Community post

Discussion

No Sperm......

View Full Post

My partner and I have been ttc for 16 months now. He went for a SA and within 2 days had a phone call from thr dr to say they found no sperm, not 1, in his semen. He has to go again in April to see if there is any change or if they made a mistake. Has anyone been through this or similar? Really need some help on this

Nats xxx

User Image TTC#2 DD-3 DP-32 Me-24

2329 Replies • 12 years ago

Advertisement

Pregnancy test calculator

Use this calculator to help you decide when to take your first home pregnancy test.

1901 - 1910 of 2329 Replies | Last Page

Ok, so step 2 will be for me to come into the dr office and discuss which drugs he wants me on and to have a baseline ultrasound to rule out cysts on ovaries and another mid cycle to check follicles. I also have to get paperwork to do for the donor sperm and stufif.

User Image

10 years ago

Sounds good hoping. So do you go in for the baseline on CD3?

AFM, I broke down and tested this morning. I was holding my pee for almost an hour trying to talk myself out of doing it but I couldn't help it. 11 DPO and BFN - I don't know why I was hoping to see something as it's probably too early anyhow. Bleh. I need to try to talk hubby into doing an IUI next cycle.

User Image

10 years ago

Nurse just said to call when I started my next cycle and I don't think he is doing any bloodwork on me. The nurse said he didn't think there was any issues there.

We WILL get this job done Northern!!!!!

User Image

10 years ago

Well, here's to our next cycles, Hoping! Let's keep the BFPs coming!

I just found pink spotting when I wiped. Disappointing but I'm feeling more positive about going for another medicated IUI after this. I was trying to go the all natural route because it is more in line with the rest of my lifestyle but the last couple cycles haven't been all that great. I'm on CD22 and already spotting and think I ovulated way too early too. Think I'm going to stop the herbs, continue acupuncture though, and up my yoga to everyday.

User Image

10 years ago

Hi girls!!
Glad your going to give it another crack Northern!! I am sorry your spotting already! What gives with that? Are you on Progesterone????
Exciting news Hoping! I hope it all runs smoothly! Have you chosen a donor yet? How is you DH dealing with it?
AFM not much going on! That's a good thing though LOL no spotting but I am super carful with my pesseries now! My retro uterus is causing my back to ache but im cool with that LOL Been getting nausea at night time which I think is a little weird but I think that's better than in the morning! I would hate to start my day off on a bad note :) Boobs are firm and nipples are still sore apart from the cramping im feeling pretty good! I get bad fatigue which worries me a lot because I cant concentrate while driving! I have to leave for Cairns again next Monday and I am a little concerned because I will be on my own and the fatigue is bad! I don't mind being tired but just not while im trying to drive 4hrs on my own! So 10 more days till my scan!!! WWOOOOPPPP im 5 weeks 5 days!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

I have narrowed it down to 3 that I like and I want Greg to pick since its taking the place of him anyway. He is more excited than I thought he would ever be about the situation. He was immediately accepting of the need and jumped right in. I never dreamed he would be willing to go this route.

Stillfun, I am glad you stopped spotting. Bet you are so excited to see little baby! Nausea is nothing but a good sign of high hormone levels...Also high morning sickness rates are associated with little girls though...I want a little girl but am not wanting the sickness again!

I was thinking CD22 was early too for AF.....it seems the more we do to "fix" our cycles the more wonky they get

User Image

10 years ago

I would be happy with anything at this stage and DH is like that also now but we both really want a boy! my MS isn't that bad I have only got it a handful of times not everyday but what makes me think I have a girl is girls show higher HCG levels and show it sooner, I got my first faint 4DPT so I really think its a girl! But I am happy with ANYTHING!

Me 28 - DP 30 HSG all clear, very high AFC 42 SA 27million on Menevit,2% Normal Mild Teratospermia Been TTC since June 2011 Aug 2012 10dpo 10 weeks little boy Trisomy 16 Jan 2013 9dpo CP July 2013 1st round of Tamoxifen 20mg Ovidrel trigger and 4 pregnyl booster shots IVF November 2013 6 eggs collected, 5 Fertilized normally, Transferred 1 beautiful compacting 3 day morula, froze 4... FET Feb 2014 4DP5DT, Beta 11DP5DT 647 User Image

10 years ago

Stillfun: I'm so excited for you! Hope your feeling better soon!

Hoping: that's so great that your narrowed down the donors and that your Dh is excited about moving forward. I really hope it all works out right away. Hopefully you won't have to consider home Insems. I know there's a lot of people that it works for but unless you really know your body it is so hard to get the timing right.

Northern: so sorry your spotting. I think a medicated cycle is a good idea. I remember whenever I tried different things that were more "natural" they always seemed to mess me up more. Maybe it's because my body is just naturally out of whack though,

AFM: my beta is tomorrow and I'm ready for it. I had a digi popup today saying I was 2-3 weeks pregnant which is right on track. I have been having lots of cramping and I'm just ready to see what's going on. I told my Dh not to tell anyone until after the beta but he was so excited he went and told everyone! And I mean EVERYONE lol! None of my family knows yet (except my brother since he lives with me) because I was going to surprise my mom with the news on Tuesday when she flies in but now he's got me paranoid someone will mention it on Facebook or something. SMH! Lol! I'm glad he's so excited though. I just hope the beta doesn't disappoint. :)

California Conceptions DDE #1 2/10/14 Baseline Ultrasound 2/15/14 Start Lupron 3/7/14 Lining check 3/11/14 transferred two embies!!! User Image

10 years ago

Whoah, lots of activity tonight! Mel, that's funny your DH is telling everyone, after being cautious earlier. Guess it finally sunk in! Yay for beta day! You have to wait til Monday for the results though?

Stillfun, take lots of breaks if you can while driving. Glad the spotting has stopped. Hopefully now you can just relax and enjoy!!

Hoping, that is so great that Greg is so on board with using a donor. Sure makes it easier to move forward!

I'm not on progesterone...I have some in my cupboard but am not supposed to take it while on the herbs. It's not unusual for me to spot this early on when I'm not taking progesterone, it's just that I haven't spotted this early in a while and I'd thought I was doing better. But I don't think I've ever ovulated this early. I ovulated a bit early last cycle, so they adjusted my herbs a bit to lengthen my cycle and give more support in the luteal phase, but it seems that this has done the OPPOSITE! I dunno...I'm going to talk to my acupuncturist tomorrow at my visit. And I talked to hubby tonight about doing an IUI next month and he's game for it. Poor guy, I feel so bad - this ttc stuff has totally taken over my life and I'm a mess of hormones and moodiness, and he just still just wants me to be happy.

User Image

10 years ago

Im sorry you feel like that Northern! I really hope it happens for you! You really deserve it!!
Spottings back YAY! Although im pretty sure its not a MC and its just the same old shit but I really hate seeing it! FML! I really don't know what I will do if this ends in a MC! Im not sure if I can keep TTC with so many let downs!

10 years ago

Early pregnancy symptoms by day past ovulation

What signs and symptoms are most common on each day past ovulation?

Advertisement

Pregnancy test statistics

Select your day past ovulation to see the statistics and to get an understanding of what result you can expect.

Select your day past ovulation
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo
dpo