'm taking. I'll talk to her again about it and show her the research I found. I need to make a bunch of notes to bring to her and to the RE to ask about all the information on NK cell, autoimmune, infection and sperm allergy causes of infertility I found.

Still wavering about whether or not to do just a natural cycle. If DH is going to get one of these jobs, this may be our only chance for many months. I guess I'll wait to see what my bloodwork results are tomorrow am and then call the fertility clinic and go from there.

User Image

10 years ago

wow I missed a lot!

Hoping: I had a lot of pain with my ovaries when I was on clomid it wasn't near as bad when I was on the injectables. The 23 cm is great! I know with clomid you want them on the bigger side and 57mil sperm is GREAT!! I hope that you get your BFP!! Are you on progesterone?

Northern: it is so hard to figure out the best route each month. I think it'd be great if you could give this month your all. Good luck! I hope your able to work it out with your RE before it's too late.

Stillfun: how are you doing? Hope everything is going well.

AFM: I have my second ultrasound tomorrow. Still feeling good. A little too good I think sometimes but trying to focus on that being a good thing haha! Other than that nothing going on. Had a busy weekend celebrating Easter with Dh's family and mine. How was everyone else's Easter?

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

No, I'm not on progesterone. He said to check with a test later and if my period comes to call and if it is positive to come in and get bloodwork done. I am most concerned_that he did the insemination too early. But with multiple eggs, I don't know how long it took for all to release. I am wondering if I was done yesterday. My temp went up this morning to 97.9. was still 97.1 yesterday. I guess I have to wait and see! I have sperm for next month at the office if we need it

User Image

10 years ago

Let us know how the ultrasound goes today Mel! That's great you are feeling good! Not all pregnancies have bad symptoms - you are one of the lucky ones. Glad you had a nice Easter! I pigged out on chocolate, since the holiday fell on my "cheat day".

I think I'm going to just chill out this cycle. DH can't pinpoint the date he'd have to leave for work, but it very likely will be within 10 days, so there's a good chance he won't be here for O anyhow this month.

Got my bloodwork back and my blood serum ferritin is still low, so I know for sure that there's something else going on that's causing the anemia. At least I can stop taking the stupid iron pills.

User Image

10 years ago

Mel, how was your scan?

How's everyone doing?

User Image

10 years ago

I did talk to Mel yesterday if your worried and her scan was good.

Im ok, I get my Doppler today and cant wait to use it, wont probably get it until tonight but im excited :) Im slowly weaning off all my meds and cant wait for them to be over aswell! Im down to 3 pesseries a day instead of 5 and I drop another one next week! My days turn over on a Monday so I lose on prog on Monday and start doing my combination pesserie every second day! I cant wait till I get the go ahead to have sex again either :)

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Oh good, thanks stillfun. I was worrying...I can't help worrying about you two. I so can't wait to see both of your healthy babies!

Oh exciting! Will be great for you to hear baby's HB! It'll be nice when you get off all those pessaries and can have sex again!

So my DH was offered one of the jobs (other one is still pending). He has to decide whether or not to accept this one asap, since they want to fill it right away. I'm hoping that we can at least get some BDing in before he leaves. I better O early this cycle too! This job is in the north too, but not as remote as the last one. It's in an amazing park though and housing and truck are included, along with flights home every 6 weeks. Just wish I didn't have so much going on here, and with the big garden in this year.

User Image

10 years ago

What does your hubby do Northern? Are you going with him?
Maybe get some sperm frozen for future cycle wether it be IUI or IVF, I had Kens sperm frozen and they used it for my ISCI, I don't know if we have any left im sure they wouldn't have used the lot! We got a letter the other day saying we had 3 frozen embryos left and what there lot number is, I think we wont waist any time after the first one arrives, we will probably TTC naturally for a bit before doing another FET but its nice to know they are there! I think it $250 a year to keep them.

10 years ago

Thanks stillfun - that's a good idea. He works for our national parks. It's all kind of up in the air. I applied for a job up there too but it's unlikely I'll get it - it's in a different field - but there's not a lot of jobs there (only 800 people in town). We would probably end up both travelling back and forth quite a bit. I think we could work out the trips so that we could be together for O at least half the time, and likely be able to do a couple more IUIs, so I'm not too worried.

User Image

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo